Holidays 2024

The Buzzard

3 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Nairn tomorrow for a long weekend, can't fucking wait, will be ace. Sometimes the best times are almost on your doorstep. Would have preferred a weekend with the usual football on, not sure I'll get the opportunity to engage with the local huns now.  

Lovely place. Spent many a happy time at Lochloy.

Just now, daytripping said:

That's where I'm going, love it. Beach is amazing.

Can't go wrong. Swimming pool is tiny but there's a decent sized restaurant. Good bar / disco with bingo nights. Cracking walks along the sands to be had. I'm a thrill seeker so often hop along to the very end of the pier throwing caution literally to the wind. Off site I'm a big fan of Friar Tuck's chipper. One drawback is there's invariably at least one family of hun minks on site but if you put the frighteners on them early doors they soon tone down their act and steer clear.

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Love the place, not been in a good few years but never had a bad time there.

Went to the Nairn Games once when i was a kid. Had a feel of the Craggy Island Funland about it. Scotlands Tallest Man standing in a tent beside a Mini, you paid to get in and walk past him.

1 minute ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Can't go wrong. Swimming pool is tiny but there's a decent sized restaurant. Good bar / disco with bingo nights. Cracking walks along the sands to be had. I'm a thrill seeker so often hop along to the very end of the pier throwing caution literally to the wind. Off site I'm a big fan of Friar Tuck's chipper. One drawback is there's invariably at least one family of hun minks on site but if you put the frighteners on them early doors they soon tone down their act and steer clear.

Not there long enough to hit the entertainment bit or pool, will be fry up, walk on the beach, beers in town, Indian. Maybe on the Sunday night. Might look out that chipper then, cheers.

Lot  of plastic huns up that way, won't let it put me off having a good time. Steely stare usually gets them in line.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Went to the Nairn Games once when i was a kid. Had a feel of the Craggy Island Funland about it. Scotlands Tallest Man standing in a tent beside a Mini, you paid to get in and walk past him.

Sure you didn't dream that after an acid night?

Just now, DeltaRay1903 said:

What is it with this obsession with past forum members. I don't have a bloody clue what he's on about. 

There must be a history of folk leaving and coming back as someone else. Or folk having 2 accounts so they can agree with themselves😆

Fuck knows. 

Just now, daytripping said:

Where did you hear the phrase "sock puppet"?

I've never heard it said but I've read the term several times since joining this forum. From what I can gather it's a secondary account. A person might have their primary 'serious' account and a sock puppet account that's perhaps more frivolous or is used to back up comments made by their serious account. Strikes me as fucking mental behaviour. 

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I've never heard it said but I've read the term several times since joining this forum. From what I can gather it's a secondary account. A person might have their primary 'serious' account and a sock puppet account that's perhaps more frivolous or is used to back up comments made by their serious account. Strikes me as fucking mental behaviour. 

You only joined 10 days ago, where did you read about it?

5 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

DR also gives purple Ls to those that do it to him 

Really? I think hes a long term lurker. He knows too much about Aberdeen as a city to be hanz. Posts music that a del amitri fan wouldnt. And was saying stuff about old casual gear that hanz wouldnt have known about. Thats evidence enough for me.