Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Aberdeen

39 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

He actually admitted his game plan was basically to pump it long.

Please, please sack him.

And we've got the gype on RedTV commentary asking for more long balls and complaining when we make too many short passes.

Watching the European game on American TV Thursday the commentator was almost in disbelief with the lone tactic of "getting it forward quickly" 

1 hour ago, dj_bollocks said:

I disagree slightly. I'm not sure how much of a say he had on players. I'm not sure losing a head of recruitment helped and not getting some of our first choice signings. Most of these players are ok but there are obvious deficiencies in the squad. We're a shadow of our last season selves, players like Duncan just don't make much of an impact. He looked lost this afternoon. Who the fuck knows what's happened to Duk... A massive change required for midweek at least 4 changes required. What have we got to lose ? Another 3 points... 

Thanks for the response and good points all round. What I was alluding to however, is that while I'm in no doubt Robson is out of his depth, the malaise goes beyond the Manager's chair. The crux of my argument is this;

- We should have appointed an experienced Director of Football when Glass and Brown were recruited. That we still haven't done so is a shocking indictment and only makes Robson's task even more impossible.

- Seeing Williams, Dadia, Sokler and Gueye hardly kick a ball in anger, despite arriving with decent levels of anticipation, does indicate you're correct about Robson having little control over recruitment, but where does the buck then stop? If Robson seems them unworthy of a game, who is responsible for bringing them in and spunking millions?

Serious questions need to be asked and fast, or the opportunity we've been presented with after our 3rd place finish (whether people seem it Robson's good early start, or good fortune from Hearts' capitulation, we got 3rd regardless) will have been squandered, just like a similar opportunity to kick on was presented in 2007-08.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Thanks for the response and good points all round. What I was alluding to however, is that while I'm in no doubt Robson is out of his depth, the malaise goes beyond the Manager's chair. The crux of my argument is this;

- We should have appointed an experienced Director of Football when Glass and Brown were recruited. That we still haven't done so is a shocking indictment and only makes Robson's task even more impossible.

- Seeing Williams, Dadia, Sokler and Gueye hardly kick a ball in anger, despite arriving with decent levels of anticipation, does indicate you're correct about Robson having little control over recruitment, but where does the buck then stop? If Robson seems them unworthy of a game, who is responsible for bringing them in and spunking millions?

Serious questions need to be asked and fast, or the opportunity we've been presented with after our 3rd place finish (whether people seem it Robson's good early start, or good fortune from Hearts' capitulation, we got 3rd regardless) will have been squandered, just like a similar opportunity to kick on was presented in 2007-08.

Whilst no doubt the buck will stop with the manager I do worry about the possibility of 4 managers in less than three years. The big mistake Cormack made was appointing Goodwin in a panic when only a couple of months earlier St Mirren were thinking of binning him. ( Just look how they have thrived since we took him off their hands and paid them handsomely for it) I do wonder if after the loss at Motherwell we had told Glass to bring in an experienced assistant things may have worked out differently. As a result l do not think there will be a change any time soon.  

28 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I’ve been wondering what kind of pish opposition makes shite like Kennedy, Watkins even McInnes look decent.

Turns out it’s us.  

Motherwell or bust Barry.  Motherwell or bust. 

How do you figure that out. Mccinnes is a good manager 

18 minutes ago, G man said:

Change the bloody record and get the chip off your shoulder. We ARE Aberdeen whether l say or Robson does.

What comes next from you - he has ginger hair . He is from Inverurie?! Pathetic. 

I'll repeat for the benefit of the simpletons in the room - he's a fucking hun cunt.  Never "Aberdeen" in a million years

19 minutes ago, NEM said:

I'll repeat for the benefit of the simpletons in the room - he's a fucking hun cunt.  Never "Aberdeen" in a million years

I will repeat again you are totally wrong with that statement. Sad you have to try and back up your negative views with total lies. 

Blocked- cannot be arsed reading your poison any more. 

17 minutes ago, G man said:

I will repeat again you are totally wrong with that statement. Sad you have to try and back up your negative views with total lies. 

Blocked- cannot be arsed reading your poison any more. 

Robson is a hun from a line of huns.  That is fact.

Oh how will I sleep at night, the Robson supporting simpleton has blocked me.  Whoopdee doo 😄