Peter Leven

1 minute ago, Redread said:

Leven can’t be relied on any longer. We got a 0-1 win at the weekend and were far from convincing. We should have got a doing from Dundee (they had multiple chances missed) so I don’t get the love in for him at the moment. He is a coach…nothing more. Going by how our team play football I would hint he isn’t even a good one. 
We need a proper manager with proper coaches who improve more than 1 or 2 players. 
This is Aberdeen FC not Cove Rangers. 

Its no love in min. Its literally kamikaze to appoint a ramdom foreigner at this point.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Redread said:

I don’t get it…say we have the choice of Leven or say Thelin to be in place for the next match and for the rest of the season….you would pick Leven? 😮

There’s more chance of Tord being in the dug out than Jimmy Thelin. 

Nice smokescreen leaked to the Scottish press by Cormack/Gunn/Burrows. 

I agree with others. We need to hope Leven can get us safety from relegation and THEN appoint because who with any pedigree (ie: in a job :P) would come to a club potentially a hnaful of games from relegation.

If Leven can somehow eke enough performance points in the next few games then our pool would be wider. 

If he can't then shit don't matter either way.

Got to stick with Leven for now I think, he's just got a good win at the weekend and we don't need somebody coming in quite yet to  implement a new style. Lets just focus on getting safe first then we can deal with the manager situation. 

Just think all this could have been avoided if Robson was punted when he should of been in December. 

Nothing will make up for this season really, but getting us clear of relegation is a start I guess. 8 games to go and I cba with fucking any of them. 

• Upvote 1

Hopefully Leven can get some points on the board as he has coached this bunch all season with nothing but rankness to show for it.  Get a new team in and new coaches and new ideas.  Also any jobs for boys lads get them out as well.  Thanks for your service.

12 hours ago, Turra red said:

I don't mind Leven. I think he has tried his best to galvanise what must be a completely dejected and confused squad with all the shit that's going on with our club.

Despite this surely we get our man in as soon as possible and get him on the training pitch so he gets to know his new charges and for the players to feel more settled within the club, not wondering what's happening next constantly.

Mcinnes came in with a handful of games left. If memory serves we didn't set the heather on fire but he clearly learnt about the squad and got rid of a few including gavin rae who many felt was worth another year? He knew what we needed and went and got some pretty decent signings early doors. Thats what we need now a manager that can correctly evaluate his squad get the right players in and be left to do so with out certain members of the board out muscling him.

We can't

If we are serious about doing it right this time,  the higher levels need in first

They then select the manager

38 minutes ago, C'monEweReds said:

Got to stick with Leven for now I think, he's just got a good win at the weekend and we don't need somebody coming in quite yet to  implement a new style. Lets just focus on getting safe first then we can deal with the manager situation. 

Just think all this could have been avoided if Robson was punted when he should of been in December. 

Nothing will make up for this season really, but getting us clear of relegation is a start I guess. 8 games to go and I cba with fucking any of them. 

If we’d lost on Sat you’d be calling for his removal. We need to get a manager in.

• Confused 1
Just now, RUL said:

If we’d lost on Sat you’d be calling for his removal. We need to get a manager in.

Aye but we didn't lose did we. As others have said, we'll attract a better manager when they know we'll be staying in the top flight. Let's just get safe first.

9 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Why? We've conceded 1 open play goal, to Celtic, in his 3 games, and just played something that resembles football. 

Because folk are so reactive. Every loss will lead to a meltdown and boring conversation about relegation. Every win will end up in folk wanting him to get the job full time and next January we will be back in same position. 

If we hire a decent European manager he’s not going to come in and tell us to launch the ball.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, RUL said:

Because folk are so reactive. Every loss will lead to a meltdown and boring conversation about relegation. Every win will end up in folk wanting him to get the job full time and next January we will be back in same position. 

If we hire a decent European manager he’s not going to come in and tell us to launch the ball.

Nobody is going to want Leven to be the permanent manager. 

We've just seen a manager come in and bomb with the team apparently not taking to his style of management. 

We're 3 points from the playoffs. Fair if you want to take that risk but I don't. 

1 hour ago, huncunts said:

Why? We've conceded 1 open play goal, to Celtic, in his 3 games, and just played something that resembles football. 

Do goals conceded only count if they're from open play? 😂

We were very lucky not to concede several from open play against Dundee and only a VAR fuck up prevented us conceding one on Saturday.

Get the hun to fuck (Samson as well please).

Some real cringe comments. The win on Saturday, a decent performance and two weeks off has given us our first real breather in 8 months. Folk now wanting to oust him to be replaced with some imaginary superstar manager who's currently sitting in his car on Pittodrie Street with fuck all else to do?! He's not getting the job, so quit getting your thongs in a twist.

4 minutes ago, At The Border Guy said:

Some real cringe comments. The win on Saturday, a decent performance and two weeks off has given us our first real breather in 8 months. Folk now wanting to oust him to be replaced with some imaginary superstar manager who's currently sitting in his car on Pittodrie Street with fuck all else to do?! He's not getting the job, so quit getting your thongs in a twist.

How can you oust someone who was only meant to be in the job until sat? 

1 hour ago, RUL said:

How can you oust someone who was only meant to be in the job until sat? 

It all depends on the terms and conditions, and the nature, of the contract of employment drawn up between the club and Leven, if indeed one was created, in writing, or it was simply a verbal gentleman's agreement in respect of him being first team manager, until such time a new f/t manager is eventually appointed.

Regardless of the composition of the agreement, you can be ousted from any job, whether it is temporary, permanent, fixed-term, time-constrained, seasonal, zero hours, ad hoc, or flexible guaranteed hours in its nature.

The only contractual matter here would be if Leven is getting remunerated in line with the manager's pay scale/grading or not, during his collective time in charge of the first team. 

14 hours ago, Redread said:

I don’t get it…say we have the choice of Leven or say Thelin to be in place for the next match and for the rest of the season….you would pick Leven? 😮

Not rest of season.

It takes bigger balls than I've got to appoint a random foreigner when we are still in a relegation dogfight. Ideally another game and we are safe

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Not rest of season.

It takes bigger balls than I've got to appoint a random foreigner when we are still in a relegation dogfight. Ideally another game and we are safe

But why? It’s not like thelin would come in and decide we’re going to launch fuck out of the ball for 90 minutes. Just get a good manager appointment for once 

• Upvote 1
Just now, RUL said:

But why? It’s not like thelin would come in and decide we’re going to launch fuck out of the ball for 90 minutes. Just get a good manager appointment for once 

My issue would be the players, whether they buy into what he wants to do instantly and whether some of them are even capable of playing for a manager like that.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

My issue would be the players, whether they buy into what he wants to do instantly and whether some of them are even capable of playing for a manager like that.

The 4 F’s model comes into play.

Fit in or Fuck Off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It all depends on the terms and conditions, and the nature, of the contract of employment drawn up between the club and Leven, if indeed one was created, in writing, or it was simply a verbal gentleman's agreement in respect of him being first team manager, until such time a new f/t manager is eventually appointed.

Regardless of the composition of the agreement, you can be ousted from any job, whether it is temporary, permanent, fixed-term, time-constrained, seasonal, zero hours, ad hoc, or flexible guaranteed hours in its nature.

The only contractual matter here would be if Leven is getting remunerated in line with the manager's pay scale/grading or not, during his collective time in charge of the first team. 

Don’t give cayman island 👨🏾Dave an excuse. 

14 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think it'll be an spfl manager, likely Robinson, so putting him in immediately instead of Leven works.

Putting in a foreigner that has brand new ideas its a wee bit dodgy at this point

Why how many foreigners are  in the team at the moment.  A foreign manager just quit as well.   He was more foreign than a foreigner could hardly speak English.