Robsonball

3 hours ago, englishred said:

just seen his interview , he looks very relieved, think its finally daunt that his job is on the line  

Watched the post match interview, he still sounds like he ain't got a clue. Never talks about anything tactical, positional etc. Always it's the tried hard, ran about, players were great, fans were great pish. Talks utter shite, you'd get more insight from Wayne Rooney and he's a fucking moron.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall for the half time team talk. I bet he spouts the same moronic shite he does in interviews.

Decent 60 mins today, but the first 40 were a total shambles, players didn’t look like they knew what they were doing, lots of bickering and finger pointing on the pitch. Total lack of any cohesion.

Alas it remains a when not if he gets sacked question. Let’s see what shows up for the final.

12 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Our next 5 league games are ok so he really should be doing enough to ease the pressure. 

Frankfurt and Huns are free hits pretty much

guess i need to elaborate here.

Robson is a dick, a shit football manager and is getting sacked.

My comment is he would be likely to get off with the next two games. the following five (and in fact the first two back after the winter break) are so favourable that even a shit manager should scramble together enough points to survive to February now

6 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Aye, this is it. Counting up how many fluffed shots you've had is pathetic. The important thing is the amount of fucking time between goals. Like before yesterday it was 360 league minutes with one goal. 

I don't mind us looking at shot data but the most important thing would be the areas where we are shooting from.  So far this season we're averaging 11 shots a game, with an average of 4 on target, that's piss poor for a side who have invested as heavily as we have.

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Willing to get back behind Barry now

Winning that game tonight puts a totally different perplexion on Europe 

Now it's out the way, no excuses

Charge up the league and, ideally, win the cup on Sunday!

Officially back on the Robson express

Loving your renewed enthusiasm. Great result and i'd prefer we turn our league form around than go hunting a new manager. But if that's to happen Robson has to be flexible and embrace more than one style of play. His tactics have repeatedly been found wanting in the SPL.

6 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Loving your renewed enthusiasm. Great result and i'd prefer we turn our league form around than go hunting a new manager. But if that's to happen Robson has to be flexible and embrace more than one style of play. His tactics have repeatedly been found wanting in the SPL.

Exactly

It isn't anything personal

If he wins games, I'll like him

4 hours ago, Millertime said:

Willing to get back behind Barry now

Winning that game tonight puts a totally different perplexion on Europe 

Now it's out the way, no excuses

Charge up the league and, ideally, win the cup on Sunday!

Officially back on the Robson express

Nah, I can't be arsed with his tactics and you can count our decent performances on one hand under Robson. I hope we keep winning but he needs to be gone.

• Upvote 1

His tactics clearly suit playing against technically superior sides (other than when we just bend over v Celtic) where we aren't expected to have much of the ball. Had it not been for some individual errors throughout the group games we'd have had a real chance of making the knockouts.

Hopefully he'll start trying to play a bit more expansive now that it's just domestic games where most of the time we should be the team that's technically superior. I doubt he will though.

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Nah, I can't be arsed with his tactics and you can count our decent performances on one hand under Robson. I hope we keep winning but he needs to be gone.

Agreed, as others have said suited to play on the counter against teams (bar Celtic) who will dominate the possesion

However at home vs the likes of Killie, St Johnstone etc we should be more attacking and expansive. Post LC Final real chance for him to show he can make us play that way, still unsure if he will

9 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You strike me as a man who has never liked a single Aberdeen manager and never will

I liked Robson & was for giving him the job 🤷 I actually wanted him in over Glass & Goodwin but he most certainly wasn’t the manager I wanted for the job if we had some willingness to spend some money & attract a decent manager.

I also liked McInnes for maybe about first 4 years of his tenure before he clearly started going stale & was clear he wasn’t going to push on 🤷

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

His tactics clearly suit playing against technically superior sides (other than when we just bend over v Celtic) where we aren't expected to have much of the ball. Had it not been for some individual errors throughout the group games we'd have had a real chance of making the knockouts.

Hopefully he'll start trying to play a bit more expansive now that it's just domestic games where most of the time we should be the team that's technically superior. I doubt he will though.

Apologies Andy_123, my fat fingers had previously given your post the rolling eye treatment. Entirely unintentional and corrected. Fully agree with everything you've said there. All the best.