Robsonball

13 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

I'm beginning to think that we are just an average football club and that my expectations/hopes for years have just been ridiculous.

I find that reality quite sad.

A bunch of also rans who nobody gives a flying fuck about, run by an idiot who has delusions of grandeur and is more than happy to employ his mates in important positions they have no right being in

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

I'm beginning to think that we are just an average football club and that my expectations/hopes for years have just been ridiculous.

Sadly other than for that incredible spell from the late 70's to the mid 80's we've always been an average football club. We were before then and we have been since. 

19 major honours in our history and more than half of them came in that 7 year spell. 10 trophies in 7 years, 9 in the remaining 113 years of our history.

1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

Funnily (or sadly) I slept soundly last night without even a thought to the shit on show against a poor Killie. That showed me that I've finally accepted after the last 24 years, we are no more than cannon fodder for the big 2 and not even a scalp for the rest. Poor management, poor tactics, weak mentality and cowardice. We have no identity and that is the most disappointing thing for me. No Aberdeen team should be getting beat by 5 and 6 and being a dream draw for the minnows in a cup. I look forward though. At least I'll start to sleep better because the absolute passion I had, has finally been diluted.

• Like 1

Anyone else paying attention to the press? The press are giving the ominous sounds and turning on Robson now. They've not really done it up until now that I've seen so that more than you poor bastards that pay at the gate to witness the pish will likely mean Robson's arse is hanging out the window now. Hearts defeat and he could be out? Fuck me I hate losing to them but if it were to get him out I'd take the hit. 

I don't care about the league cup final. If we don't have a manager, whatever, we need to get a move on and get someone who has tactical nous, and doesn't freeze when its not going right and then come up with the tactical genius of 2 subs at 60 or 75 minutes followed by change to a back 4. (If he's feeling adventurous)

I was willing to give Robson time but my patience has now run out with him. I don't blame him entirely for the long ball crap. I think the main culprit is Clarkson who has been pathetic all season and has now reverted to weird scoop passes that never come off. I blame Robson for picking him though. I also blame Robson for playing him deep and Shinnie quite far forward. Simply swapping those 2 round would instantly make us better and is pretty obvious for most to see.

I blame Robson for continuing with these long throws.

I blame Robson for signing 2 defenders (Gartenmann and Jensen) who can't win any challenge at corners (we're going to concede loads from corners given we've those two plus Roos who is also pathetic in even the most basic tasks of a keeper).

I blame Robson that we've no height in the team, yet continues with tactics that demand aerial ability.

I blame Robson for persisting with 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 when it's clear we don't have the personnel for it. I don't mind the formation but we don't have the players.

I blame Robson for playing Ruby as the central defender. His natural instinct is to try win everything. So put him on the right where it's less of an issue. Angus is perfectly happy to sit and hold that position all day long and is much better suited for it. 

I blame Robson for not playing Barron when he's been one of our best players recently.

I blame Robson for turning to Morris when we need something to happen. An abomination of a footballer.

I blame Robson for not giving Vinnie a chance. Weird we can pay so much for a player yet freeze him out.

I blame Robson for continuing with Gartenmann. Decent bench option but we haven't least 3 better defenders.

• Upvote 3
21 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Sadly other than for that incredible spell from the late 70's to the mid 80's we've always been an average football club. We were before then and we have been since. 

19 major honours in our history and more than half of them came in that 7 year spell. 10 trophies in 7 years, 9 in the remaining 113 years of our history.

Careful the walls have ears 🤫🤫

6 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I was willing to give Robson time but my patience has now run out with him. I don't blame him entirely for the long ball crap. I think the main culprit is Clarkson who has been pathetic all season and has now reverted to weird scoop passes that never come off. I blame Robson for picking him though. I also blame Robson for playing him deep and Shinnie quite far forward. Simply swapping those 2 round would instantly make us better and is pretty obvious for most to see.

I blame Robson for signing 2 defenders (Gartenmann and Jensen) who can't win any challenge at corners (we're going to concede loads from corners given we've those two plus Roos who is also pathetic in even the most basic tasks of a keeper).

I blame Robson that we've no height in the team, yet continues with tactics that demand aerial ability.

I blame Robson for persisting with 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 when it's clear we don't have the personnel for it. I don't mind the formation but we don't have the players.

I blame Robson for playing Ruby as the central defender. His natural instinct is to try win everything. So put him on the right where it's less of an issue. Angus is perfectly happy to sit and hold that position all day long and is much better suited for it. 

I blame Robson for not playing Barron when he's been one of our best players recently.

I blame Robson for turning to Morris when we need something to happen. An abomination of a footballer.

I blame Robson for not giving Vinnie a chance. Weird we can pay so much for a player yet freeze him out.

I blame Robson for continuing with Gartenmann. Decent bench option but we haven't least 3 better defenders.

Loved "10 Things I Hate About You". 

19 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

🙌

18 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

What a bizarre thing to home in on

He did one scoop pass and the reason it didn't come off was Hayes was on a different planet, wavelength wise 

He also played an absolutely world class through ball to golden boy miovski who made an absolute arse of it 

He also put a world class ball in from a free kick that again, golden boy miovski effed up by inexplicably being offside 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He did one scoop pass and the reason it didn't come off was Hayes was on a different planet, wavelength wise 

He also played an absolutely world class through ball to golden boy miovski who made an absolute arse of it 

He also put a world class ball in from a free kick that again, golden boy miovski effed up by inexplicably being offside 

You're affa bipolar

10 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I dunno if it is as bizarre as you slagging off Miovski by sarcastically calling him "golden boy". 

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Correct. Some people seem to take glee in being proven they were right and others were wrong.

At the end of the day, we ALL surely wants what's best for our famous club - that's where the energy should be getting channelled

I wouldn't say they take glee, more staggered disbelief that, even now, there are dumb cunts who think he is a competent manager with keeping. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, RedForever said:

Agree with this! he is off it just now. Which just shows Robsons tactics up even more as if Miovski is off it we are gauranteed to lose

His records also not THAT good

5 in 14 games and he is our main focal point?

He's obviously probably literally the least of our worries, but he needs to do more too and doesn't escape any of my ire

• Dildo 2
38 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He played it in the last game too. His passing has been horrendous all season. Needs dropped for a long time

• Like 1