Next Manager

15 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Mark McGhee... bring him home!!

It’s time. Get Alex Miller back. He’s a coach at St Mirren and his brand of football May have come back into fashion. We need his sparkling post matchers and the endless wisdom on how to stop a team scoring at absolutely all costs (one of those costs is scoring yourself).  I think I’d genuinely have Miller back than Goodwin. 

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd imagine that him getting sacked for us being absolutely shite would be a reason. 

Ignore that. Could he get a tune out of these current players, with a bit more money to spend?

That's the question that needs asked, really. 

Could he improve this side? For me, it's an undeniable and unwavering yes. 

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Ignore that. Could he get a tune out of these current players, with a bit more money to spend?

That's the question that needs asked, really. 

Could he improve this side? For me, it's an undeniable and unwavering yes. 

Could he? Yes. Would he? Probably. 

Would he be the right man in the long-term? Undoubtedly not. 

I guess it all depends on your perspective. If we want short term improvement, he'd undoubtedly do a good job. We all saw the change in McInnes over the years though. As he went from a manager who played on the front foot (without being overly gung-ho), to the arch-pragmatist who seemed to believe not losing was more valuable than winning. 

There was a reason most of us wanted him gone. Our current position, while very frustrating, doesn't mean bringing him back would be the right call. 

8 hours ago, CCB III said:

His time was up. 

But, would he get a tune out of this squad and the footballers in it? He absolutely would. 

For me, I was a huge, huge huge disliker of him near the end. 

I'd welcome him back with open arms now, and I'm being dead serious. 

The best football I've seen Aberdeen play is that 16/17 season team. 

BHH

Yeah, you’ve definitely forgot his last couple of seasons. The team played pretty similar to this team too. Kennedy at full back, striker with no cunt near him and shelling balls long all game. 

It would be a stop gap.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think you’re being serious. 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

I think McInnes was also sort of a victim of COVID frustration. 

Everyone was angry anyway, and he was somewhere to vent it, due to the state of that goal record. 

We were never panicked for fourth, though. Or European qualification. 

Bring him home. Please Dave. 

Derek, I was your biggest hater, I come to you and repent for my slander. You are the man to restore the pride to our wonderful club once again. 

Derek. Come on. One last dance. 

There's no getting away from it

You can argue and try and spin it anyway you want

Kris Boyd warned all of us, be careful what you wish for

Mcinnes, in 8 years never finished below 4th and finished 2nd more than 4th

Look at the STATE of us now

That's the facts

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I guess it all depends on your perspective. If we want short term improvement, he'd undoubtedly do a good job. We all saw the change in McInnes over the years though. As he went from a manager who played on the front foot (without being overly gung-ho), to the arch-pragmatist who seemed to believe not losing was more valuable than winning. 

There was a reason most of us wanted him gone. Our current position, while very frustrating, doesn't mean bringing him back would be the right call. 

If its the best we can do, then it does 

Lowest was 4th, finished 2nd more than 4th

Fact

6 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yeah, you’ve definitely forgot his last couple of seasons. The team played pretty similar to this team too. Kennedy at full back, striker with no cunt near him and shelling balls long all game. 

It would be a stop gap.

The last few seasons as in, when Cormack was in charge?

The second cormack appeared it went sour 

It's quite clear now that cormack wasn't letting mcinnes invest properly because long term he wanted him out 

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

That's the facts

He had the second and third largest budgets in the majority of his seasons, benefitted massively from not having Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Dundee united in the league to compete for most of the players he wanted.  There is no doubt McInnes came in and done a great job but he ran his course.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Just now, minijc said:

He had the second and third largest budgets in the majority of his seasons, benefitted massively from not having Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Dundee united in the league to compete for most of the players he wanted.  There is no doubt McInnes came in and done a great job but he ran his course.

Spin

Never finished lower than 4th and finished 2nd more than 4th

Fact

8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

The last few seasons as in, when Cormack was in charge?

The second cormack appeared it went sour 

It's quite clear now that cormack wasn't letting mcinnes invest properly because long term he wanted him out 

That's why McInnes had the largest budget in the clubs history at that point, aye?  The final season I can accept that but if you were a chairman and you had agreed with the manager to move on in the summer, why would you back him in the Jan when there's a good chance the new guy coming in wouldn't have wanted those players, it would have been madness to let him spend a lot, especially when it was clear his transfer dealings in the last couple of season were really poor.

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Spin

Never finished lower than 4th and finished 2nd more than 4th

Fact

Both things can be correct but you have to admit that he clearly signed some players that probably wouldn't have entertained us had those teams still been in the league and had the finances to complete with us.

Just now, minijc said:

That's why McInnes had the largest budget in the clubs history at that point, aye?  The final season I can accept that but if you were a chairman and you had agreed with the manager to move on in the summer, why would you back him in the Jan when there's a good chance the new guy coming in wouldn't have wanted those players, it would have been madness to let him spend a lot, especially when it was clear his transfer dealings in the last couple of season were really poor.

And he was on £17,500 per week!! Allegedly. 

21 minutes ago, Millertime said:

That's the facts

Please don't use that Hun pig in a positive way to any of my arguments. Thank you. 

34 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What's long term? He's over 50 now. 

I just want to see Aberdeen winning football matches, and I think he'd have us doing that. 

In fact, I think he'd win us the cup if he was the manager with this final 4. 

My mind is made up, Parko. 

Bring him home and I'll eat a giant plate of shit smeared humble pie. Don't care. 

29 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

It would be a stop gap.

I'm ok with a stop gap if Aberdeen Football Club start to win football matches. 

I'm being genuinely serious. I've seen enough the last 2 and a bit years to say, yep, he was right to be hounded out when he was, it had went flat, stale, his signings were lazy, poor, speculative. 

But as a manager, if he was willing to work under the scouting system we have in place now and with our current squad, I would absolutely, categorically, without a doubt, have him in that dugout tomorrow. 

The only question that needs answered is; would he improve this team right now and have them winning more matches? 

I think most sensible people would say yes. 

We can't afford to wait. 

Derek, come on home, baby. 

19 minutes ago, minijc said:

Lol

This is the spin I'm talking about

I'm not discussing it, it's been discussed to death

18 minutes ago, minijc said:

Both things can be correct but you have to admit that he clearly signed some players that probably wouldn't have entertained us had those teams still been in the league and had the finances to complete with us.

Who?

He stole Ojo from Hibs, which directly contradicts your argument

He finished no lower than 4th and finished 2nd more than 4th

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I'm ok with a stop gap if Aberdeen Football Club start to win football matches. 

I'm being genuinely serious. I've seen enough the last 2 and a bit years to say, yep, he was right to be hounded out when he was, it had went flat, stale, his signings were lazy, poor, speculative. 

But as a manager, if he was willing to work under the scouting system we have in place now and with our current squad, I would absolutely, categorically, without a doubt, have him in that dugout tomorrow. 

The only question that needs answered is; would he improve this team right now and have them winning more matches? 

I think most sensible people would say yes. 

We can't afford to wait. 

Derek, come on home, baby. 

More pertinent question is, would he surely not just tell Cormack to eff off if he even did ask?

Couldn't blame him