PAOK 2 - 2 Aberdeen

Again, brilliant against top level sides. 

McGrath is a brilliant footballer and I shouldn't have doubted him. 

Most frustrating thing is I feel we should be sitting here on 7 points. The learning curve only works if we can apply what we've learned next season. 

This team should be able to do something after Christmas. 

Onwards and upwards. 

• Upvote 2

Well that is a fine point for us, which we were well worth: just as we were worth wins over Helsinki and PAOK at home, and indeed a point in Germany.

We are a fledgling team with a rookie manager and, despite struggles at times, we are showing promise.

Priorities now are to enjoy the remaining Euro games, win the league cup and qualify for europe next year.

If we can keep the bulk of the team together think how much better they will be in a years time.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, 1903Fitba said:

Absolutely sickening when you look at both of them. 

I’ll never get over the PAOK home game - still fuming now. 

Yip, I felt PAOK were average against Hearts and for whatever reason, regardless of the manager I'll fancy us at home against most sides.  So for us to be in the position we were in and get fuck all really hurt, Helsinki we sort of just froze in that game until it was too late.

3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Yep, really let ourselves down at home in Europe. Should be sitting on 7 points if we'd managed the games better.

Aye, as soon as the draw was made I had us down for 8 points, home games being key, so I'm a bit disappointed with how those have went, superb effort tonight though.

Decent result and two cracking goals. Good effort made by the defence, even if it felt like all they were doing was blocking shots/passes rather than tackling and getting the ball out of there. PAOK were cunts, so the fact we got something from them is something to be celebrated.

(Thought I misheard when the commentator said Koulierakis was a teenager. Prick looks about 35.)

8 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Yep, really let ourselves down at home in Europe. Should be sitting on 7 points if we'd managed the games better.

We are the worst team in our group and we will likely finish bottom. Doesn't matter a fuck where we think we should be, we will finish where we deserve to finish. Can't see anything other than 0 points coming up next 2 games.

We played scared at home to a nothing HJK team, we defended well most of the game away to Frankfurt but deserved to lose, we were garbage at home to PAOK and probably deserved to lose and tonight we somehow got a draw when we were nowhere in the game. These are the facts. 

There's some amount of tartan army style bullshit on here tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dildo 13