Aberdeen 1 - 1 HJK Helsinki

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

They are fine but not when you're playing as many games as close together as we are right now and he's playing the full game, his style of play means he will tire quite a bit, he was definitely less effective second half yesterday.

He’s had 6 days between saturday and last night. That’s not going to tire him out. If it was Thursday onto Sunday maybe but not Saturday Thursday. He wasn’t less effective it’s just once Barron came on he took some of the load of him so he didn’t have to do as much compared to clarkson, who’s work rate wasn’t bad but he had to chance back as he gave the ball away 

• Haha 1

They sat in for the most part and we struggled to move the ball quickly enough to break through them.  Hopefully HJK will come out and be a bit more positive in the away game which might suit us playing the counter and we will beat them.

Think the same might apply for the home games against PAOK and Frankfurt, we will try and play on the counter against a better team and might manage to sneak something.

The away game at PAOK I think we could take a doing though if we're not careful.

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

He’s had 6 days between saturday and last night. That’s not going to tire him out. If it was Thursday onto Sunday maybe but not Saturday Thursday. He wasn’t less effective it’s just once Barron came on he took some of the load of him so he didn’t have to do as much compared to clarkson, who’s work rate wasn’t bad but he had to chance back as he gave the ball away 

of course he's going to get tired, you've seen how he plays and in the second half a few times they passed around him and he couldn't get himself back in time.

Honestly can't believe the reaction to this, fucking hell, couple of people suggest a sub for fresher legs, some agree he can't play every game like that and will need rested, it's not the end of the world ffs.

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

Show your working for “6 days” please

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, minijc said:

of course he's going to get tired, you've seen how he plays and in the second half a few times they passed around him and he couldn't get himself back in time.

Honestly can't believe the reaction to this, fucking hell, couple of people suggest a sub for fresher legs, some agree he can't play every game like that and will need rested, it's not the end of the world ffs.

Them passing it round him happened but he would always get back into position. It’s not as if there was gaping holes they took advantage of behind him 

24 minutes ago, thurso said:

I was actually disappointed in Helsinki apart from when we were down to 10 men and start of second half I thought they came to defend deep and barely attacked. Which left us no space to play through which in turn made us knock it about the defence hoping they would come out which they didn’t but saying that we also did the same when they had it which is why we pretty much cancelled each other out. 
When we did try to play it through clarckson gave the ball away and should have been off earlier. 

If that’s the standard of refereeing across Europe maybe ones in Scotland ain’t that bad they are just biased cheats. The one last night was atrocious one of the worst Iv seen at any level of football. Some of his decisions were baffling, I even thought the throw in that led to their goal was a foul throw he waved play on to. 

I'm convinced its standard procedure in Europe for the ref to take a bung. Many of his decisions, almost exclusively in favour of HJK, are only baffling if you think the game was on up and up. 

If, on the other hand, you assume he took a donation in the form of cash from the Finns it all makes perfect sense. 

15 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Can you confirm those are the words @ua22and tell us the tune it goes to. 

Its 

Oh, super dandies, from the northeast, we hate the huns, the dons are fucking massive were the finest football team. The best football in Scotland are the boys from aberdeen

7 minutes ago, ua22 said:

Its 

Oh, super dandies, from the northeast, we hate the huns, the dons are fucking massive were the finest football team. The best football in Scotland are the boys from aberdeen

Nice one - cheers for that.

I presume you're involved in the group - tell me, how do you guys come up and agree with new songs?

10 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I'm convinced its standard procedure in Europe for the ref to take a bung. Many of his decisions, almost exclusively in favour of HJK, are only baffling if you think the game was on up and up. 

If, on the other hand, you assume he took a donation in the form of cash from the Finns it all makes perfect sense. 

That is probably true but I’m pretty confident we will beat them over there

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

Nice one - cheers for that.

I presume you're involved in the group - tell me, how do you guys come up and agree with new songs?

Common for people to just come up with them after hearing the tunes from another clubs chants like ajax etc and throw them around in a gc, if theyre decent we all learn it and start it at a game and ppl catch on

9 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Couple weeks back, I mentioned Richard Gordon being somewhat (in my eyes at least) critical of AFC, Barry Robson, Duk etc. He was (again, in my honest opinion) very critical of both Duk (his theatrics as he put it) and Robson's criticism of the ref.

Now, Duk is a bit of an enigma right now, but his insistence in calling him Louis Lopes, which pisses of Willie Miller no end, his recent calling out of Robson and the jumping on the Rory Loy bandwagon last night saying the ref was perfectly fine, are adding more weight to the argument that he's a wee bit miffed about something.

Any fool could see the ref was having a mare last night. OK, we're maybe a wee bit bias, but there was some bizarre decisions for freekicks awarded to HJK, never mind the Duk elbow.

Fit's his beef, the skeletor looking Cove hun?

15 minutes ago, ua22 said:

Common for people to just come up with them after hearing the tunes from another clubs chants like ajax etc and throw them around in a gc, if theyre decent we all learn it and start it at a game and ppl catch on

I was thinking this earlier. A lot of clubs seem to pinch other clubs songs nowadays. It's a thankless task.... you'll always get criticism. I mean, try being a Frankfurt or Bayern fan and stood in the stand with flags waving for 90 mins. Our boys would be in hysterics!

For buy in and engagement, it might be a thought to have a website or FB site for folk to chip in with ideas and thoughts. I'd also promote the idea of having some dialogue with club about how to intergrate the South Stand into things as I feel there's a real desire to be vocal over there, just not the leadership. Problem is, you'll always have a mixed back of folk scattered within sections...  some young, some old, some pished, some the spit of Victor Meldrew.

Keep up the good work though - I'm stood just behind the young crew and do my best (albeit my loons get embarassed of their old man at times).

2 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

I was thinking this earlier. A lot of clubs seem to pinch other clubs songs nowadays. It's a thankless task.... you'll always get criticism. I mean, try being a Frankfurt or Bayern fan and stood in the stand with flags waving for 90 mins. Our boys would be in hysterics!

For buy in and engagement, it might be a thought to have a website or FB site for folk to chip in with ideas and thoughts. I'd also promote the idea of having some dialogue with club about how to intergrate the South Stand into things as I feel there's a real desire to be vocal over there, just not the leadership. Problem is, you'll akways have a mixed back of folk scattered within sections...  some young, some old, some pished, some the spit of Victor Meldrew.

Keep up the good work though - I'm stood just behind the young crew and do my best (albeit my loons get embarassed of their old man at times).

alot of people come into the merkland to just stand and film the pyros and flags tryna act all hard and like ultras, not contributing anything to the atmosphere, we had about 10 people yesterday saying to get the fucking flags down because they couldn't see and those people should fuck off lol, its an ultras sections they go expecting flags.

I do agree that we should get something up and going to help get the south stand engaged aswell but the main problem is I think alot of people from over their want to move into the ultras section, but their is all these wee kids taking the tickets to stand and film stuff and were operating at a reduced capacity by 41% due to the city so trying to get this upped to full capacity is our main goal atm so people who want to be engaged in the atmosphere can move over to make it better

17 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Couple weeks back, I mentioned Richard Gordon being somewhat (in my eyes at least) critical of AFC, Barry Robson, Duk etc. He was (again, in my honest opinion) very critical of both Duk (his theatrics as he put it) and Robson's criticism of the ref.

Now, Duk is a bit of an enigma right now, but his insistence in calling him Louis Lopes, which pisses of Willie Miller no end, his recent calling out of Robson and the jumping on the Rory Loy bandwagon last night saying the ref was perfectly fine, are adding more weight to the argument that he's a wee bit miffed about something.

Any fool could see the ref was having a mare last night. OK, we're maybe a wee bit bias, but there was some bizarre decisions for freekicks awarded to HJK, never mind the Duk elbow.

[Protective headgear on]

I didn't think the ref was bad. I've not seen the elbow on Duk, but otherwise what was there? A couple of freekicks against duk on the main stand side which I'd say he got wrong. At the game i thought the one where Mio went down and Duk was offside was a foul on Mio, but having seen the replay I now think he dived.

The ref pulled up quite a lot of little things against both sides, but he was consistent in that, and did it from the start. He kept his cards in his pocket.

What did I miss?

2 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

[Protective headgear on]

I didn't think the ref was bad. I've not seen the elbow on Duk, but otherwise what was there? A couple of freekicks against duk on the main stand side which I'd say he got wrong. At the game i thought the one where Mio went down and Duk was offside was a foul on Mio, but having seen the replay I now think he dived.

The ref pulled up quite a lot of little things against both sides, but he was consistent in that, and did it from the start. He kept his cards in his pocket.

What did I miss?

He intercepted the ball with his head when we attempted to pass it.

Twice.

What do you need to see? Him smashing a goal on for the other team?

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Had the same conversation in the car after the game. The BBC pundit comments seemed largely positive then as soon as Robson was interviewed Richard Gordon starts in on him. Not sure what his problem is but imho he clearly has one.

29 minutes ago, ab24_5qh said:

Had the same conversation in the car after the game. The BBC pundit comments seemed largely positive then as soon as Robson was interviewed Richard Gordon starts in on him. Not sure what his problem is but imho he clearly has one.

Maybe he thinks Robson spouts nonsense in his post match interviews?

The narrative will be framed by your views of the managers ability. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe he thinks Robson spouts nonsense in his post match interviews?

The narrative will be framed by your views of the managers ability. 

I get that but after Dingwall and again last night he seemed a wee bit OTT in his reaction.....maybe Robson hasn't rolled out the red carpet for him since taking over or maybe he just doesn't like the guy.

15 minutes ago, ab24_5qh said:

I get that but after Dingwall and again last night he seemed a wee bit OTT in his reaction.....maybe Robson hasn't rolled out the red carpet for him since taking over or maybe he just doesn't like the guy.

Didn’t hear all that was said by Richard Gordon.  
Heard a bit about Duk’s diving too much, which I agree with. 

It’s hard not to find Robson’s post match comments risible at times though.

Apparently we played “fast, exciting football” last night. 

I understand that managers generally talk up their team & players, but that’s just nonsense if we’re being honest. 

You can get away with talking shite if your team is getting positive results. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Millerdon said:

Just for my future understanding, what were the "lyrics" to the song they sang on repeat?

Thought I heard Huns, but couldn't make out much else. 

Mistery solved on another thread by UA22:

• Upvote 1