Aberdeen vs Motherwell (postponed)

2 minutes ago, Turra red said:

Fits the forecast looking like for havin new players in the new year to romp all the in hand games with?

I need some positivity today! Was just starting to think surely it would have been cancelled by now and started to get excited! 

There is nothing standing in the way of the Dons finishing 3rd/4th... except Knobson.

No excuses to make a cunt of it in the Scottish Cup, either. 

1 minute ago, Howard Marks said:

Bit of common sense should be applied now. Two free Saturdays coming up after the New Year fixtures. Unless we're flying off somewhere exotic?

A lot of the teams play matches behind closed doors to maintain match fitness during the shutdown . We will have played 4 games less than many teams and will then get two weeks without fixtures. Winter shutdown should be cancelled this season and for all future seasons.

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1

I’m no fan of Robson & his excuses are pathetic. But. Celtic will have played 21 games before we possibly play again on Saturday. We have not played Dundee. Will probably have played the cheeks, hearts & hibs 3 times before we do so. So potentially out of 20 games played, 12 will have been against the the Glasgow & Edinburgh teams. 

Feel free to use this at your next presser Barry. 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Very good summary min. I know the weather can be worse inland in places like Ellon and the surrounding area compared with up here, and vice versa, and there will be damage along the way unfortunately.

However, there are absolutely no excuses for municipal roads to be flooded in this era. The local authorities in the north-east are an absolute embarrassment when it comes to road safety and drainage.

(I've got a folder of numerous correspondences and evidence between myself and the Senior Roads Civil Engineer of Aberdeenshire Council from May 2018 regarding improvements required on the street I used to stay, but even after two major multiple car crashes, nothing has been done whatsoever).

Even when there have been deaths on our roads in the past, the Councils do fuck all to improve the highways in our area.

The roads fae Fraserburgh to the Ellon dualler turn off are horrendous and, tragically, have been the scene of many a road accident death.

100% MAD.

No argument from me on the complete inadequacy of the local council(s).

There's a fucker up the road who "works from home" as a cooncil accountant. Let's just say he's nae tired from working a full day.

Probably a thread on it's own.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

They ram in ridiculous Midweek games in December to allow this pointless winter break then play 5 games in April and May when the weather is good you just cannot make it up. Tinpot league run by tinpot administrators 

You really couldn’t make it up. If we are going to persist with this idiotic Aug to May season, start late July for the diddy team not in Europe and crack on.

Ach every time there’s a bit of bad weather in December everyone is in a rage about the winter break.

But this still happened when we didn’t have it and we could then have more called off in January too.

Taking a break in January makes sense statistically and the extra games should be played when the weather is better. 

It’s not meant to be a silver bullet for bad weather - we get storms, heavy rain, snow, winds, ice at any time from November to February so we should always expect a few call offs.

14 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Good. The idea of asking cunts to travel about the country for 1945 kicks offs the day after boxing day is fucking ridiculous anyway. 

Aye make them get half way up the road and call it off a few hours before kick off. 

mental it wasn’t called off sooner. 

Season is going to be end up like an amateur league when you play 4 games a week in summer for the last few weeks of the season to catch up 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

You know fine well it would help our game to have forward thinking sfa without the biased as well but I think most know we'll never get one. Donkeycaster will be in power until he's fkn 70 odd or finnaly does some good and just dies asap.

Doncaster has fuck all to do with the SFA though. 

You would hope the club are exploring the possibility of playing at least 1 of the matches during the winter break.  Clubs tend to arrange closed doors friendlies to keep fitness up anyway so wouldn't be that much of a stretch to play a proper match.  Probably be something stopping it from happening but worth asking the question at least.

• Upvote 2