Next Manager

13 hours ago, slippers said:

It would be a ridiculous appointment given our “philosophy” it tells you what kind of mess we are in if we are approaching someone like Clarke. Hopefully it’s made up. 

It would be far from ridiculous. Our "philosophy" is nothing more than PR guff, though looks like some people buy it.

25 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

It would be far from ridiculous. Our "philosophy" is nothing more than PR guff, though looks like some people buy it.

We have to have a philosophy though. Or what does the DOF work off? Everyone at club should be working towards the same goal. But we appoint Goodwin and Robson when we apparently want to play a decent style of football. It’s absolutely fuking mental! 

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Other than trolling, can’t believe why anyone would think Clarke would be a bad appointment.

Would suspect the answer would be no, given he’s got a World Cup qualification to look forward to but notwithstanding that, if we want to go for a Scottish appointment, he’s the number 1 candidate.

Not sure who thinks it would be a bad appointment. Ridiculous yes. Bad no. 

5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Are yous actually being serious?  Walter smith and Alex McLeish didn’t even achieve anything with Scotland and got moves to rangers & Birmingham after doing decent jobs. 

Do you genuinely think after qualifying for 2 euros and getting to a World Cup play off Clarke’s next move is going to be the bottom 6 dons 😂

Zero people here believe he will be the next manager. It would just be incredibly odd if we even sounded him out based on his style of football and the blueprint we have or suppost to have. 

I think the rumour has grown legs from our no1 candidate for job not being unattainable at the time of the sacking of robson. 

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

Zero people here believe he will be the next manager. It would just be incredibly odd if we even sounded him out based on his style of football and the blueprint we have or suppost to have. 

I think the rumour has grown legs from our no1 candidate for job not being unattainable at the time of the sacking of robson. 

Scotland play decent football these days. Maybe you don't watch the games.  

They also get good results. 

Which teams play the attractive football that it would be acceptable for us to emulate? 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Scotland play decent football these days. Maybe you don't watch the games.  

They also get good results. 

Which teams play the attractive football that it would be acceptable for us to emulate? 

Agree. Scotland games are far more entertaining than Aberdeen games. McLeans winner against Norway - PHWOAR. 

23 hours ago, milne_afc said:

I’ve met Mark Fotheringham on a few occasions, he’s a really nice bloke. He’s also without any doubt, the thickest man I’ve ever endured.

Unsurprising he’s a pal of Kenny Millers then 

14 hours ago, slippers said:

It would be a ridiculous appointment given our “philosophy” it tells you what kind of mess we are in if we are approaching someone like Clarke. Hopefully it’s made up. 

If we could get Clark then fuck the philosophy 

Pie in the sky anyway 

• Upvote 3
45 minutes ago, slippers said:

We have to have a philosophy though. Or what does the DOF work off? Everyone at club should be working towards the same goal. But we appoint Goodwin and Robson when we apparently want to play a decent style of football. It’s absolutely fuking mental! 

Not sure who thinks it would be a bad appointment. Ridiculous yes. Bad no. 

What’s the difference between bad and ridiculous? 

We need to get back to the business of winning football matches. That doesn’t necessarily need to mean dull or hoofball, there can be an element of sexyness included simultaneously. 
And before anyone says “like McInnesball, you mean” - naw, as well all know how that ended.

As a matter of interest, see managers who return to the club that sacked then previously, has it ever actually worked 2nd time around? No, cos there was a reason why they were binned in the 1st place 

5 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

The yon lass is fucking woeful on the wireless,

Christ sounds miserable as fuck , and she's as fun as a rangers league win.

Fuck me I'd sooner believe that jug eared gype Fae Laurencekirk than her

I quite like her, really like the local content on original, saving the airwaves since the sad day NECR closed the doors. 

2 hours ago, slippers said:

For the good of your health I would recommend completely disregarding the corporate nonsense of a “philosophy”. 
Be like waiting for Godot waiting for this philosophy to materialise. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Are yous actually being serious?  Walter smith and Alex McLeish didn’t even achieve anything with Scotland and got moves to rangers & Birmingham after doing decent jobs. 

Do you genuinely think after qualifying for 2 euros and getting to a World Cup play off Clarke’s next move is going to be the bottom 6 dons 😂

Of course we won the European cup winners cup, The European Super Cup.7 Scottish cups,6 League cups,  Scottish league champions 4x.   That beats any thing Scotland has accomplished with their shit performances over the years.  🤑🦷 Cormack 🤩 get the cheque book out and spend the cash. 🤡🤡🤡

29 minutes ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

I quite like her, really like the local content on original, saving the airwaves since the sad day NECR closed the doors. 

Hey it's nae the station I have a problem with but her miserable, droll tone, and the other cheel co presents the breakfast show, part time Pete,

4 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Club need to get their shit together and get a new manager appointed. Give Warnock the DoF role until the end of the season if needed. He's not changed anything on the pitch and still got a defence as panicky as a goldfish in a leaky bag. 

The season is done. 
Bottom 6 & not a chance we’re winning the Cup. 
Killie will knock us out. 

I’d definitely hurry it along, although this “independent review” of the football operation is not due to end until early April.

The only manager you’ll get just now is an out of work manager. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The season is done. 

I’d definitely hurry it along, although this “independent review” of the football operation is not due to end until early April.

The "independent review" is pie in the sky business waffle. There's no cunt reviewing anything. Just a way for Cormack to buy some time then come the end of April he'll say the review shows we are doing things correctly. 

53 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The season is done. 

I'd take 10th place right now as that team has zero fight or pride. I wouldn't fancy that lot in a relegation playoff!

14 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Bet365 Alex Neil suspended betting.🤔

Maybe being lined up for another job.

It was mentioned on Sportsound yesterday (by Leanne Crichton i think) that we were interested in Alex Neil. However the caveat was Neil believes his future lies down south.