Hibernian 2 - 0 Aberdeen

22 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’ll not take a lecture on football knowledge from an illiterate mongol (football & grammatically) like you. 

You’re thick as stovies in a flask you fanny.

STFU 😆

You have no football knowledge and you always result to insults. You brought me into this for no reason so you don’t even have a knowledge of the chat you moronic imbecile.

You could write your football knowledge on the back of a stamp.

You  have never backed any of your arguments up with a coherent point never mind sentence 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, thurso said:

You have no football knowledge and you always result to insults. You brought me into this for no reason so you don’t even have a knowledge of the chat you moronic imbecile.

You  have never backed any of your arguments up with a coherent point never mind sentence 

I've found that when someone says "you have no football knowledge" or "you know nothing about football" or something along those lines, they generally are the least knowledgeable in the discussion. You could prove me wrong though of course, it's just a theory.

1 hour ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Being near the bottom of the league in early December is a sacking offence for me, considering the money we have spent and the players we have.

Absolutely agree with this. Regardless of whether people think he should have got the job permanently or not, there is simply no excuse for our league position - and no wins in Europe, when 3 of those games were there for the taking. 

That said, as many of us have alluded to elsewhere, the recruitment has been shambolic since the end of last season (Williams and Dadia not kicking a ball for us, half a million spunked on Gueye, another fee on Sokler who has been a bit-part player at best) and the blame for that goes beyond the manager. Serious questions must be asked of the "Football Monitoring Board".

1 hour ago, Proud Dandy said:

No one is judging the manager and team on a single game, how are our stats since Robson got the permanent gig? 

This is the final straw. Anyone that persists with this formation and a defender that costs us a goal every single game doesn’t have what it takes. Doing the same thing over and over again that has failed in the hope it leads to success and all that.

Good post. People gave Glass a wee bit of time because, despite appearing out of his depth early on, we could at least see what he was trying to achieve. Robson on the other hand, just doesn't seem to know what he wants, but he should at least have a settled formation and shape of play by now. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

As I said earlier, the final is keeping Robson in a job.

The board are hiding behind it 

Absolutely agree with this. It's food for thought that beating Hibs in that semi-final was one of the worst 'smash and grab' victories in our history. Sure, many of us will take a cup final by hook or by crook, but it's not a stretch to say it's papered over more than a few cracks 

29 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

Seriously, you happy watching some of the shite on view and with our league position?

Nailed it. That said, while I agree Robson's position is untenable, the lion's share of blame must go to the Board this time. Why spend half a million on a non-entity Gueye (or indeed any one player) if you're going to go with the lowest common denominator in the manager's chair? What did Robson's youth coach record suggest merited being trusted with overseeing a group stage European football campaign and kicking on for a second consecutive 3rd place finish? Does anyone seriously believe we couldn't have sourced a decent manager with the Gueye funds alone, never mind the five-figures-per-week we were paying McInnes? Seriously.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, G man said:

You are entitled to your opinion. As am l to mine. There was only one team playing hoofball today and that was Hibs.

This is 100%, absolutely, correct. 

Hibs were completely fucking drivel. They had one attacking move......hump the ball forward to Boyle.....and offered nothing in the way of constructive football. 

Aberdeen on the other hand, actually moved the ball around really well and had Hibs chasing shadows for much of the game. 

We had enough chances today to win 5 games, but we didn't take them. Hibs took the 2 breaks that they had and we had no luck at all. 

That's football, nothing we can do about it. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Hibs were completely fucking drivel. They had one attacking move......hump the ball forward to Boyle.....and offered nothing in the way of constructive football. 

Aberdeen on the other hand, actually moved the ball around really well and had Hibs chasing shadows for much of the game. 

We had enough chances today to win 5 games, but we didn't take them. Hibs took the 2 breaks that they had and we had no luck at all. 

From a Hibs perspective, I actually completely agree with you. 

Like the Semi, the better team who looked more likely lost.  Baffled at the two outcomes personally. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, thurso said:

Its easy to resort to insults with you, though. You were talking about an Aberdeen player just yesterday, you got his name so wrong I can only assume you were trying to translate it using the Cyrillic alphabet before  continuing to get his nationality completely wrong, yet you have the hard neck to call someone a "moronic imbecile."

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

As much as i have to agree with you about today, there have been far too many games this season where we have either not turned up or only turned up once 2-0 down.  I was in the camp of give Robson time until recently but we don't seem to be progressing.  He keeps saying we'll be ok ect but will we really ?! as others have said in Scottish terms we have spent a lot of money yet are going to struggle to finish 5th at this rate let alone 3rd which should be the aim.  The cup final performance will be somewhat irrelevant if we win.  Winning a cup is obviously the aim for every club outside the top 2 as we are never going to win the league but finishing 3/4 th should be mandatory.  We won't go down thats for sure in my opinion but we will be in the bottom 6 unless something radical changes.  

13 minutes ago, Happy Hibee said:

From a Hibs perspective, I actually completely agree with you. 

Like the Semi, the better team who looked more likely lost.  Baffled at the two outcomes personally. 

I would agree that Hibs were the better team in the semi final, but I simply cannot think of one really decent chance Hibs created (outside the offisde goal). 

On the other hand, Aberdeen had literally half a dozen guilt edged 'how the fuck did we miss that' chances today. 

But still, as in the semi, that's football. The team that scores, wins. The team that doesn't, doesn't. 

I'm not complaining about anything today....it was our own fault we didn't win. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, G man said:

Strange how it is Robson ‘s fault that Miovski has missed sitter after sitter. !!

Miovski scores, it might put a different complexion on things however this match, and the season so far more generally, does not exist in a vacuum.

Robson continues to select the same back line game after game, which is haemmoraging goals with basic errors and individual mistakes.

He is showing loyalty to players who are putting in sub-standard performances and because of this, this is his problem. If he had changed things, he maybe gets a bit more slack. But he is showing glaring naïveté on a weekly basis.

He isn’t going to survive. He, and we, need put out of our misery so we can move on. If not, the glare will be firmly on Burrows next, whose coat is already on a shoogly peg for the cup final fiasco.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Miovski scores, it might put a different complexion on things however this match, and the season so far more generally, does not exist in a vacuum.

Robson continues to select the same back line game after game, which is haemmoraging goals with basic errors and individual mistakes.

He is showing loyalty to players who are putting in sub-standard performances and because of this, this is his problem. If he had changed things, he maybe gets a bit more slack. But he is showing glaring naïveté on a weekly basis.

He isn’t going to survive. He, and we, need put out of our misery so we can move on. If not, the glare will be firmly on Burrows next, whose coat is already on a shoogly peg for the cup final fiasco.

I was in favour of giving him December, but the truth is i can't make a reasoned argument for it. Do i genuinely believe Robson will turn things round? No.

To give him till the Winter break, even if we do hit a half decent run of results in the short-term, feels like we're delaying the inevitable. The best thing for all parties is if he goes now.

Unfortunately no matter what happens over the coming weeks, i still see Robson being Aberdeen boss until March (at least).

14 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Pick nothing up from Killie / Hearts and the Hun Cup Final then I would imagin the Chairman might just put a P45 in his Xmas card 

Then we start again 

That is my concern. Can we just keep starting again every season? I do feel we are on a more solid footing- less loanees etc. l do feel the squad is better than results would suggest. However we have lost too many goals down to basic individual mistakes.

Even Miovski who has been outstanding this season had his poorest game since joining us- not in his build up play and effort but on another day he would have scored 4 goals. That’s football.

4 minutes ago, englishred said:

Kilmarnock, Hearts and Livingston next all at home.  Really need 9 points or 7 at worst with Hearts technically on paper the hardest team out of the 3.  There is no way we can afford to lose 1 of these after today

It’ll be 2pts at most. Draws with Killie and Livi with both leaving upset they only got a point and a defeat to Hearts

23 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I would agree that Hibs were the better team in the semi final, but I simply cannot think of one really decent chance Hibs created (outside the offisde goal). 

On the other hand, Aberdeen had literally half a dozen guilt edged 'how the fuck did we miss that' chances today. 

But still, as in the semi, that's football. The team that scores, wins. The team that doesn't, doesn't. 

I'm not complaining about anything today....it was our own fault we didn't win. 

I would also agree with that. Today you should have scored a shit load. 

1 minute ago, G man said:

That is my concern. Can we just keep starting again every season? I do feel we are on a more solid footing- less loanees etc. l do feel the squad is better than results would suggest. However we have lost too many goals down to basic individual mistakes.

Even Miovski who has been outstanding this season had his poorest game since joining us- not in his build up play and effort but on another day he would have scored 4 goals. That’s football.

I agree, but is the manager?

You're saying Miovski had his worst game since joining us and again i agree, yet Robson's saying this was our best showing since he took charge.

Something's rotten in the state of Donmark.

Changing manager year upon year isn't ideal and it's not what success is built on. But then neither is sticking with a manager who's so far out of his depth he's hit international waters.

Make the right appointment and the 12 month managerial cycle ceases to be.

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

I agree, but is the manager?

You're saying Miovski had his worst game since joining us and again i agree, yet Robson's saying this was our best showing since he took charge.

Something's rotten in the state of Donmark.

Changing manager year upon year isn't ideal and it's not what success is built on. But then neither is sticking with a manager who's so far out of his depth he's hit international waters.

Make the right appointment and the 12 month managerial cycle ceases to be.

Good post min 👍

Basically having to have your keeper take it upon himself to basically play a sweeper role to try & compensate for Robsons failures to see Hibs main tactic of long ball to Boyle using his pace as main threat is criminal ‘management’ of a pro football team in a top flight league. Unbelievable incompetence in management 

16 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

I was in favour of giving him December, but the truth is i can't make a reasoned argument for it. Do i genuinely believe Robson will turn things round? No.

To give him till the Winter break, even if we do hit a half decent run of results in the short-term, feels like we're delaying the inevitable. The best thing for all parties is if he goes now.

Unfortunately no matter what happens over the coming weeks, i still see Robson being Aberdeen boss until March (at least).

March? 

Jesus, what a thought.