Next Manager

1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

It wont, we have loads of jobs for boys guys that have been hanging around for years.  When a manager goes the club should be totally cleared of any remnants of the previous regime.  Milne can gtf as well.

Cutting that cancer cell out of the club should be top priority just ahead of binning Robson

• Upvote 4

One of the most frustrating things for me is that when we play it on the deck we look a very very good attacking team, fuck knows why we insist on hoofing it long and by-passing the midfield, effectively taking our own dangerous players out of the game for the opposition. We must be a dream to play against. We nullify our own attacking threat.

Look at the goals we have scored this season, a massive amount of them crackers due to crisp passing and fast purposeful attacks, I canna remember hoofing it up the park or a fucking long throw ever leading to a goal so far this season.

The players are there, the manager continues to deploy a system that fucks us up and makes us less effective. If he doesn't change then he has to go.

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

I agree with Cormack. I hate him. However McInnes was allowed to spend money at points and totally wasted it. Our recruitment under him towards the end was a total embarrassment. 

So would most managers. Doesn’t mean we take a stop gap who was clearly struggling like fuck before he got sacked. Would be so short sighted and we’d just constantly have discussions about him being sacked. We are trying to get away from that. 

He wouldn’t get asked anyway, thankfully. Do you never wonder why a manager that done such a great job with Aberdeen is somehow Kilmarnock manager after not getting a job for over a year after he was sacked? 

Yeah but come on, every manager makes bad signings

His net transfer fees were well in the positive, millions of pounds

Towards the end, last few seasons was with cormack

Do you seriously think mcinnes wanted hernandez?

Last few seasons can't be judged fairly for that reason

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
10 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I would have him back in a heartbeat, won’t happen though. No way Cormack would contemplate it. Instead, we will stick with Robson for another few months minimum. 

• Downvote 1
52 minutes ago, red kelly said:

as much as i dislike someone like kevin muscat,his attitude is spot on.
am off for a shower now.

No comment on Muscat, wouldnt know him to spit on in the street, but generally the hun attitude is spot on regrettably.  The difference is our media lap up the must win every game, scotland needs... and the condescending one thats crept in recently, some pish about a heavy jersey.  Any club outwith the cheeks says anything remotely similar and its all mad Vlad,  deluded, realities of modern fitba etc etc.  

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

No comment on Muscat, wouldnt know him to spit on in the street, but generally the hun attitude is spot on regrettably.  The difference is our media lap up the must win every game, scotland needs... and the condescending one thats crept in recently, some pish about a heavy jersey.  Any club outwith the cheeks says anything remotely similar and its all mad Vlad,  deluded, realities of modern fitba etc etc.  

Spot on. The media regularly refer to their fans as celtic-daft or sevco-daft, instead of what they actually are - 50-something manbabies who never grew out of tribal rivalries and still think a football top stretched across their bellies is acceptable dresswear for a wedding or a night out.

They go out their way to pander to the OF, and couldn't give a fuck about any of the 'provincial' clubs (which they think every other club is)

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, NEM said:

I'm sure you knew what I meant smartarse - no more unproven rookies ala Glass and Robson.

Not trying to be a smartarse at all. I just don't think there's anyone who comes without risk. Ok, if we got the best manager in Scotland (Clarke), or Guardiola then we'd be pretty confident. But at our level there is nobody who we can say will be a guaranteed (or even very likely) success. I don't see anyone experienced in Scotland who has consistently been a success*, and as soon as you get someone from outside Scotland there's a risk they don't adapt/take too long to get used to style of play/culture/attitude/expectation/hating rangers.

*All yours consi.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Not trying to be a smartarse at all. I just don't think there's anyone who confess without risk. Ok, if we got the best manager in Scotland (Clarke), or Guardiola then we'd be pretty confident. But at our level there is nobody who we can say will be a guaranteed (or even very likely) success. I don't see anyone experienced in Scotland who has consistently been a success*, and as soon as you get someone from outside Scotland there's a risk they don't adapt/take too long to get used to style of play/culture/attitude/expectation/hating rangers.

*All yours consi.

* The current manager of Kilmarnock football club, Derek McInnes. 

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, CCB III said:

* The current manager of Kilmarnock football club, Derek McInnes. 

I get it if an ex manager leaves a successful team for a bigger adventure, fails and comes back. DM was sacked after an initial success turned sour. So, sorry Derek (CCB) thanks for that 2014 memory but never should a club bring back a sacked manager who clearly was going stale.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, C'monEweReds said:

Honestly just do not think that Cormack has it in him to run a football club. 3 failed appointments within a couple of years is just unacceptable. He has clowns like Gunn working as DoF and just cannot see the absolute shambles that is unfolding as a result. 

We don't just need a new manager, we need a whole new set up and the running of the club to be carried out by people competent to do so.

We have been in a horrible shape since Mcinnes left, makes you appreciate the work he did for the club, and even though we were all fed up of the football it was nice to have the consistency. 

Not too sure where to go from here, I would start by hiring a new DoF and scrapping the FMB. Then we can deal with the Robson situation, as there is no point cutting ties now when we have the clowns in charge that we do to go and select another dud.

Shambles.

If they don’t get their arse in gear, it’s a relegation battle.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

One of the most frustrating things for me is that when we play it on the deck we look a very very good attacking team, fuck knows why we insist on hoofing it long and by-passing the midfield, effectively taking our own dangerous players out of the game for the opposition. We must be a dream to play against. We nullify our own attacking threat.

Look at the goals we have scored this season, a massive amount of them crackers due to crisp passing and fast purposeful attacks, I canna remember hoofing it up the park or a fucking long throw ever leading to a goal so far this season.

The players are there, the manager continues to deploy a system that fucks us up and makes us less effective. If he doesn't change then he has to go.

He doesn’t know how to change. He’s an under 18 coach. And should go back to coaching them. 

This is his test that will shape his future as a manager. 

Good managers recognise when they have to change things.

Formations and tactics change over time, they don't stay the same forever. What was working 3 months ago won't necessarily work today, especially in a small goldfish pond like Scotland where people work you out pretty quickly. 

Let's see if he is willing to change. If he does and it works then great, if not his stubbornness will prove to be his downfall. 

2 hours ago, NEM said:

Cutting that cancer cell out of the club should be top priority just ahead of binning Robson

Bravo! Who was the common denominator in the Club's horrendous run from the late 90's through the McGhee era? Who made all those shocking financial decisions, let the stadium crumble (and little progress on the new one, for that matter) and appointed a slew of incompetent managers?

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

Not trying to be a smartarse at all. I just don't think there's anyone who comes without risk. Ok, if we got the best manager in Scotland (Clarke), or Guardiola then we'd be pretty confident. But at our level there is nobody who we can say will be a guaranteed (or even very likely) success. I don't see anyone experienced in Scotland who has consistently been a success*, and as soon as you get someone from outside Scotland there's a risk they don't adapt/take too long to get used to style of play/culture/attitude/expectation/hating rangers.

If the rumours of Mcinnes being on £17k a week were even half true (i.e. £8-10k a week) there is no reason why the Club couldn't have sourced a competent replacement for similar money. Taking a step back, we are a half-decent proposition for an up and coming manager with ambition, looking to ply their trade in England or abroad, a middle career boss looking to get back on track after a sacking elsewhere, or even an old head looking for one last glory day before retirement. The fact Cormack didn't even attempt any of these options and went with a vanity project, a mid-level SPL boss and a youth coach with no first team pedigree, is a shocking indictment on his tenure.

41 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This is his test that will shape his future as a manager. 

Good managers recognise when they have to change things.

Formations and tactics change over time, they don't stay the same forever. What was working 3 months ago won't necessarily work today, especially in a small goldfish pond like Scotland where people work you out pretty quickly. 

Let's see if he is willing to change. If he does and it works then great, if not his stubbornness will prove to be his downfall. 

It's make or break time, I agree, but if he fails then change has to come, to salvage this season. If we don't get 3rd this season and group stage European football again, a marvellous opportunity will have been wasted again, just like 2008.

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

His signings fell off a cliff and that’s not just cause of Cormack.

Ojo, May, Stewart (TWICE), Taylor the second time, Hayes the second time, Kennedy, Leigh, Woods, Bryson, Wilson, Main, McGeough, Maynard, Tansey, Arnason, Watkins - ALL signed after 16/17 where McInnes peaked. The vast majority of them are McInnes signings, not Cormack. 

He was poor in the market the last couple of seasons, there is no doubt about it. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I get it if an ex manager leaves a successful team for a bigger adventure, fails and comes back. DM was sacked after an initial success turned sour. So, sorry Derek (CCB) thanks for that 2014 memory but never should a club bring back a sacked manager who clearly was going stale.

I think if he had got the backing in his last year like the last 3 managers I don’t think he would of gone “stale”

McInnes should have been told to fuck off the minute he entertained even discussing taking the Hun job, there was no way back for him after that. It doesn't even matter that he turned the job down in the end (although I note he was in the media at the weekend playing up to the Hun hordes hinting there was a bigger story to tell on why he never took the job at the time rather than any perceived loyalty towards AFC), the fact he was allowed back in the home dressing room after entering discussions with them in the run up to us playing against them is something Milne should never be forgiven for.

If he had left then I'd have been grateful for what he'd done in stabilising the club and delivering a trophy but obviously not wished him well for the future. He was good for us but people forget we were also good for him, he will never have a bigger job in the remainder of his career than being manager of Aberdeen Football Club. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
6 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

McInnes should have been told to fuck off the minute he entertained even discussing taking the Hun job, there was no way back for him after that. It doesn't even matter that he turned the job down in the end (although I note he was in the media at the weekend playing up to the Hun hordes hinting there was a bigger story to tell on why he never took the job at the time rather than any perceived loyalty towards AFC), the fact he was allowed back in the home dressing room after entering discussions with them in the run up to us playing against them is something Milne should never be forgiven for.

If he had left then I'd have been grateful for what he'd done in stabilising the club and delivering a trophy but obviously not wished him well for the future. He was good for us but people forget we were also good for him, he will never have a bigger job in the remainder of his career than being manager of Aberdeen Football Club. 

Shows you up to be honest

• Dildo 1