Scottish Cup - 2023/24

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I actually fancy Hibs to take out sevco.

Celtic look dead certs

Us v Killie......well we will need to up our game considerably to go through.

Hearts just went 2 up...edit make that 3 up.... at Airdrie.....Morton fancy their chances at home to anyone but you'd still have to favour Hearts. 

Nah. 
Huns will take care of Hibs.

Huns. 
Tims. 
Hearts
Our game is 50/50. McInnes (& the ex Dons, Watkins, Kennedy & Stewart) would love to stick one up us. 
I think we should be practicing penalties.  
Ours is by far the hardest to call. 

19 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Still read a lot of "a shite hearts team" 

Think they are 10 points off second? And we're 20 off them. 

A good side. 

Results speak for themselves.

We have a heap of delusional supporters

We’ll be lucky to be top 6.

There might be one spot left as Killie & St Mirren look nailed on in 4th/5th.

Dundee/Hibs/ourselves scrambling to sneak in to 6th.

Embarrassing given what we’ve spent on players.  
Just highlights that the recruitment hasn’t been great & that Robson was a clueless arse

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nah. 

Huns. 
Tims. 
Hearts
Our game is 50/50. McInnes (& the ex Dons, Watkins, Kennedy & Stewart) would love to stick one up us. 

I agree, embarrassing that that is the case considering DM has taken a load of players we deemed surplus to requirements. 

12 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Does anyone hear a single word that comes out this womans mouth at half time? Tactics, philosophy, overload in the wide areas, Mikey fucking Forrester.

Put the fucking tea on love. 

Thank fuck for the mute button is all I can say. Invented by a Scotsman, I believe.

12 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Does anyone hear a single word that comes out this womans mouth at half time? Tactics, philosophy, overload in the wide areas, Mikey fucking Forrester.

Put the fucking tea on love. 

Every time a pundit says, "press/pressing" I inject pure smack into my cock-vein. Hence the way I am.

• Haha 2
45 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nah. 

Huns. 
Tims. 
Hearts

I'm not as pessimistic about our Quarter Final draw.

It's at home against a Killie side that haven't travelled well for the last couple of seasons. The media are talking them up as having a good season but still only 2 victories on the road, albeit including a last minute winner against us when Barry was at the helm.

Warnock will want to take us to Hampden for at least a semi-final so would be very hopeful that home advantage will count, especially if Bojan is still on fire.

As an aside Easter Road will not be an easy match for the Huns and Morton will make it very difficult for Hearts.

The Tims getting a home tie against desperate Livvy appears the only banker from the QF draw.

We can but dream that we get through with Hibernian and Morton and then avoid the Tims in the semis.

Colin leading us out in the final is still on.

The draw could've been much, much worse. 

• Upvote 7
1 hour ago, milne_afc said:

Some of their play looks quite fluid and as if they mean it. They’ve got that positive vibe we benefited from in the second half of last season.

The funny thing is, Cormack was probably looking at how Naismith turned their form around from the first half of the season & was adamant Robson was going to do the same “any day now!”.

Barring a massive collapse (or a non-old firm SC win) we’ve allowed them a complete canter at European group stages for two of the last three seasons. Embarrassing stuff. 

2 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

The funny thing is, Cormack was probably looking at how Naismith turned their form around from the first half of the season & was adamant Robson was going to do the same “any day now!”.

Barring a massive collapse (or a non-old firm SC win) we’ve allowed them a complete canter at European group stages for two of the last three seasons. Embarrassing stuff. 

We also allowed them it last season. For them to be over 10 points in front in January was embarrassing, they should have finished 3rd easily at that point. Luckily our great run aided by their collapse meant we pulled it back.

Vital we finish third next season. Fortunately they very rarely receive any large fees for players but if them finishing third becomes a regular thing i fear they might start pulling away.

14 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Rabbit giraffe change the first part of your name to Rabies, your frothing at the mouth.  If they perform like yesterday which they have for a good few games this season they won’t beat kilmarnock at pittodrie. 

When you typed that with your lobster claw hands, did you think, "That's him telt", before or after your nurse wiped the sick from your mouth and changed your colostomy bag? 

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

I'm not as pessimistic about our Quarter Final draw.

It's at home against a Killie side that haven't travelled well for the last couple of seasons. The media are talking them up as having a good season but still only 2 victories on the road, albeit including a last minute winner against us when Barry was at the helm.

Warnock will want to take us to Hampden for at least a semi-final so would be very hopeful that home advantage will count, especially if Bojan is still on fire.

As an aside Easter Road will not be an easy match for the Huns and Morton will make it very difficult for Hearts.

The Tims getting a home tie against desperate Livvy appears the only banker from the QF draw.

We can but dream that we get through with Hibernian and Morton and then avoid the Tims in the semis.

Colin leading us out in the final is still on.

The draw could've been much, much worse. 

Rarely is it the four semi-finalists you expect when the quarters are drawn.  There's always at least one of the four most folk expected to lose.

Like you say, Celtic into the semi is the only banker there. 

Hearts and the Govan Frankenstein Project will be favourites to win their ties, but Hibs or Greenock could easily pull off a surprise win.

By the looks of things based on how our seasons have gone, I'd say our tie with Killie is possibly the most evenly balanced of the four, but it's a month away and who knows what Warnock will have managed to mould out of our underperforming squad by then.

3 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Well we have 5 games between now and 9th March against Killie. Is that enough for Warnock to at least get some results and putting a bit of pride back in the team? 
  We also play Killie on 24th away.

Should be sufficient time for Warnock to impose himself on the squad, change mentalities and get some decent results. If he can't, sadly i feel that'll be on the players.

As critical as we all were of Robson and as much as he needed to go, some of our squad need to have a long hard look at themselves.

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

We also allowed them it last season. For them to be over 10 points in front in January was embarrassing, they should have finished 3rd easily at that point. Luckily our great run aided by their collapse meant we pulled it back.

Vital we finish third next season. Fortunately they very rarely receive any large fees for players but if them finishing third becomes a regular thing i fear they might start pulling away.

I’d imagine they’ll get a decent wedge for Shankland but aye otherwise don’t seem to sell many on for decent money, at the moment.

Hopefully this ongoing review and investment in a solid manager will see us back up there next season. You never know, we might win the cup and nick their guaranteed Euro spot.