Motherwell 2 - 4 Aberdeen

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I'll excuse the second half of the second half and chalk that up to tiredness. 3 games in 6 days. 

Over the piece an excellent performance, if we can do that against 9/11 other teams in the league we'd be comfortably 3rd. 

Some lovely football tonight and the exact kind of things I want to see from Aberdeen. Onwards and upwards. 

COYR

Totally agree

All in all good performance. What makes me even angrier though is that we didn't even attempt to play that way on Sunday. When we keep possession we must be one of the best teams in the league. 

Only negative is we need to keep it tight for 90 minutes. 

Will be interesting how we play Saturday as we have played well in midweek in Europe yet been poor a few days later. Hibs really are there for the taking 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

The Ref has never stuck his cock in a lady hole.

It was affa strange - he gave us every decision yet still feel cheated as 3 of them should have got second yellows - the boy kicking it away, the striker jumping in to Gartenmann and Butcher being Butcher. And it would have been 4 deserved reds if McGrath had stayed down instead of scoring. 

Complete virgin.

Just now, Russell said:

It was affa strange - he gave us every decision yet still feel cheated as 3 of them should have got second yellows - the boy kicking it away, the striker jumping in to Gartenmann and Butcher being Butcher. And it would have been 4 deserved reds if McGrath had stayed down instead of scoring. 

Complete virgin.

I based my comment entirely on how he looked. 

• Haha 1

So what the fuck happened there.

The senior players had a word and “recommended” some changes they’d like to see?

Robbo had an Epiphany this morning?

Or what?

It should almost merit an inquest within the club why the players haven’t been trying to play football for 90 mins in every game when they can so clearly pass the ball well.

57 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Clarkson was superb tonight, back to his best.

Difficult to criticize any of the players, obviously disappointed not to get a clean sheet, but we were just coasting after the 4th. I know Ruby is raw and often gets a hard time but he seems to be settling well and growing in confidence.

Is ‘raw’ used to describe someone who isn’t very good at their job in any other industry? One for the football cliche thread! 

1 minute ago, Helmet said:

So what the fuck happened there.

The senior players had a word and “recommended” some changes they’d like to see?

Robbo had an Epiphany this morning?

Or what?

It should almost merit an inquest within the club why the players haven’t been trying to play football for 90 mins in every game when they can so clearly pass the ball well.

When you have the likes of Barron, Clarkson & McGrath in midfield, it’s madness to negate them & hump it long over their heads.

The occasional ball over the top, aye.

But look at the difference tonight, & funnily enough, playing it on the ground & Clarkson looked good again. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

When you have the likes of Barron, Clarkson & McGrath in midfield, it’s madness to negate them & hump it long over their heads.

The occasional ball over the top, aye.

But look at the difference tonight, & funnily enough, playing it on the ground & Clarkson looked good again. 

Everyone and his dog knew this, but exactly why has the manager changed the approach at this point?

I’d love to know what triggered it.