PAOK 2 - 2 Aberdeen

6 minutes ago, Reykjavik 1967 said:

Well you weren't paying attention when McGrath rammed 3 goals past us for St Mirren in two games season before last.

He's always been class and a fantastic signing for us. Probably the best attacking midfielder we could have had as a free agent, and within our salary budget.  Looking forward to many more goals and assists from Jamie McGrath in a Dons shirt.

I’ll admit to being “meh” about him signing, based on his Dundee Utd season. 

But now should we look to be extending his contract which only has 18 months left? 

1 hour ago, JakieBastard said:

That was the best defensive European display away since Dnipro. Not a single poor performance but I thought McGrath, Devlin and Rubezic in particular were outstanding.

I just hope we can build on this and beat Helsinki in the next game. We're a better team than them and I think we're showing that the way we set up suits playing away from home better

You serious?

For the most part an excellent backs against the wall performance against a very good team on their own turf. Defending was questionable on occasion. But overall, given the pressure we were under, we coped admirably. And our goals were exceptional.

Can't help but feel we should have taken 3 points off of them at Pittodrie, had we done so this group has a whole different look and feel to it. What might have been ...

2 hours ago, Ramandu said:

Hey @mods - posts disappearing. I made a characteristically witty remark, and now it's gone.

Edit- was it the post I quoted? Seemed pretty tame for this place tbh.

Did anyone else confirm it was a witty remark (a casual observer or your better half) or was that just your own opinion?

If someone thinks they are "witty" they are normally wide of the mark....

5 hours ago, minijc said:

Aye, as soon as the draw was made I had us down for 8 points, home games being key, so I'm a bit disappointed with how those have went, superb effort tonight though.

Yes the home games have been a disappointment- result wise. Can now field a weakened team v Frankfurt as the League Cup final is far more important. I like the way the team is developing. 

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’ll admit to being “meh” about him signing, based on his Dundee Utd season. 

But now should we look to be extending his contract which only has 18 months left? 

He signed for United because he didn’t want to work under Goodwin again. Can anyone blame him?

• Haha 1

In Europe we feel very close to being 'there'. I mean home and away again a good Greek team we shared 9 goals and were only down by 1. That's decent stuff. 

We didn't look like the shambles we have in years past in Europe either (except for the last 15 minutes at home against PAOK) in any of the games thus far. 

If we can qualify for Europe this season and the bulk of these players hang around it feels like next season we could go better. 

Two last observations: both our goals were fucking great and secondly, that team are diving bastards. That's all.

• Upvote 1

There has never been racist behavior in Toumba, which would not be tolerated anyway.

This specific incident is clearly a product of imagination, as it did not come to the attention of any official of the organization.

Wow, that is quite the counter statement. Not only were we wrong about racist behaviour having occured, but we were wrong in thinking that such an act would be even possible in a stadium with over 25,000 people in it. Such is the good nature of their fans.

Ignoring the isolated incident of their fans spitting at the cameraman during their trip to pittodrie, or the hooliganism that led to a fan of rival team Aris being killed, it is genuinely heart-warming to hear we're dealing with such paragons of virtue. Okay...perhaps not. 

I also enjoyed the complete gaslighting. Gueye must just have a really vivid imagination! Then again maybe they are right. I was under the impression that any discrimination of people based on random characteristics assigned at birth was grounds for racism, I didn't realise it needed an official of an organization to witness the act.

It really goes to show just how rotten to the core they are as a club, when upon being accused of racism, they immediately deny everything outright, without any further investigation or evidence to the contrary. Absolutely no thought is given to the victim, and anything that might potentially weaken their position is taken as an opportunity to strengthen their own position. 

• Like 1

The actual football being played by us at the moment must be the terrorist equivalent of Hamas or such like organisation. We are a total gang somehow gaining results from our only shots on target every week.

It’s infinitely more enjoyable than Stephen Glass era where every shot went in against us. We now appear capable of riding out very difficult games.

If we can somehow find a consistent way to play v lesser more negative opposition then this could be a rather excellent season of results.

• Upvote 2

The Greeks are one of the worst nationalities for getting raging when any tourists fk ‘their’ wumin 🤣 they’re total xenophobes & racists. It’s genuinely hilarious that they’ve tried to rubbish any accusations of racism without any form of ‘investigation’ 🤣

Plate smashing weirdos 

John Travolta is a Twat as well he was well suited for the roles in their movies

3 hours ago, brunstanesheep said:

Dont try and take the piss you speccy little nerd. I dont think its inconceivable for this team to be 6 points better off than we are and top of the league. Teams learn from campaigns like this but I dont think this team, certainly the big hitters will be here to learn from it.

Your original post was utter shite.

Suggesting we should be top of the league after the investment we’ve made.

Fuck knows how much PAOK & Frankfurt invested in the summer, but it’ll be a multiple of us.

So, aye, you deserve ridicule.

Points better off, yes, we should, no doubt.

PS. I don’t wear specs & I’m not little. 

What flavour are your windows this morning? 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, The Lighthouse said:

Did anyone else confirm it was a witty remark (a casual observer or your better half) or was that just your own opinion?

If someone thinks they are "witty" they are normally wide of the mark....

Westhill said something rude about Greece, and I said:

"Careful now. I think that's where @Zeusis from."

Needless to say, I had the last laugh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Your original post was utter shite.

Suggesting we should be top of the league after the investment we’ve made.

Fuck knows how much PAOK & Frankfurt invested in the summer, but it’ll be a multiple of us.

So, aye, you deserve ridicule.

Points better off, yes, we should, no doubt.

PS. I don’t wear specs & I’m not little. 

What flavour are your windows this morning? 

Thats not what i suggested at all😂 I was pished and didnt get my point across very well😂

What i meant to say for a squad only being assembled in the summer, and given how games should have gone we should be top.

The condensation on the windows are Stella flavoured this morning.

12 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I know, I meant that racism would almost be justified with these cheats!

As you quite rightly say, it would almost be justified to describe some of PAOK's players and their underhand, devious acts. 

It just further emphasises how very close we were to fairly beating them at Pittodrie and in Thessaloniki that they adopt and report to such odious tactics.

• Upvote 1