Next Manager

3 hours ago, DelMonte said:

McInnes would be a disaster. 

If you could convince him to relinquish some control of the recruitment to avoid the lazy signings of the end of his tenure and likewise Cormack to butt out, then I don't think there's any doubt McInnes would do a far better job than any of the last three managers have mustered. I also think he would be more tempted than other posters are making out.

That doesn't mean he is the right man for the job though and I can't really recall it ever working out for a manager who has returned to a club.

Not to mention, it would be pretty lazy to turn to Del to sort us out after three recruitment processes which have turned up Glass, Goodwin and Robson. I sympathise with the FMB in that it was difficult not to appoint Barry after his caretaker spell but the reality remains that those processes have been nowhere near good enough. We are not a well-run club and that needs to change quickly.

It is time to cast the net further afield. It seems the majority of the supporters have reached this view but Cormack and co usually - and unfortunately - take a bit longer. So I suspect we will see another defeat on Wednesday and cup exit before the trigger is pulled.

2 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

I've mentioned this before, but the frequency and regularity with which we dispose of managers is getting a bit silly. There is a common factor which needs to be examined and it is the players that need to be questioned, together with the prevailing ethos that they operate under. There seems to be an arrogant complacency that suggests being an Aberdeen player creates an unjustified and dangerous sense of misplaced superiority. When things are going well it's fine, but it's all to easy for it all to fall into disarray. Weird substitutions and haphazard signings who sit on the bench or go into an on loan limbo must have an impact on team cohesion. To put it simply, it's a total mess and shows no signs of improvement.

The reason that we need to change managers is because we keep appointing the wrong ones. 

• Upvote 4
3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Answering a question with a question.

Marvellous insight as always, hanging onto the pigtails of other posters' contributions.

A dead pig which has been slaughtered at Scotch Premier Meat in Inverurie this morning has much more intellect than you.

Don't kill pigs at SPM

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Yeah but then, fickle fans pressurise the chairman to give him the job full time. And then, next autumn, here we are again……

I know, I agree totally that that would be the biggest problem with it. If I could trust Cormack to take him only till the end of the season then I'd be ok with it. Lesser of the two evils. Lennon goes to St Johnstone and we are potentially in a real relegation battle with Robson. He takes over from Robson till end of season and we are sure fire third place. 

Don't worry though, it's not going to happen...the second option anyway.

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Before I put up my post, it stated on a website that they were (still) an abattoir.

Back in the day when I was an apprentice butcher (1995), we got meat from there, as well as Mathers and Rhynd's of Elgin. 

Sorry, you 'researched' that before posting that pish?! 

thats saaaaaadddd.

L

O

L

• Dildo 1
5 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Answering a question with a question.

Marvellous insight as always, hanging onto the pigtails of other posters' contributions.

A dead pig which has been slaughtered at Scotch Premier Meat in Inverurie this morning has much more intellect than you.

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Before I put up my post, it stated on a website that they were (still) an abattoir.

Back in the day when I was an apprentice butcher (1995), we got meat from there, as well as Mathers and Rhynd's of Elgin. 

31 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Why is that saaaaadddd, you fucking moron?

10 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You are truly paranoid. 

So I researched if SPM was (still) an abattoir or not to have a dig at you? 😄

Don't flatter yourself, you grassing weasel. 

If you say so...

Lolz. 

• Haha 1

Our last 3 managers track record:

Stephen Glass - no one

Jim Goodwin - Alloa & St Mirren

Barry Robson - no one

What is the point of scouting players all over Europe if we are going to continually hire shite managers. Go out and get a good manager with a proven track record of success in a similar sized league to ours. Then we might stand a chance. It's a completely mad way to run a company.

• Upvote 10
3 hours ago, Millertime said:

The 10 games without scoring was when he lost his 3 best attackers and was given Hendry and bloody kamberi and hornby!

In fairness it wasn’t 10 games. It was 6. Just felt like 10 as it was so boring stuck at home watching shite streams 

• Upvote 1

I think McInnes was also sort of a victim of COVID frustration. 

Everyone was angry anyway, and he was somewhere to vent it, due to the state of that goal record. 

We were never panicked for fourth, though. Or European qualification. 

Bring him home. Please Dave. 

Derek, I was your biggest hater, I come to you and repent for my slander. You are the man to restore the pride to our wonderful club once again. 

Derek. Come on. One last dance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I think McInnes was also sort of a victim of COVID frustration. 

Everyone was angry anyway, and he was somewhere to vent it, due to the state of that goal record. 

We were never panicked for fourth, though. Or European qualification. 

Bring him home. Please Dave. 

Derek, I was your biggest hater, I come to you and repent for my slander. You are the man to restore the pride to our wonderful club once again. 

Derek. Come on. One last dance. 

🤮

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Our last 3 managers track record:

Stephen Glass - no one

Jim Goodwin - Alloa & St Mirren

Barry Robson - no one

What is the point of scouting players all over Europe if we are going to continually hire shite managers. Go out and get a good manager with a proven track record of success in a similar sized league to ours. Then we might stand a chance. It's a completely mad way to run a company.

But look at Goodwin now he’s got Dundee United firing on all cylinders.    I don’t think the present Dons team would get a result against Goodwins team.