Aberdeen 1 - 1 HJK Helsinki

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Didn’t hear all that was said by Richard Gordon.  
Heard a bit about Duk’s diving too much, which I agree with. 

It’s hard not to find Robson’s post match comments risible at times though.

Apparently we played “fast, exciting football” last night. 

I understand that managers generally talk up their team & players, but that’s just nonsense if we’re being honest. 

You can get away with talking shite if your team is getting positive results. 

Ah... that's what we were doing when we were watching them kill time passing it around in their own half without pressing them.

That was 'fast' and 'exciting' football.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Ramandu said:

Positives: 

Miovski is a brilliant footballer, maybe the best player in this country right now. A joy to watch.

Barron sped the game up and opened it up, he was the right man.

Helsinki are vastly more experienced in Europe than us, and seeded above us.

Negatives:

We were so so slow in the build up (except for Barron). 

The game was ours for the taking, and we didn't take it. Except for the 10 mins when Jenson was off and the 15 mins up to their goal, we were the better team.

Miovski is a fucking brilliant player. Lucky to have him..couldn’t agree more, min! 

2 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Couple weeks back, I mentioned Richard Gordon being somewhat (in my eyes at least) critical of AFC, Barry Robson, Duk etc. He was (again, in my honest opinion) very critical of both Duk (his theatrics as he put it) and Robson's criticism of the ref.

Now, Duk is a bit of an enigma right now, but his insistence in calling him Louis Lopes, which pisses of Willie Miller no end, his recent calling out of Robson and the jumping on the Rory Loy bandwagon last night saying the ref was perfectly fine, are adding more weight to the argument that he's a wee bit miffed about something.

Any fool could see the ref was having a mare last night. OK, we're maybe a wee bit bias, but there was some bizarre decisions for freekicks awarded to HJK, never mind the Duk elbow.

Fit's his beef, the skeletor looking Cove hun?

I have said the same of Richard Gordon for a while now.

2 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Couple weeks back, I mentioned Richard Gordon being somewhat (in my eyes at least) critical of AFC, Barry Robson, Duk etc. He was (again, in my honest opinion) very critical of both Duk (his theatrics as he put it) and Robson's criticism of the ref.

Now, Duk is a bit of an enigma right now, but his insistence in calling him Louis Lopes, which pisses of Willie Miller no end, his recent calling out of Robson and the jumping on the Rory Loy bandwagon last night saying the ref was perfectly fine, are adding more weight to the argument that he's a wee bit miffed about something.

Any fool could see the ref was having a mare last night. OK, we're maybe a wee bit bias, but there was some bizarre decisions for freekicks awarded to HJK, never mind the Duk elbow.

You are right. Ive noticed this too

Gordon is constantly sniping at Aberdeen now. Usually the individuals youve mentioned.

Its like hes gone full cove hun ...

3 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

I didnt hear Richard Gordon but presumably he was incensed by that elbow on Duk?Nothing theatrical there..

11 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

It's sad to see (hear) the demise of Richard Gordon. 

I always quite liked Richard Gordon on the radio until I went to the Hall of Fame dinner a few years back where Jess and Weir were inducted. Gordon was a total bellend as the host. Very arrogant.

Hated him since. Hopefully AFC have rattled him.

4 hours ago, ab24_5qh said:

Had the same conversation in the car after the game. The BBC pundit comments seemed largely positive then as soon as Robson was interviewed Richard Gordon starts in on him. Not sure what his problem is but imho he clearly has one.

Fairly clear to see where people would have a problem with Robson

The fact Richard Gordon does, adds gravitas to the concerns 

17 hours ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

duk's retaliation was to roll around rather than get up and deck the cunt

but you can't do nothing, the kinetic energy released has to be fulfilled

Yes as a keen follower of Junior football and the career of Chic Charley at Partick Thistle I have more regard and sympathy for players who fight back and respond and stand up for themselves than what Duk did which was pathetic....I have seen more footage now than I did live last night,there is an elbow,Duk makes sure to back in to the defender to bring about contact !

2 hours ago, ab24_5qh said:

Mistery solved on another thread by UA22:

Oh, super dandies, from the northeast, we hate the huns, the dons are fucking massive were the finest football team. The best football in Scotland are the boys from aberdeen

Ohhhhh super dandies 
From the north east we hate the huns x2
The dons are fucking magic we’re the finest football team
The best in all of Scotland are the boys from Aberdeen

• Upvote 2

To be fair to the cunt - he's getting up there, realising all's the while it's near time to get his game on. Then when it does come out, it's all a bit too forced and eyebrow-furrowee

Just give it both barrels Dick for once - you've earned it 👍 

It's Friday fucking night Dick - let's go you wee bastard haha - hoo mama

Imagine Dick does notice this, does summat shock-worthy - and mentions Dad... Dad's been in the game a long whiley; Dad fucking deserves it haha yes Hoo mama

Do it Gordo

Everyone goad the bastard until he bites haha

Here don't do that sure ✌️

• Haha 3
55 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Fairly clear to see where people would have a problem with Robson

The fact Richard Gordon does, adds gravitas to the concerns 

I perhaps give Robson a bit too much leeway on his interviews on the basis that he is clearly not comfortable talking to the media and is, to be polite, not exactly an academic. 

That's said, after the post match interview following the Ross County Cup game, Richard Gordon seemed to be determined to criticise Robson, which came across as a bit bitter to me. He is the programme host, not a pundit, so it was strange to hear him having a go at an Aberdeen manager.

5 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

I was thinking this earlier. A lot of clubs seem to pinch other clubs songs nowadays. It's a thankless task.... you'll always get criticism. I mean, try being a Frankfurt or Bayern fan and stood in the stand with flags waving for 90 mins. Our boys would be in hysterics!

For buy in and engagement, it might be a thought to have a website or FB site for folk to chip in with ideas and thoughts. I'd also promote the idea of having some dialogue with club about how to intergrate the South Stand into things as I feel there's a real desire to be vocal over there, just not the leadership. Problem is, you'll always have a mixed back of folk scattered within sections...  some young, some old, some pished, some the spit of Victor Meldrew.

Maybe we could get some of the lads to toddle around Westhill, go shopping, get some photos taken, and then canvas the locals to see what they think?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe he thinks Robson spouts nonsense in his post match interviews?

The narrative will be framed by your views of the managers ability. 

If that were the case, is it his job to labour over what Managers come out with post match? Majority of managers spout a load of pish in any case and never tell you the truth. They have to consider the players first and foremost.

The most truthful guy that I would say I've heard in recent times, was Beale, until his final game and he came out with a load of pish. But hey, where did it get him by giving a good, honest assessment of his side and how they play?

Far too much weight placed on pre/post-match interviews. Who cares. Plenty on field matters to discuss, but then, it's headline making stuff to pull up a manager for a racey comment.

Bottom line is Gordon has, for a few weeks now, been pulling up 'his team' for over the top analysis. He was hellbent on telling everyone that we'd played less games than everyone when the reality of reading between the lines, was Robson meant recently - not from the start of the season.

Used to have a lot of time for Gordon - his narratives of recent centenary videos and POTY awards etc, has been excellent. But I kinda feel he sees himself as a somewhat higher authority than what he actually is. Anyway, I'm sure he's having a ball being the PA man at Cove against the likes of Edinburgh City and Annan Athletic.

1 hour ago, graham said:

Yes as a keen follower of Junior football and the career of Chic Charley at Partick Thistle I have more regard and sympathy for players who fight back and respond and stand up for themselves than what Duk did which was pathetic....I have seen more footage now than I did live last night,there is an elbow,Duk makes sure to back in to the defender to bring about contact !

Duk backed into the defender? Hmm... not how I saw it. They both of them arrived at the ball about the same time but their player had his elbow out to shield himself.

24 minutes ago, JumboJET said:

Maybe we could get some of the lads to toddle around Westhill, go shopping, get some photos taken, and then canvas the locals to see what they think?

Trying too hard. Again. Aint working particularly great either.

4 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

If that were the case, is it his job to labour over what Managers come out with post match? Majority of managers spout a load of pish in any case and never tell you the truth. They have to consider the players first and foremost.

The most truthful guy that I would say I've heard in recent times, was Beale, until his final game and he came out with a load of pish. But hey, where did it get him by giving a good, honest assessment of his side and how they play?

Far too much weight placed on pre/post-match interviews. Who cares. Plenty on field matters to discuss, but then, it's headline making stuff to pull up a manager for a racey comment.

Bottom line is Gordon has, for a few weeks now, been pulling up 'his team' for over the top analysis. He was hellbent on telling everyone that we'd played less games than everyone when the reality of reading between the lines, was Robson meant recently - not from the start of the season.

Used to have a lot of time for Gordon - his narratives of recent centenary videos and POTY awards etc, has been excellent. But I kinda feel he sees himself as a somewhat higher authority than what he actually is. Anyway, I'm sure he's having a ball being the PA man at Cove against the likes of Edinburgh City and Annan Athletic.

Duk backed into the defender? Hmm... not how I saw it. They both of them arrived at the ball about the same time but their player had his elbow out to shield himself.

Trying too hard. Again. Aint working particularly great either.

Oooooft, Hun.😜

a wouldnt say that online even if it were true 

13 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Whether it’s right or wrong, the team needs to give the crowd something to get going. Whole game was flat so the atmosphere followed suit. 

Agree with that. Weird atmosphere last night and anything there was, was killed by such a slow start. 
been at some brilliant euro nights over the years, atmosphere wise. That wasn’t one of them. The long injuries in the 1st half didn’t help either and the start of the second half was even slower than the first..never any momentum until the last 20 or so. Even then, the place wasn’t really buzzing..

22 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Oooooft, Hun.😜

a wouldnt say that online even if it were true 

The reason Beale was sacked was cause he lacked true staunchness. He wasnae a real hun. Nor was Gerrard.

13 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Agree with that. Weird atmosphere last night and anything there was, was killed by such a slow start. 
been at some brilliant euro nights over the years, atmosphere wise. That wasn’t one of them. The long injuries in the 1st half didn’t help either and the start of the second half was even slower than the first..never any momentum until the last 20 or so. Even then, the place wasn’t really buzzing..

Strange how where you stand/sit at Pittodrie can have a major influence on how you see the game.

You sit in the RDL and you're likely to fascinate and fixate over every misplaced pass or shot that goes wide.

Stood in the Red Shed, joining in with trying to generate an atmosphere, I saw the game differently and not 'flat' as you put it.