Celtic V Aberdeen

4 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

We are the worst performing team in this league in my opinion. There's been many a team in my over 40 watching that had that 'serious relegation threat' about them but this is the only one that I actually fully believe will go down if the manager isn't removed. This team seem petrified.

Motherwell who have not won in 9 and lost 7 in a row (including 4 goals at home to us) might dispute this... for a start

You must be on your period ...

2 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

You just voted for 'Robson must stay'

You're fucking hilarious 

Haha thought i was blocked? 

I clicked on that when you started having your meltdown.. knew it would sniff you out. Blocked aye?

Also guess what fucknut there is a gap between something being great and the worst possible. IE your relegation breakdown ... oh dear. As i say probably why everyone leaves you ...

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

That old line again. Us getting 3rd was as much about Hearts as anything else. 

That's like me saying to my mates "I shagged this banging bird. Blonde hair, big tits etc" then they say to me "well to be fair mate you did drug her first". 

Have to look at all of the circumstances surrounding it. 

I hate this revisionism. He did a very good job taking us out of a tail spin last season. It’s like the folk that can’t admit Mcinnes did well for us so tie themselves in knots saying that because hearts and hibs were not in the spfl it somehow doesn’t count when you finish 2nd or 3rd. 

This season has generally been a shambles and the “product” is as bad as it has been over the past 20 years. League cup games have saved us. We don’t need to denigrate last season’s achievements to justify punting him now. 

1 hour ago, perthshirered said:

What signs are you seeing that indicates he is worth persisting with? 

This is the biggest issue for me. If we could at least see some semblance of consistency, or plan of how he wants us to play, then many would afford him considerably more slack. There isn't, however. 

1 hour ago, VinegarStrokes said:

We absolutely, categorically can keep sacking managers if they prove themselves to be incompetent and unwilling to learn lessons. I accept mistakes will be made with an inexperienced appointment, I can't accept the same mistake being repeated over and over with no consequence.

The best way to avoid sacking incompetent managers is to appoint proven and qualified managers.

We have made millions from selling McKenna, Ferguson, Ramadani, et al and coupled with the bumper package McInnes had in his later tenure, there has been more than enough money in the pot to secure a competent manager after him. Cormack has now blown it THREE TIMES in employing Glass, Goodwin and Robson, cheap and simple options. He has also failed to appoint a DoF and we have Gunn instead, promoted well beyond his natural abilities. 

1 hour ago, shooftahmooftah said:

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

That old line again. Us getting 3rd was as much about Hearts as anything else. 

That's like me saying to my mates "I shagged this banging bird. Blonde hair, big tits etc" then they say to me "well to be fair mate you did drug her first". 

Have to look at all of the circumstances surrounding it. 

A crude way of putting it, but accurate nonetheless. While we collectively took it as a 'by hook or by crook' achievement, getting into Europe was fortunate. What is unforgivable however, is entrusting the task of consolidating 3rd place (and securing group stage European football a second year running) to a rookie youth coach, with no experienced Assistant and/or DoF. Cormack and his Football Monitoring Board must take the blame for this.

20 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

This is the biggest issue for me. If we could at least see some semblance of consistency, or plan of how he wants us to play, then many would afford him considerably more slack. There isn't, however. 

We have made millions from selling McKenna, Ferguson, Ramadani, et al and coupled with the bumper package McInnes had in his later tenure, there has been more than enough money in the pot to secure a competent manager after him. Cormack has now blown it THREE TIMES in employing Glass, Goodwin and Robson, cheap and simple options. He has also failed to appoint a DoF and we have Gunn instead, promoted well beyond his natural abilities. 

A crude way of putting it, but accurate nonetheless. While we collectively took it as a 'by hook or by crook' achievement, getting into Europe was fortunate. What is unforgivable however, is entrusting the task of consolidating 3rd place (and securing group stage European football a second year running) to a rookie youth coach, with no experienced Assistant and/or DoF. Cormack and his Football Monitoring Board must take the blame for this.

This is Cormack all over though. He wants to be the one that tries something different and pulls it off first. He wanted to be the first to give a rookie manager a go and for it to be a true success. He failed with Glass. And he's done it again with Robson. I get the impression he doesn't want an experienced manager because he'll tget told to fucking back off. He knew he could pull Glass strings as he'd have done anything to just get the job. Same with Robson.

Dreadful performance. Roos absolutely shite. Devlin looked knackered. Ruby just careering about aimlessly all afternoon. Team launching balls with no clue. Then that left side of Mackenzie and hayes. Can’t imagine we’ve had two players perform so abysmally on the left side at the same time before and I’ve seen Aberdeen with Colin Woodthorpe at left back. Fucking useless the pair of them.

6 minutes ago, RUL said:

Dreadful performance. Roos absolutely shite. Devlin looked knackered. Ruby just careering about aimlessly all afternoon. Team launching balls with no clue. Then that left side of Mackenzie and hayes. Can’t imagine we’ve had two players perform so abysmally on the left side at the same time before and I’ve seen Aberdeen with Colin Woodthorpe at left back. Fucking useless the pair of them.

Isn't Dadia a full back? if so why is he not playing or on bench

3 minutes ago, englishred said:

Isn't Dadia a full back? if so why is he not playing or on bench

I believe he’s a fullback in a 442 conventional shape. Doesn’t play for Israel as no good in a back 5. Luckily signed for a team playing 532 or 541.

I can only assume he’s shite to answer your question.

1 minute ago, RUL said:

I believe he’s a fullback in a 442 conventional shape. Doesn’t play for Israel as no good in a back 5. Luckily signed for a team playing 532 or 541.

I can only assume he’s shite to answer your question.

Surely the only way to find out is by playing him.  he played regularly for his previous club,  its mad he doesn't even get a go when as you say Devlin is knackered

Do you think it’s a psychological problem when we go to Celtic? Managers and players. It’s a genuine question. It started to get really, consistently bad under Ebbe S (I think) and season after season since then, we always appear to get at least one fisting there each season. Other teams, teams that are worse than us, or worse than us at the time, don’t consistently experience the same as we do. Players and managers come and go, but it’s as if we think we’re going to get beat heavily and invariably do. 
doesn’t happen to the same extent or consistently at the hun ground..I’m aware there are freak results like hearts and Hibs away last season, but this is very consistently different..

it’s fucking odd and depressing as fuck

1 minute ago, donswin1983 said:

Do you think it’s a psychological problem when we go to Celtic? Managers and players. It’s a genuine question. It started to get really, consistently bad under Ebbe S (I think) and season after season since then, we always appear to get at least one fisting there each season. Other teams, teams that are worse than us, or worse than us at the time, don’t consistently experience the same as we do. Players and managers come and go, but it’s as if we think we’re going to get beat heavily and invariably do. 
doesn’t happen to the same extent or consistently at the hun ground..I’m aware there are freak results like hearts and Hibs away last season, but this is very consistently different..

Surely you set out to try to win every game, yes against better opponents you know that its going to be tough but mentally you should fight for every ball and defend as a unit

3 minutes ago, englishred said:

Surely you set out to try to win every game, yes against better opponents you know that its going to be tough but mentally you should fight for every ball and defend as a unit

Agreed! You should and if you look at Thursday at PAOK, the hun away and EF away, we did just that. Consistently at Celtic we don’t though! switched off at 2-0 buy the desire to stop the cross for the 1st was pathetic…ie what’s the point, we’re going to get beat in any case!

the other games I mention above was bodies on the line stuff. Today, and in other occasions at CP I rarely see that same desire..

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I’ll be honest I think in this period they’ve had very good football teams and we haven’t for most part. Some of those games where we’ve had actually good teams we’ve been unlucky but this team isn’t good we’re watching.

1 minute ago, RUL said:

I’ll be honest I think in this period they’ve had very good football teams and we haven’t for most part. Some of those games where we’ve had actually good teams we’ve been unlucky but this team isn’t good we’re watching.

I hear you, but we frequently get a pumping there, irrespective of how good we are or how bad they are. Other teams don’t consistently suffer the same humiliation..

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, CCB III said:

6 wins in 20 matches all comps this season. 

1 of them against Stirling Albion in the cup. 

Fed up of the hard luck pish. Just get someone in who isn't learning on the job. 

Quite simply. 

While the losses in Europe may be 'plucky', every game we've lost at home has been fully deserved shite. And the draws have been 0 - 0 borefests or that St Mirren shitshow that we somehow got something from.

Good players there, get someone who knows how to use them and preferably before Davie starts the panic buys in January.