Aberdeen vs Motherwell (postponed)

I know there have been internal flights getting cancelled at ABZ this morning as my brother is there inoo en route back to Luanda.

However, the wind and the rain have both got to subside at some point and if both are forecasted to do so from 3:30pm, providing the forecast is right, there is no reason for the game not to go ahead. 

I've been to AFC games played in far worse conditions than the current weather.

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I know there have been internal flights getting cancelled at ABZ this morning as my brother is there inoo en route back to Luanda.

However, the wind and the rain have both got to subside at some point and if both are forecasted to do so from 3:30pm, providing the forecast is right, there is no reason for the game not to go ahead. 

Bang on but this is 2023, we now live in a society of bed wetters, the named storms just add to the bed wetting. A generation ago this was known as a gale of wind. Game on!

• Upvote 6
19 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Aye it's alright for folk who live locally, it's the travelling fans they will be concerned about.

Definitely. It's OK to travel from the North to Aberdeen and has been the best part of the day so far I gather. 

Fuck knows what like it is, weather-wise, in the Central Belt inoo. However, Motherwell historically hardly take any supporters up to Pittodrie wind, rain or shine.

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Definitely. It's OK to travel from the North to Aberdeen and has been the best part of the day so far I gather. 

Fuck knows what like it is, weather-wise, in the Central Belt inoo. However, Motherwell historically hardly take any supporters up to Pittodrie wind, rain or shine.

Windy and drizzling. Seems the problem is north of Dundee.

20 minutes ago, Gooby1983 said:

Bang on but this is 2023, we now live in a society of bed wetters, the named storms just add to the bed wetting. A generation ago this was known as a gale of wind. Game on!

Absolutely spot on min. 👍

Giving names to storms (what's the fucking point?) adds to the needless, hysterical behaviour of the meek, weak, and subservient of our society.

It's a wind and a bit of rain, nothing out if the ordinary any one of us haven't dealt with before, unless you are a newly-born bairn that is. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Absolutely spot on min. 👍

Giving names to storms (what's the fucking point?) adds to the needless, hysterical behaviour of the meek, weak, and subservient of our society.

It's a wind and a bit of rain, nothing out if the ordinary any one of us haven't dealt with before, unless you are a newly-born bairn that is. 

Few trees and fences down in Ellon so far. Named storm or not damage is a happening min.

I used to play football on frozen pitches back in the day so cannot be considered soft.

Just report the facts as they are.

Roads seem to flood quite easily too, probably 'cos the drains aren't regularly cleaned out these days. 

Don't get me wrong the game being on and 3 points gained will be a boost but, unfortunately, the crowd will be lower than expected. 

• Upvote 1

But seriously, we need to stop Scottish fitba in December, it's comical to play outdoor sports in Scotland in winter. Hockey isn't played, fuck all is played. TV rights? Pfffft! These matches are hardly Arsenal v Liverpool epics garnering 3 billion viewers worldwide, are they? German Bund stopped on Dec 20 and recommences on Jan 12. Sensible cunts them Krauts.

At the least the December 26 to January 5 fixtures should be played in the afternoon, not in the evening. This is fair enough in Spain, Portugal, where they have 10pm kick-offs over there in the hot-humid months, but in Scotland, it's comical. Even in October and in March it's daft, careless. Cram August, September, October with league pyramid matches, factoring in UEFA fixtures, national team qualifiers.

There will end up being loads of unplayed matches being played in March. Thank fuck Scotland aren't in those fucking playoffs against Israel and Ukraine!

I'm sure my roof is about to blow off. 💀

• Upvote 2
54 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Angola? Fuck me, that's a mental place! Any stories?

Just now, Tyzo_1903 said:

I wonder if the fact the games on PPV tonight will make us try harder to keep it on so we don't lose out on cash with folk signing up.

Would imagine it being far more attractive to watch it on a stream tonight.

PPV Scottish fitba should have breaks in them where a player sells dick pills or ice-bongs, like they do on them podcasts.

2 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

I wonder if the fact the games on PPV tonight will make us try harder to keep it on so we don't lose out on cash with folk signing up.

Would imagine it being far more attractive to watch it on a stream tonight.

Michael Fish should phone-in a commentary as the roof blows off Pittodrie and lands on Alec Salmond's hoose as he is doing cowboy cosplay with his wife.

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Worry ain't the word.

A couple of weeks back drove one night between Pitmedden and Tarves. Road was like a river in several places.

There will be plenty of examples of the above travelling to and from stadium tonight.

The crowd will be quite low as a consequence I suspect. 

Robsonball has already seen to that 

7 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Few trees and fences down in Ellon so far. Named storm or not damage is a happening min.

I used to play football on frozen pitches back in the day so cannot be considered soft.

Just report the facts as they are.

Roads seem to flood quite easily too, probably 'cos the drains aren't regularly cleaned out these days. 

Don't get me wrong the game being on and 3 points gained will be a boost but, unfortunately, the crowd will be lower than expected. 

Very good summary min. I know the weather can be worse inland in places like Ellon and the surrounding area compared with up here, and vice versa, and there will be damage along the way unfortunately.

However, there are absolutely no excuses for municipal roads to be flooded in this era. The local authorities in the north-east are an absolute embarrassment when it comes to road safety and drainage.

(I've got a folder of numerous correspondences and evidence between myself and the Senior Roads Civil Engineer of Aberdeenshire Council from May 2018 regarding improvements required on the street I used to stay, but even after two major multiple car crashes, nothing has been done whatsoever).

Even when there have been deaths on our roads in the past, the Councils do fuck all to improve the highways in our area.

The roads fae Fraserburgh to the Ellon dualler turn off are horrendous and, tragically, have been the scene of many a road accident death.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Very good summary min. I know the weather can be worse inland in places like Ellon and the surrounding area compared with up here, and vice versa, and there will be damage along the way unfortunately.

However, there are absolutely no excuses for municipal roads to be flooded in this era. The local authorities in the north-east are an absolute embarrassment when it comes to road safety and drainage.

(I've got a folder of numerous correspondences and evidence between myself and the Senior Roads Civil Engineer of Aberdeenshire Council from May 2018 regarding improvements required on the street I used to stay, but even after two major multiple car crashes, nothing has been done whatsoever).

Even when there have been deaths on our roads in the past, the Councils do fuck all to improve the highways in our area.

The roads fae Fraserburgh to the Ellon dualler turn off are horrendous and, tragically, have been the scene of many a road accident death.

Folk drive like spastics on speed these days. Driving used to be pleasurable, now it's like that mental movie with Sly Stallone and the bloke who wanked himself to death in a wardrobe in Thailand...