13 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

My thoughts

1. I can’t believe folk actually think Klopp is worried about Aberdeen or Williams 

2. Some header by McLean against United in that game

3. Nations league has created exactly 0 additional international breaks. There’s just very few friendlies now

Didn't know the 3rd point. 

It's just a bunch of whinging, then. 

36 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

The agenda? So anyone pointing out (correctly) that Robson is a shit manager is only doing so because they have an agenda?

No, it’s that managers like Klopp etc can say how much Europe takes it out of the players and affects the domestic season but as soon as Robson says it he’s talking shite. Also keeping in mind teams like Liverpool have huge squads of elite athletes and the very best medical teams etc.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

No, it’s that managers like Klopp etc can say how much Europe takes it out of the players and affects the domestic season but as soon as Robson says it he’s talking shite. Also keeping in mind teams like Liverpool have huge squads of elite athletes and the very best medical teams etc.

Liverpool have played 6 games in Europe on a Thursday night this season and their league record on the Sunday after is won 4 and drawn 2, they've qualified from their group in Europe and are 3 points clear at the top of the Premier League. Aberdeen have played 8 games in Europe on a Thursday night and our league record on the Sunday after is 2 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats. We're out of Europe and in 8th place in the league, 32 points behind the leaders. Yes they have a bigger squad and far better players but playing on a Thursday night in Europe clearly isn't affecting Liverpools domestic season too much. Robson has a reasonably big squad for a club of our size but doesn't use it.

1 manager is a top quality manager who has tactical awareness and the ability to utilise a squad, the other isn't and doesn't. Thats not an agenda against Robson, thats a fact.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Liverpool have played 6 games in Europe on a Thursday night this season and their league record on the Sunday after is won 4 and drawn 2, they've qualified from their group in Europe and are 3 points clear at the top of the Premier League. Aberdeen have played 8 games in Europe on a Thursday night and our league record on the Sunday after is 2 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats. We're out of Europe and in 8th place in the league, 32 points behind the leaders. Yes they have a bigger squad and far better players but playing on a Thursday night in Europe clearly isn't affecting Liverpools domestic season too much. Robson has a reasonably big squad for a club of our size but doesn't use it.

1 manager is a top quality manager who has tactical awareness and the ability to utilise a squad, the other isn't and doesn't. Thats not an agenda against Robson, thats a fact.

What a bizarre comparison.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, CCB III said:

I seem to recall Aberdeen going to Kazakhstan in 2015 and going to Tannadice on the Sunday and winning 1-0. 

It's a convenient excuse for managers. If you want to be a good manager, at a good club with good players, you'll play more games. How you manage that is a part of your job. 

Sick of hearing about this shit. 

This.

I don't remember this being a problem under Mciness. 

Not checked but I'm sure I recall Calderwood swotting aside St Mirren 4-0 after coming back from Europe. 

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Where do you start with this 🤣

So you're saying Liverpool are better than Aberdeen AND Klopp is better then Robson?

Controversial.

• Haha 2

It's a ridiculous comparison. 

However, that aside, who's to say Liverpool wouldn't have won all 6 games without playing midweek?

Also, maybe they'd have won the games they did win more comfortably.

All I'm saying is that if you think playing additional midweek matches over an extended period has no impact, then I've got a leading football manager that disagrees with you.

I'm more willing to believe Klopp than some random on a forum, thank you.

5 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

However, that aside, who's to say Liverpool wouldn't have won all 6 games without playing midweek?

All I'm saying is that if you think playing additional midweek matches over an extended period has no impact, then I've got a leading football manager that disagrees with you.

How many times this season has Klopp used the excuse of European football for his sides pathetic displays in domestic football? I'd imagine not too many? Barry uses it after pretty much every game, in October we went 18 days without a game due to internationals and postponements, lost to PAOK (at home) on the Thursday and Kilmarnock on the Sunday and the excuse was that the players were tired because of European football. Its pathetic. 

It doesn't bode well for the next month then does it? We're pretty much playing every weekend / midweek for a month and a half after the winter break. May aswell just write off the rest of this season as its clearly going to be too much for our manager and players.

29 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

These leading Managers Klopp / Pep etc moan about everything! Even added on minutes so players are playing close to 90 minutes. They forget the added time is time they all just stood about thinking of their Bank balances 

26 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

These leading Managers Klopp / Pep etc moan about everything! Even added on minutes so players are playing close to 90 minutes. They forget the added time is time they all just stood about thinking of their Bank balances 

Sounds like complaining will get you to the top then.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

How many times this season has Klopp used the excuse of European football for his sides pathetic displays in domestic football? I'd imagine not too many?

Why would he complain after winning?

I posted a link to a Klopp interview a few days ago in some thread or another where he was saying exactly what I have said.

2 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

You boys are a bunch of fucking lunatics. Arguing the same points again and again. 

It's Friday.  Go have a few pints ladz.

Good advice. 

Was in a teleconference at noon today and already downed a couple of Jack and Cokes. 

Wife nae best pleased, so that was just a bonus. 

• Downvote 1