Aberdeen 2 - 1 Livingston

9 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Got the win and that's what matters. Two things Robson needs to take away from this evening: (1) 3 points, (2) Five at the back doesn't work.

Self preservation alone should see him switch to a back four. But doubt that'll happen so, fully expecting a five at Dens.

Enough Dons for me tonight. Off to a festive soiree down the Nakatomi Plaza for the rest of the evening. 

The quarterback is toast 😂

• Haha 1

Does show though that 4 at the back and 2 wide players make a big difference, I'd be inclined to stick delvin and McDonald in at CB with Jensen LB and Milne RB midfield 3 I've no idea I think it would take alot of swapping about till you got the right combination, for now Morris wide ride Duk left and Miovski / Sokler through the middle. But expect 3 at back again next time oot.

8 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

He’s just generally good when we play him now. My son (being American born….but a Dandy and Scotland fan) loves Polvara and takes enormous pleasure in rubbing my face in shit when he plays well, reminding me he said he’d come good. The sweet innocence of an Aberdeen fan that wasn’t alive during the late nineties and 00’s is a thing of beauty. 

😂😂

He will be even better when he gets those gloves off though! 

Just now, sooth_stander said:

I think if we stick with 4–3-3 we will gradually ease ourselves up into the top 6 due to the amount of chances we will provide for Miovski and Co. Whether we have the correct midfielders to play that way, at the moment anyway, who knows but something that will hopefully be dealt with in January 

I think we do but what 3 I've no idea, as I said I'm my post needs a bit of swapping about until you get a trio that works together. It's wide players we struggle with at moment but I guess we have Duncan, Hayes and a couple of young lads, I'd certainly be swapping Miovski and Sokler about as he will be Miovski replacement if he was to leave in Jan.

13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I think if we stick with 4–3-3 we will gradually ease ourselves up into the top 6 this month due to the amount of chances we will provide for Miovski and Co.
Whether we have the correct midfielders to play that way, at the moment anyway, who knows but something that will hopefully be dealt with in January 

We may have the correct midfielders. We don’t have the correct manager to play that way.

6 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

He’s a really talented lad. But he’s a CH. not a passer. Not a sweeper. He’s raw. If he cuts out the mistakes then he’s a massive asset when partnered with the right guy. 

Surely Ruby partnered with MacDonald is the way to go; flanked by Jensen and Devlin and that’s a decent back 4