51 minutes ago, G man said:

Why field a weakened team in a knockout cup game after a 2 week winter shutdown?

To give them game time, see how they perform in a competitive match, and give them incentive to work hard and get into the first team. 

Cup games against shit lower league sides is traditionally when you field your fringe players. 

25 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

To give them game time, see how they perform in a competitive match, and give them incentive to work hard and get into the first team. 

Cup games against shit lower league sides is traditionally when you field your fringe players. 

Stephen Glass tried that in the League Cup v Raith. Was the beginning of the end for him.

18 minutes ago, G man said:

Stephen Glass tried that in the League Cup v Raith. Was the beginning of the end for him.

Jim Goodwin did worse vs Darvel, with a team that included Ramadani, Duk, Clarkson, and Miovski.

Glass and Goodwin's inability to manage a football club yesterday doesn't impact whether or not we field a fringe team today, though 

Is Robson every bit as bad as Glass and Goodwin, yes.  Is he capable of fucking a knockout game against a shite lower league team just like they did, definitely. 

But does that mean we should now be too scared to follow a sensible policy that has benefited clubs around the world since the dawn of the professional game? 

It does not. 

And if the manager of Aberdeen Football Club ever goes into a game against part time opposition three leagues below us thinking "There's a good chance we'll lose this so we better field our best players", then that manager, I suggest, needs to fuck off out of our club. 

To be clear, though, regardless of the result, Robson needs to fuck off out of our club. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

NOPE. Fuck that. We are not putting shite like Gueye in the team. Full strength. Back 4. 4-0 up at half time then consider giving some shite players a chance to redeem themselves. 

hate to sound like Barry robson but as a team who haven’t won the cup for 34 years and have only as much as made the final 3 times since we have no right!!

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4
12 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

NOPE. Fuck that. We are not putting shite like Gueye in the team. Full strength. Back 4. 4-0 up at half time then consider giving some shite players a chance to redeem themselves. 

hate to sound like Barry robson but as a team who haven’t won the cup for 34 years and have only as much as made the final 3 times since we have no right!!

Absobloodylutely. 
Mental to play anything other than our best team at the outset. 

25 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

...didn't win the cup for 33 years....but its coming home in 24!!

Serious question, is it a sign of desperation or simply how far we've fallen in terms of expectation of what this club is capable of that guys are saying field the strongest team possible against a side currently sitting dead last (6 points adrift with 1 win in 17, with a goal difference of -17) in a league 3 divisions below us? 

I mean, in either case it's fucking depressing. 

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
Just now, Ke1t said:

Serious question, is it a sign of desperation or simply how far we've fallen in terms of expectation of what this club is capable of that guys are saying field the strongest team possible against a side currently sitting dead last (6 points adrift with 1 win in 17, with a goal difference of -17) in a league 3 divisions below us? 

No

It's common sense in the cup, if you're looking to win

Next

11 hours ago, Ke1t said:

It’s a sign of taking the Scottish cup seriously. Do Celtic put out their youth team against us or do they put out their first team to get the 3 points because they want to win the league?

the difference in money between clubs is probably not far off relatively speaking

12 hours ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

...didn't win the cup for 33 years....but its coming home in 24!!

It'll need to if we want group stage European football again next season as ZERO chance we are finishing 3rd again under Robson.

Would actually be hilarious if Hearts romp 3rd but we win the cup to deny them group stage football again.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

East Fife beat them at home 4-0 so hopefully we can match East Fife. Big ask for Barry.

East Fife beat them 4-0.!!!!!!!!!!    Wait until the Clyde  players see Barry Boy in the dugout with his smirky smilie face going from side to side.  They will think it’s Linda Blair from the exorcist scaring the shit out  of them.   24-0.  

16 hours ago, Ke1t said:

The Scottish Cup is an important competition that we have not won since 1990. I cannot remember Fergie fielding weekend teams in the Scottish Cup at any time. This idea of resting players comes from the English Premier League where the money clubs earn from even finishing a few league places higher is worth far more than the money gained from the FA Cup. 

Can anyone help me with a reliable IPTV recommendation please? It’s for my dad, who is housebound now and really misses seeing us play, with only a few games now on regular tv. I got a recommendation last week, but the seller is awol unfortunately. Thank you! 

1 hour ago, G man said:

The Scottish Cup is an important competition that we have not won since 1990. I cannot remember Fergie fielding weekend teams in the Scottish Cup at any time. This idea of resting players comes from the English Premier League where the money clubs earn from even finishing a few league places higher is worth far more than the money gained from the FA Cup. 

He always did for the Saturday & Sunday, but sometimes for a midweek replay he didn’t. 

• Haha 1