Aberdeen 2 - 1 Livingston

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Really impressed with Polvara tonight. 

But for Miovski pulling us out of the shit, Polvara would've been my MotM.

Was a crap game and Miovski again bought Robson more time. But it's not a good look when you're making a win against Livi look difficult. 

Looked good when we went to 433, but Robson soon reverted back to type.

On to Dens, and that will nor be an easy game.

Good 3 points but fuck we played shite!

As,said Mio our saviour.

Dante playing some great passes again and Morris very unlucky not to have assists for maybe 2 goals.

I'd like to see Shayden and Duk as wingers with Mio and Sokler up front.

Our defence still very unstable at times.

Get Barron in midfield with Polvara and drop Shinnie and Clarkson.

Another must win game at Dens Park.

Shinnie played well tonight in a more controlled role. Polvara was excellent looking like a real midfielder. Didn’t see anything wrong with gartermsn he’s been superb so far this season. Mcgarry had a poor game and needs games to get him up to speed. The two obvious moments of weakness came from McDonald - first at the goal and second at Anderson’s chance. Last four games apart from Sunday have been hard games but we came thru. Livi can frustrate the best of teams they are big,. Physical and brilliantly drilled. That was a good win under the circumstances . On to Dundee - they are dark horses this year it will be a real challenge.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Ruby is our Balkans Rougvie. 

Not our most skillful player, but he'll put the fear into the opposition. 

" Six foot two, eyes are blue, big Doug Rougvie's after you,  na na na na, na na na, na na ".  A wee tune that used to accompany the initial contact.

The human equivalent of early heat seeking missile technology ( minus a tooth).

Stick that up yer VAR!

Set alarm to get up to watch this. Sounds like I made right call by ignoring it.

Re: McGarry. Unsurprised. I don't follow or watch A league, but it's poor quality. I used to take my sons until they were old enough to go on their own. Only player who caught my eye was Mooy.

Think Dundee could be tricky.

4 hours ago, virtualmontana said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/barry-robson-gets-frank-aberdeen-31721975?fbclid=IwAR1qQDJ8pi9stAFFhfc4L_UWY3VNjM6WECke2U_FpzTcg0-jk3Hf0EWbGlk

We’ll just have to say to Dave (Cormack, chairman) he’s not allowed to go.

AAAAAARGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don’t think he will be sold in Jan, unless the offer is mind blowing, which would be the English PL, Italy, Spain or Germany! We don’t need to sell in January either. His stock is rising every week! Don’t think he will be here behind the summer though! 

Neither of the minks would offer enough money. Celtic may make an offer, but I’m sure it would be shite and the Huns are skint and can’t afford him! 
if we sold him to either of them, at any stage, that would be the end of Cormack in a lot of peoples eyes, mine included! 

48 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

He’s never going to Celtic or Rangers. That lads got bigger fish to fry. He’ll be off back to Europe in the summer. But a record breaking transfer fee in January would be nearly impossible to turn down. 

If we sell Miovski in January there should be a fucking riot. Regardless of fee

If we get an offer for 10m in January, he's gone and there is not a thing wrong with that.

Unless its to a team in Scotland in which case burn the place down. 

But for real, a gigantic offer in January and he's gone and that's fair enough. 

I think there is a chance you might find some of those Italian teams that are now watching us might dip into their pocket money and make an offer that makes us sweat. Possibly lower EPL.

I hope to fuck they don't because he's great and the longer we can keep him the higher the fee will be when he eventually goes (and the more/longer we will have had to benefit from him)

About that game. The back 5 pish was still there but at least we were passing the ball around. I did not get the fans booing it; we were actually doing keep the possession and probe for those weaknesses. I'm totally happy with that. Why boo? Would they rather it was fucking hoofball again?? 

But it was only when we went to 4 at the back we looked a bit more dominant. Robson still won't get it though.

• Upvote 1

His quality/variation of goals alone show just how ‘all round’ he is & that’s even before you consider his work rate/positional sense etc. he is the complete package & plenty clubs are going to have noticed this by now especially as he’s improving all the time. 

We will struggle to keep him in January as some very tempting offers will be made for sure. 

Regardless of fee though. We sell him (& and especially if we keep Robson) our season is completely over. Any hopes of 3rd or SC are gone as soon as that decision is made.

1 hour ago, RUL said:

I can’t understand why folk think we’d sell in January and risk our season being even more shit? His value will only increase between January and end of season

Exactly, by all accounts he seems to be loving his time here. HE was smart enough to realise joining us and doing well will open the doors to big money moves for him

Easily see him off to Italy or Germany in the summer for a club record fee

Dave Cormack has shown that he doesn’t sell to the first guy who puts money on the table as we did under Milne who was desperate to pull in much needed cash. And to his credit under his stewardship we have finally started to invest in players that can be developed and sold. But the balancing factor is the player - if he gets tapped by the buyer it becomes difficult, regardless of strength of contract. The days of jim McLean type approaches of making players sit in the stand as a severe sanction are long gone . There is a rumour that we already have interest from Europe that values him higher than the numbers thrown around by weenie pundits doing the dark work of their masters.

McGarry and Gartenmann were hopeless last night, while Jensen frustrates me a bit too - he looks like he could be a really commanding defender, and does at times look decent on the ball, but there were a few occassions last night where he just passed it straight back to the opposition. 

We looked much better once we went to 4 at the back. Our defenders aren't great, so bizzarely it seems less risky just playing 2 of them rather than 3 of them. I'd go with MacDonald and Rubezic (to play the Pollock role of last season) and have Jensen and Devlin on either side. Polvara played well again - he's got a great eye for a pass and seems to have added some aggression to his play defensively, maybe he's just getting more confident due to more game time. Once Duk was moved wide he looked more like his old self, and Morris again showed some promising signs when he came on. 

The Barron situation is frustrating - if he is being a wee twat and going to a rival then fair enough not playing him, but if the negotiations over a contract really are ongoing and there's a chance he could stay, I think we should be playing him every week as that would no doubt encourage him to sign on, and we definitely look a better football team with him playing.

3 wins out of 4 is decent results-wise, but doesn't really tell the full story of more fairly abysmal football. 4231 formation and we could get the results and much better football. Seems a no-brainer.

I would love to know what qualities our scouts look for in players because it's evident Morris doesn't possess any. His tendency to let a player walk past him with minimum effort, together with his obvious lack of confidence and skill makes Robson a clown for not seeing it. This, together with Gueye and the Israeli, our scouts should be sacked

20 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I would love to know what qualities our scouts look for in players because it's evident Morris doesn't possess any. His tendency to let a player walk past him with minimum effort, together with his obvious lack of confidence and skill makes Robson a clown for not seeing it. This, together with Gueye and the Israeli, our scouts should be sacked

What about Duk and Bojan? Or the other players we've signed who re good enough? 

No club is going to get every signing right.

Dadia is a loan, so it's hard to get too upset about it. He'll be going in 10 days. 

There's no way we paid the fee for Gueye that's rumoured. If we did, then there really should be a stewards inquiry in to it. 

Morris i can understand the punt. He's absolutely lightening and the club obviously saw something they could work with. Whether he'll ever be good enough, I doubt it. Doubt he'll ever be better than Connor McLennan tbh. 

The rest of our signings have been okay recently. I'm not a huge fan of Jensen but he's solid enough. I'd be playing him and Ruby in a two. I think it'd suit both of them. 

McGarry looks okay in flashes. Needs to stay fit and get a run to assess him properly. 

Devlin is a really solid player at our level. 

Clarkson is really talented and well worth singing. We'll see his class once he gets used properly. 

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Morris was scouted by the previous HoR/recruitment team and has qualities Goodwin wanted ie pace

How can you say the Israeli is shite when he’s had zero first team minutes.

27 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

That's weird. I thought Morris did fine when he came on last night.....maybe not brilliantly, but we actually look a much more balanced side with Morris playing wide on the right. 

Yeap, he needs to grow in confidence. I think a goal or two would do wonders for him. 

I don't see any reason not to start him on Saturday.

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

McGarry and Gartenmann were hopeless last night, while Jensen frustrates me a bit too - he looks like he could be a really commanding defender, and does at times look decent on the ball, but there were a few occassions last night where he just passed it straight back to the opposition. 

We lose far, far too many crosses into the box. 

Livi could have been a goal up before they scored, as somehow an 8 foot tall striker was left unmarked....and not just unmarked, he had nobody within 6 feet of him......8 yards from goal. 

Their goal came from three !!!! headers from a long throw, with none of our players getting anywhere near the ball. 

In recent weeks we've lost pathetic goals from corners against both Hibs and Hearts, and it's got to the stage that I dread a long ball being pumped into our box because I've no idea if we'll make a challenge or just stand and watch the opposition score. 

We've got tall defenders, but I'm wondering what the feck they're all doing on the training field, because they all seem confused about what they're meant to be doing sometimes.

6 hours ago, HaarDon said:

McGarry was very good before his injury. Just needs a couple of games.

He'll be fine.

Was he? Wasn't very good hibs at home and then terrible down at tynecastle. Got dropped then injured after about 5 minutes. I do think he will be fine though, has all the attributes.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

That's weird. I thought Morris did fine when he came on last night.....maybe not brilliantly, but we actually look a much more balanced side with Morris playing wide on the right. 

Yeap, he needs to grow in confidence. I think a goal or two would do wonders for him. 

I don't see any reason not to start him on Saturday.

Just goes to show how we see things differently. Next time watch how easily he loses his man, first touch is backwards and how many times he actually takes someone on and beats them with a telling cross. Also last night after he was through and Miovski pointing to where he wanted the ball for his run. He chose to shoot like a 5 year old. I really hope he proves me wrong going forward and I will never criticise him during a game because his confidence looks frail as it is.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Agreed, some signings work but surely when you consider the amount that don't and how seriously bad some are, there has to be a review on which scout recommended the chaff and who makes the final decision. It can't be a scattergun approach because we don't have the money or squad to have waste. 

Don't agree. Recruitment is really difficult, if it was as easy as "only sign good players" everyone would do that.

On our model I'd expect <50% to work out.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Just goes to show how we see things differently. Next time watch how easily he loses his man, first touch is backwards and how many times he actually takes someone on and beats them with a telling cross. Also last night after he was through and Miovski pointing to where he wanted the ball for his run. He chose to shoot like a 5 year old. I really hope he proves me wrong going forward and I will never criticise him during a game because his confidence looks frail as it is.

This.

Only benefit I see is it takes the pressure off Devlin to get forward so much, or his hammy's are toast as well. 

• Upvote 1