St Johnstone 1 - 1 Aberdeen

37 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

For the love of good get on the phone to Chris Hughton and give us a capable manager.   Dire dire dire.  

Seriously? Hughton has just been binned by Ghana having won 3 of 10 games in charge. Add to that he is 65 years old. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, ScottishAndDutch said:

What our club needs is a multi-million investment to start with, with a different board. The standard throughout the club is far too low, no ambition and no balls in making decisions. Yes, appointing weak managers is what they can do. Derek had the shit together, but not the material in his final season.

Due to this cowardly board we missed opportunities when Sevco was relegated. With policy, we would have become champions at least once in those years. That was already clear to me and this season is only confirmation. Our club is sick, the cancer has to be removed.

You could stop at the first sentence. There’s not a chance in hell anyone is putting millions and millions of pounds into the club, at least not enough to make any difference to the stranglehold the OF have on the game and the media etc here.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

You don’t mean that.

I’m considering not going back to Pittodrie again with this cunt in charge but doesn’t stop me caring. 

I know bud. Just sick of this shit.  As someone else said I think Robson surpasses McGhee for me now.

2 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

The game was crying out for duk or someone different up front and he brings on Hayes who unfortunately is nowhere the player he was and hasn’t been for a while and I take it we reverted to a back 5 with the subs of macdonald and Jensen 

Reverted to a back five when Hayes and Sokler came on in 63th minute

Their is so many red flags here. Putting the performance to 1 side. 

Hayes being 1 of our first subs is fukin mental. 

duk and Morris would of been my first changes to give width and they didn’t even get on.

macdonald yet again only getting kind because forced with injury 

his post match interview. Most unlikeable manager in my lifetime. And I was old enough to Rememebr McGhee. 

Cormack could shift the dynamic very quickly by addressing the DoF position and bringing someone in who is capable of driving performance in that area. 

He doesn't even need to sack Gunn if he doesn't want to, just move him into a Head of Admin role reporting into Burrows and away from the football side of things. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

You could stop at the first sentence. There’s not a chance in hell anyone is putting millions and millions of pounds into the club, at least not enough to make any difference to the stranglehold the OF have on the game and the media etc here.

Like i said, we missed that opportunity. And indeed, no crazy fuck would invest millions in this club. 

21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cormack could shift the dynamic very quickly by addressing the DoF position and bringing someone in who is capable of driving performance in that area. 

He doesn't even need to sack Gunn if he doesn't want to, just move him into a Head of Admin role reporting into Burrows and away from the football side of things. 

AFC with a DoF is just Dave playing games. Trying to make AFC look relevant. If he really meant business, he’d do it properly and appoint someone who really knew that role.

i don’t think we need a DOF. Appoint a proper manager and let him appoint his HoR and let them get on with it.

I’d like to see us appoint a replacement for Gavin Leavy but that appears to be proving difficult 

I’m also not convinced Burrows is being allowed the responsibility he needs, to run the entire club

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

AFC with a DoF is just Dave playing games. Trying to make AFC look relevant. If he really meant business, he’d do it properly and appoint someone who really knew that role.

i don’t think we need a DOF. Appoint a proper manager and let him appoint his HoR and let them get on with it.

I’d like to see us appoint a replacement for Gavin Leavy but that appears to be proving difficult 

If he wanted the club ran by a DoF all he needs to do is employ an actual experienced DoF and let him do his job and employ a manager and HoR that both know what is required of them

26 minutes ago, slippers said:

Their is so many red flags here. Putting the performance to 1 side. 

Hayes being 1 of our first subs is fukin mental. 

duk and Morris would of been my first changes to give width and they didn’t even get on.

macdonald yet again only getting kind because forced with injury 

his post match interview. Most unlikeable manager in my lifetime. And I was old enough to Rememebr McGhee. 

You forgot about how unbelievably shite Polvara was. It was high time he was subbed off but taking off two of the midfield that had relative control and stick on another CF and a... well fuck knows what Hayes actually is now, when we've just gone a goal up was fucking criminal. 

Then when we have 10 mins to get a winner, playing a back 5, 3 CBs on and one gets injured, he puts another CB on. It's beyond incompetent.

6 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

If he wanted the club ran by a DoF all he needs to do is employ an actual experienced DoF and let him do his job and employ a manager and HoR that both know what is required of them

All roads lead back to Cormack. Late 2017 when he appeared back on the scene and then latterly when he was made chairperson.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Miovski again isolated up top for most of that game. Who'd of thought not playing any creative players alongside him would result in that.

Lacked width, who'd of thought it playing five centre mids across midfield would result in that.

Not sure how we didn't lose that tonight. 

We struggled to create anything with this narrow formation against the 42nd best team in Scotland 5 days ago. Same again thinks Robson.

Mcinnes got criticised for being too defensive but at least he was good at it. Robson tries to be like him but he is shit at it. Woeful performance. Var got us out of jail but we were unable to hold on against a team who are unable to score for 12 minutes. Thank god i was unable to get a ticket for Tynecastle. Polvara wide right was like watching bambi in ice skates, why did we persist so long with that. Its Arghh!!!!!!!

I kinda decided not to bother watching any more games before Xmas. We are just a terrible watch. Until Robson goes, nothing is changing and I won't bother my arse. I actually forgot this game was on. Reading the thread is hard work.

Something has to give. We're lucky Livingston are so bad...

So I guess that wasn’t such a ‘must win’ game after all.

Amazes me how some (admittedly fewer & fewer as games DRAG on) will still willingly argue against those wanting Robson booted to fk out & will still struggle on to find excuses. Even if those excuses have gotten so hard to find, they aren’t even excuses for Barry anymore. They’re just aimed at ‘attempted’ ridicule of those continuously repeating the desperate need to give up on this total failed experiment/lost cause. Some will try & blame it on players/individuals & ignore the one that’s ‘guiding’ them like he’s some kind of misunderstood victim in all this. 

He hasn’t  ‘lost the dressing room’ but he’s definitely killed off any kind of enjoyment for the players & certainly any kind of individual creativity. Probably a big reason why Duk is out of the team & Clarkson is a fkn ghost of the player we know is in there.

It cannot be ignored how damaging this robot is being to the squad

4 hours ago, ScottishAndDutch said:

What our club needs is a multi-million investment to start with, with a different board. The standard throughout the club is far too low, no ambition and no balls in making decisions. Yes, appointing weak managers is what they can do. Derek had the shit together, but not the material in his final season.

Due to this cowardly board we missed opportunities when Sevco was relegated. With policy, we would have become champions at least once in those years. That was already clear to me and this season is only confirmation. Our club is sick, the cancer has to be removed.

What we need to do is develop a link with a Premiership club in England - similar to what Hibs have done with Bournemouth and Dundee have done with Burnley rather than look to some random tie up in the middle east. Would allow us to bring in for a season ,younger players who are not quite ready  for the Premiership but could enhance our squad for a season. In that way we would not have to waste vast sums of money who will be a financial drain on the club both in transfer fees and wages. Players similar to Maddison could only improve what we have at present.