Georgia and Norway qualifiers.

8 minutes ago, JakieBastard said:

Clarke wants his strikers to hold the ball up and work their socks off and that seems to be the main attribute he looks for. I'm convinced that's why Shankland isn't getting a look in while several others who don't have the same eye for goal are getting more minutes.

That system is fine provided your midfield keep contributing so many goals, but gives me the fear at the Euros where you might only get one or two chances a game

With the players that are currently available & eligible, you’d think the strongest X1 would be:

Gunn. 
      Porteous Hendry Tierney. 
Hickey Gilmour McGregor Robertson. 
             McTominay McGinn. 
                       Adams

One or two arguable but along those lines. 

You've always got to remember Czechoslovakia 1976, Denmark 1992, Greece 2004, Portugal's ropey group stage in 2016. Not saying that Scotland will lift the cup next summer, but... Austria could... Turkey could. The tournament won't play out in a predictable manner, Euros rarely have. I just hope that we play our best, play well and it's an exciting tournament with no dumb shit, violent shit.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

Qualifying should be the minimum we achieve on a regular basis.

I’ll get carried away when we produce something in germany.

Qualifying ISNT the minimum we achieve on a regular basis though, cause we have been (as you said) shite.

So if you think this is shite then, by fuck.

I thought this was a good chance for Scotland to go out and prove that they were better than Norway (albeit weakened), prove that they were worthy of the place above them but I don't think they did. They did try but Norway looked better than Scotland even with nothing to play for and we just took their place, that's all. I can't see anything other than us making up the numbers at the tournament but that's better than not going. 

It'll be good though, it always makes it much more worth watching when Scotland's there. 

Edit to add - Brown is nowhere near the level required for international football.

Scotland are more than capable of being one of the 24 teams at the Euros from now on. We won't have to play qualifiers for Euro 2028, so in the next five years we need to become World Cup niggas storming Turtle Island and beating all the foreign muck that comes our way from the mountains of Mexico to the high plains of Texas via fag-infested San Fran, wrestling coked-up Caymans in Florida and assorted east coast freaks, fatties and fanatics! Hit it, Jim!

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Why are you sorry to say it?

https://apple.news/AZQP8rCWTSRutf9hUk29hsg

there’s your young starlet that has scored 2 goals already for Spain!, he’s fucked now , International football is a mans game, Doak regardless how good he is hasn’t even started playing club football yet, he is just too sleight. I agree he should be going to the finals in Germany though.

9 minutes ago, thurso said:

Ok but we have better midfielders than him

You would play others in midfield before McGinn, irrespective of where in midfield McGinn plays?

C’mon min. That’s bonkers. He’s the heartbeat of that team and a quality, quality footballer. Does he make mistakes, yes! But, his play and approach is usually always positive and forward looking/thinking.

and he’s scored 18 goals…

11 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

https://apple.news/AZQP8rCWTSRutf9hUk29hsg

there’s your young starlet that has scored 2 goals already for Spain!, he’s fucked now , International football is a mans game, Doak regardless how good he is hasn’t even started playing club football yet, he is just too sleight. I agree he should be going to the finals in Germany though.

Agreed, min! Worth a place before, brown and shankland. Also, as an aside the celtic left back is and was shite in both the games this week. He would be another waste of a euro squad pick.Should have played the boy that went to serie a from Hibs..

Edit: I would be putting Scott Mctominay up front as a contingency before even considering pish like Shankland and Brown! 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

So pot 3 and not pot 2, which some think is a good thing. Nae sure myself, but haven’t looked! 

Avoiding France and England would be helpful, but other than them, I’m not sure there are any other really high quality teams out there. 

Portugal. 10 wins out of 10.

Pot 1 team to get would be Germany…if it wasn’t in Germany 

So Belgium then.

Belgium. 
Albania. 
Scotland. 
Qualifier - Georgia?

Worst:   
France. 
Denmark. 
Scotland
Czech Rep

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Portugal. 10 wins out of 10.

Pot 1 team to get would be Germany…if it wasn’t in Germany 

So Belgium then.

Belgium. 
Albania. 
Scotland. 
Qualifier - Georgia?

Worst:   
France. 
Denmark. 
Scotland
Czech Rep

Cheers, min! The ‘worst’ wouldn’t be braw! Almost guaranteed then! 

2 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Brown was shit. When he did control the ball, he seemed to think he had another 3 seconds to make his second touch. Lost the ball or brushed off it very easily for the whole game.

Jack was pitiful when he came on as well.

Jack would be another waste of a squad member. Slows the game down, moves the ball sideways and backwards and is a complete cunt of a human being! 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

You've always got to remember Czechoslovakia 1976, Denmark 1992, Greece 2004, Portugal's ropey group stage in 2016. Not saying that Scotland will lift the cup next summer, but... Austria could... Turkey could. The tournament won't play out in a predictable manner, Euros rarely have. I just hope that we play our best, play well and it's an exciting tournament with no dumb shit, violent shit.

I've asked before but how do you do decide what to bold? Your next post after this is all bold. Madman!

7 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

His loon played for Ayr United last season.

On another note.

Clark & Taylor, both dog shit.

Taylor struggled against Bobb, like. Appears to struggle in Europe for them as well, looks world class domestically, right enough! 

Clark was poor for the third goal but he wasn't given much protection throughout the 90. Felt the first two he couldn't do anything about in any case, the first is a deflection into the top corner and the second is at it from about a yard out. 

Will need to hope Gunn stays fit for the summer, right enough. Or that Gordon is on the mend.