Scottish Cup - 2023/24

4 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Didn’t play for ‘them’ so he never got a shout.

Was too slow for international football, was also a big old unit who wasn't overly enamoured with training.

Did start out with Celtic but they sold him off cheaply to Morton aged 21 and that's where he spent most of his career. Moved to Motherwell for a (very) short spell and then had even shorter spells at 3 lower league clubs lasting only a few weeks at each before retiring aged only 29. If he couldn't get a move to a club bigger than Morton (at that time Motherwell were really no bigger than them) it's difficult to see how he could break into a Scotland team that were qualifying for World Cups consistently

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Was too slow for international football, was also a big old unit who wasn't overly enamoured with training.

Did start out with Celtic but they sold him off cheaply to Morton aged 21 and that's where he spent most of his career. Moved to Motherwell for a (very) short spell and then had even shorter spells at 3 lower league clubs lasting only a few weeks at each before retiring aged only 29. If he couldn't get a move to a club bigger than Morton (at that time Motherwell were really no bigger than them) it's difficult to see how he could break into a Scotland team that were qualifying for World Cups consistently

I have a book where he says he was lined up for a move to Liverpool but was out on the lash night before and Missed his train down and they called off the deal 

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

I have a book where he says he was lined up for a move to Liverpool but was out on the lash night before and Missed his train down and they called off the deal 

So he went the route of loads of good players back then, minimal training, out drinking, diet shite, no man management. The money back then wasn’t fantastic either, probably much same as the average Joe plus wee bit more. More of an ‘ ordinary ‘ life compared to now with the £thousands  per week.

3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Too much talk about the next round for my liking. This is the dons we are talking about. Every chance the gay loon for bonnyrig smashes home a hat trick to knock us out today

Have they got a pet poof?

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Feel like if we're going to win it we could do with putting out rangers or Celtic at Pittodrie. Rather get them at home that at Hampden. 

Sad fact is that even when we knock one if them out in an earlier round we still tend to fail.

We knocked out Celtic early on in 2008 and 2014 only to lose semi finals against QOTS and St Johnstone.

And I would say our 2008 and 2014 teams were better than we are now.  I have zero belief in this squad being able to take home a Scottish Cup.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

Sad fact is that even when we knock one if them out in an earlier round we still tend to fail.

We knocked out Celtic early on in 2008 and 2014 only to lose semi finals against QOTS and St Johnstone.

And I would say our 2008 and 2014 teams were better than we are now.  I have zero belief in this squad being able to take home a Scottish Cup.

Same. But what happened in 2008 and 2014 is not really relevant to today.

3 hours ago, Dynamo said:

Feel like if we're going to win it we could do with putting out rangers or Celtic at Pittodrie. Rather get them at home that at Hampden. 

That's probably the way to win the cup but we are dogshit and thats also the way for our season to be down the pan by the first week of March so no thanks.

Fingers crossed for a favourable draw and odds on for a trip to Hampden in mid April

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

What a brilliant second goal for Nouble yesterday against Thistle 

We could do worse…..

Has scored goals in an abhorrent Livi team

ETA: maybe not this season right enough 

Jesus Christ 😂