Celtic V Aberdeen

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Lol you’re stamping your feet and lashing out yet I’m the one supposedly having a shit life 🤦🏻‍♂️

So what would have been your starting line-up and tactics?

Possibly not massively different from what Robson did but when we were 2 down after 15 mins I would not have taken till the 80th minute to make any change whatsoever. Either tactical or personnel.

I'd probably have gone to a back 4 and put Sokler or Duk on for Hayes and told the players to play 20 yards higher up the park. We were getting destroyed by their wide players playing so deep so there was nothing to lose trying to change it.

Playing higher up the park risks them springing the offside trap but that wouldn't have been any worse than having them pass it around us in our box

The point isn't specifics, more the complete fucking lack of action to change it in any way and put up a fight.

14 minutes ago, G man said:

Football for clubs like Aberdeen is about building a long term future. It is not about a game by game basis. I keep saying it- we cannot keep sacking managers. Whether people like it or not Celtic are on a completely different level to the other 11 teams in the league.

You absolutely can keep sacking managers if you constantly hire the wrong ones. As we've done for the previous 3 years. 

Celtic are on a different level to us but that in no way, shape or form excuses us getting fucking pumped 6-0. 

I can accept losing football matches. If we'd gone there, set up well and created a few chances and lost 2 or 3-0 you know what? That happens. Better teams find ways to win. 

That, though, was as far from acceptable as some on here are from reality. 

We've won 1 home game all season. 1. We've won 0 out of 6 European games. I'm not interested in the "performances were ok". We haven't won any. Fact. 

We've got 11 games coming between now and Dec 31st. There's going to be little training in these next 2 weeks because players will get time off and there's a number away on internationals. Then it's straight into a very hectic schedule. There will be little training and mostly focused on recovery. So I can't see where there is going to be any improvement over the next few weeks. 

If you can, then kudos cos you're a better man than me. Which isn't hard to be fair because I'm a complete cunt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The bottom line here is, we have a long spell of being absolutely destroyed at parkhead, and they haven't lost there domestically in what 45 games, so no one is going to be apoplectic at losing the game in isolation. Therefore the manner in which you go about it is much more important.

Rolling over and taking 6 up the ass with no attempt to change style or personnel in any way is the issue.  Try something else. FUCKING ANYTHING ELSE.

How many times in a row have we been a feckin' embarrassment at Celtic Park?

Whatever is been attempted at Cormack Park/Pittodrie it ain't working.

At this rate we'll get humiliated in the LC Final.

What then Mr Cormack?

It is little wonder that folk would rather watch live matches on Sky than the drivel we often "produce ".

Even an average boxer tries to knock out the better fighter. 

How often do we fail to land a punch so to speak?

Our tactics are wrong more often than not.

Losing 2 goals + in the majority of matches tells it's own story. 

26 minutes ago, G man said:

Football for clubs like Aberdeen is about building a long term future. It is not about a game by game basis. I keep saying it- we cannot keep sacking managers. Whether people like it or not Celtic are on a completely different level to the other 11 teams in the league.

There is absolutely nothing about Robson that suggests we are building long term, we are inconsistent, rarely ever play anything resembling football, analytically we are are a fucking shambles which is the biggest concern for me as that suggests long term we'll stay like this.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, G man said:

Got us European football and a cup final in a matter of months.

That old line again. Us getting 3rd was as much about Hearts as anything else. 

That's like me saying to my mates "I shagged this banging bird. Blonde hair, big tits etc" then they say to me "well to be fair mate you did drug her first". 

Have to look at all of the circumstances surrounding it. 

47 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

What signs are you seeing that indicates he is worth persisting with? 

I think we have a good squad that needs time to develop.At times in games we have been very impressive. Some of the European games, Ross County , Motherwell , how we adapted to going down to 10 in the semi. 

15 minutes ago, G man said:

Got us European football and a cup final in a matter of months.

Not to be deliberately contrary, “he” achieved this over a short period; you could almost call this a purple patch; a new manager bounce.

I think what everyone can agree on is that he was a good manager for two months. Would you yourself agree with this?

“He” did this by demanding “throw the kitchen sink at it” win at all costs football. The kind of football you play in the last 15mins when you’re chasing a game, but over 90mins. It was a great rollercoaster ride while it lasted but it came to a juddering halt and it was never going to last; plenty of people said this at the time. The spectacle was dire but we couldn’t argue with the results.

So while “he” got us into Europe, which was great, it is all he has to dine out on, this fantastic two month spell.

Now you yourself say it is about building, and in isolation you are correct. So any football person will tell you a long term project should not be built around long ball football. It is almost as tiring to watch as it is to play. Hence my comment earlier about this fabled “Aberdeen Way”. If this is the Aberdeen Way they can keep it. Because it isn’t yielding results, only weekly hard luck stories.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

So you can’t prove any of the nonsense you’ve accused me of? Standard 

An inspiration, he won a trophy and put some pride back into the club

I don’t have to prove you talk shite & always same shite against anyone with any negative’realistic’ views as it’s there for all to see. 

You’re a stuck record personified 

Usually you wait for us to equalise or better but your desperation to be noticed has had you on trying it after a 6-0 total humping in the most embarrassing way we’ve ever been. Including the 9-0. 

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

We absolutely, categorically can keep sacking managers if they prove themselves to be incompetent and unwilling to learn lessons. I accept mistakes will be made with an inexperienced appointment, I can't accept the same mistake being repeated over and over with no consequence.

The best way to avoid sacking incompetent managers is to appoint proven and qualified managers.

Is the correct answer. 

7 minutes ago, G man said:

I think we have a good squad that needs time to develop.At times in games we have been very impressive. Some of the European games, Ross County , Motherwell , how we adapted to going down to 10 in the semi. 

There’s an element of truth in that.

They do need time to develop.

BUT…. Not with a thick, average under 18’s, long ball merchant in charge of them. 

12 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Not to be deliberately contrary, “he” achieved this over a short period; you could almost call this a purple patch; a new manager bounce.

I think what everyone can agree on is that he was a good manager for two months. Would you yourself agree with this?

“He” did this by demanding “throw the kitchen sink at it” win at all costs football. The kind of football you play in the last 15mins when you’re chasing a game, but over 90mins. It was a great rollercoaster ride while it lasted but it came to a juddering halt and it was never going to last; plenty of people said this at the time. The spectacle was dire but we couldn’t argue with the results.

So while “he” got us into Europe, which was great, it is all he has to dine out on, this fantastic two month spell.

Now you yourself say it is about building, and in isolation you are correct. So any football person will tell you a long term project should not be built around long ball football. It is almost as tiring to watch as it is to play. Hence my comment earlier about this fabled “Aberdeen Way”. If this is the Aberdeen Way they can keep it. Because it isn’t yielding results, only weekly hard luck stories.

The Motherwell fans are also finding this out, re - Stuart Kettlewell. Appointed at the same time as Barry, roughly the same set of results and it’s now going tits up and ending up only going one way. 

It’s why Scottish fitba is so SHITE. Narrow minded chairmen who get a massive boner after being seduced by a decent setup of short term results, whilst ignoring the managers previous sackings or complete lack of experience.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

😂😂 

I pity you, really. I read your posts a few days ago on how we "literally beat the huns" and "literally played well 2 games ago" and "we one a big game playing badly" and "we played well against the Greeks" and other fucking belters. You must have thought that we 'could kick on from here'. 

You can't even see that we can be bottom of the league after the next round of games and that we could possibly be the worst performing team in this league 😂

Maybe we are really going to kick on from here though and beat the huns again and then Hibs away? Few wins and we are right back in it?

What a fucking clown. 

Fucking hell. You truly are a miserable useless cunt.

(A) Never said "kick on from here"

(B) Pointed out to you that your worst team in the league drama pish was bollocks (trying to stop you self harming)

(C) You were having some sort of breakdown about us being bottom (you still are) based on "well we might be". Wow. Yes and we might not be.

Are you depressed? Time of the month?

Or are you just a remedial fuckwit? Id bet on all 3. Stupid cunt 😄

Our record against these fuckers under Robson is nothing short of laughably fucking pathetic. 

4 games played, 18 goals conceded. 

It doesn't take much of a Google check to see that aside from the McGhee 9-0, we had a period at the turn on the century where we lost 6, 7 and then 6 goals, and a couple of games in the 60's that ended up 6 or 7-0. 

Aside from that, Robson is merrily presiding over the worst results in our history against these cunts. No Aberdeen manager in 120 years has had a worse run of results against Celtic.....and they're not even that fucking good. 

Get him gone, this is unfuckingacceptable. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Fucking hell. You truly are a miserable useless cunt.

(A) Never said "kick on from here"

(B) Pointed out to you that your worst team in the league drama pish was bollocks (trying to stop you self harming)

(C) You were having some sort of breakdown about us being bottom (you still are) based on "well we might be". Wow. Yes and we might not be.

Are you depressed? Time of the month?

Or are you just a remedial fuckwit? Id bet on all 3. Stupid cunt 😄

Oh dear, you are clearly not all there so I won't bother you too much but this post has made me laugh a bit. The (A) bit is funniest. Did they not teach you the difference between quotation marks and apostrophe's? Now I know it's probably not really grammatically correct to use them for emphasis but I suppose I assumed that you weren't too thick to understand. Never mind. 

Now you are clearly all upset because the realisation that your faith or love or whatever it was with Robsonball was incredibly misguided is starting to kick in but you can still save face by posting a few times about how much of an idiot he is and that he has to go etc and nobody will be any the wiser 😂

3 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Oh dear, you are clearly not all there so I won't bother you too much but this post has made me laugh a bit. The (A) bit is funniest. Did they not teach you the difference between quotation marks and apostrophe's? Now I know it's probably not really grammatically correct to use them for emphasis but I suppose I assumed that you weren't too thick to understand. Never mind. 

Now you are clearly all upset because the realisation that your faith or love or whatever it was with Robsonball was incredibly misguided is starting to kick in but you can still save face by posting a few times about how much of an idiot he is and that he has to go etc and nobody will be any the wiser 😂

Robsonball? Faith? Based on fuck all. Ive never said i think Robson is good.

Do you know how you spend your time on here posting miserable wrist slashing pish about relegation , whilst deciding anyone who calls you out (correctly) as a dramatic little bitch loves Robson?

Those 2 points dont necessarily correlate.

Do you understand that?

You also understand that "we might be bottom" doesnt mean it will happen? 

I mean you might one day stop being a miserable cunt / make a friend who doesnt fuck off after they get to know you / make a point that doesnt rely on being a manic depressive to make it .

But i doubt it. Its why you were bullied at school. Its why your family hate you.  You must have always wondered why that was the case 😄

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Robsonball? Faith? Based on fuck all. Ive never said i think Robson is good.

Do you know how you spend your time on here posting miserable wrist slashing pish about relegation , whilst deciding anyone who calls you out (correctly) as a dramatic little bitch loves Robson?

Those 2 points dont necessarily correlate.

Do you understand that?

You also understand that "we might be bottom" doesnt mean it will happen? 

I mean you might one day stop being a miserable cunt / make a friend who doesnt fuck off after they get to know you / make a point that doesnt rely on being a manic depressive to make it .

But i doubt it. Its why you were bullied at school. Its why your family hate you.  You must have always wondered why that was the case 😄

Yup, frothing at the mouth 😂

afc_blocked

• Dildo 1