Peter Leven

Just now, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I'm nae min, far from it.

He's showed how much he truly "loves" our club by fucking off on a jolly in our time of dire need and when everyone connected to AFC should be coming together to get us through this period. 

Yes he should have stayed in at pittodrie until he managed to get in a top class manager.  Instead of paddling around in a paddling pool on his air bed.  Hire a drone a ginger one  and drop it on him. 

5 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Yes he should have stayed in at pittodrie until he managed to get in a top class manager.  Instead of paddling around in a paddling pool on his air bed.  Hire a drone a ginger one  and drop it on him

You would need to hire a drone first though min to find out where he's fucked off to on holiday before doing this.

32 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You would need to hire a drone first though min to find out where he's fucked off to on holiday before doing this.

He’s in the Cayman Islands ,  the drone couldn’t miss him, with the sun hitting his teeth each time he opened his mouth laying on his air bed, the reflection would be like a lightning bolt. 

• Haha 3
57 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I'm nae min, far from it.

He's showed how much he truly "loves" our club by fucking off on a jolly in our time of dire need and when everyone connected to AFC should be coming together to get us through this period. 

I think many would prefer if he wasn’t around. 

1 hour ago, Helmet said:

Everything is a risk at this point.

Just get the best manager we can at the soonest possible juncture.

Short term thinking is exactly why we’ve ended up in the shit.

This is what annoys me. Folk make out it’s no risk with leven. If we lose to Ross county same folk will be blazing we’ve done nothing. 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, RUL said:

This is what annoys me. Folk make out it’s no risk with leven. If we lose to Ross county same folk will be blazing we’ve done nothing. 

Yeah there’s a very good chance Leven loses the next game. It not like we smashed it in the last game and he’s solved all the problems.

Its fucking annoying Warnock has bailed or been undermined or whatever happened.

40 minutes ago, RUL said:

Chill out. We'll be nowhere near the relegation spot or even the play offs. No need to rush things. That's why we ended up where we are now.  

3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It all depends on the terms and conditions, and the nature, of the contract of employment drawn up between the club and Leven, if indeed one was created, in writing, or it was simply a verbal gentleman's agreement in respect of him being first team manager, until such time a new f/t manager is eventually appointed.

Regardless of the composition of the agreement, you can be ousted from any job, whether it is temporary, permanent, fixed-term, time-constrained, seasonal, zero hours, ad hoc, or flexible guaranteed hours in its nature.

The only contractual matter here would be if Leven is getting remunerated in line with the manager's pay scale/grading or not, during his collective time in charge of the first team. 

The voice of experience ^

• Haha 5
40 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Chill out. We'll be nowhere near the relegation spot or even the play offs. No need to rush things. That's why we ended up where we are now.  

St Johnston 2 points behind us, Ross County 3 points behind us.  Watched Ross County against Hearts and they look like they want to survive being relegated, it won’t be easy getting full or any points off them, if it’s an Aberdeen team that’s been producing a don’t give a shit attitude.    Look at the Kilmarnock game against St Mirren 2 teams that blew us away lately, look at the passion from the killie players , 2-0 down and coming back to win 5-2 .   When last did you see this Aberdeen team with the same passion to win.  Nobody knows what Dons team  is going to turn up for a game.   So there’s no way I would we won’t be  in the play off position yet.   

Just now, shooftahmooftah said:

St Johnston 2 points behind us, Ross County 3 points behind us.  Watched Ross County against Hearts and they look like they want to survive being relegated, it won’t be easy getting full or any points off them, if it’s an Aberdeen team that’s been producing a don’t give a shit attitude.    Look at the Kilmarnock game against St Mirren 2 teams that blew us away lately, look at the passion from the killie players , 2-0 down and coming back to win 5-2 .   When last did you see this Aberdeen team with the same passion to win.  Nobody knows what Dons team  is going to turn up for a game.   So there’s no way I would we won’t be  in the play off position yet.   

We'll finish top six. There you go. 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Motherwell at home when we almost won from 3-0 down after 20 mins?

1 hour ago, RUL said:

i certainly wouldn't be.

I'll stick by it. 

We can appoint an spfl manager at any point.

It is very dangerous to introduce brand news ideas before we are closer to being safe.

I'm interested as I'm gonna throw the towel in on the club if we go spfl manager

5 hours ago, RUL said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/video/connor-we-needed-the-win/

"We know what we can do now. We’re all on the same page. Today shows that if we get the ball down and play, how good we can be.

Peter Leven’s been brilliant. He’s obviously been here a while and we all know what he’s like and the way he wants to play. I think Wednesday night at Dundee, we got a bit stuck in between different managers telling us different things and we just weren’t all on the same page. It’s been tough dealing with the upheaval here, but that’s football, isn’t it? Sometimes it’s like that.

We had a good meeting together as a team and we realised the quality we’ve got on the ball and that we need to start using that. We’ve got players in that team to play nice football and today we showed what we can do. It’s important we continue that.

Every player sees things differently and takes things differently. Some like a wee arm around them and some do better for a wee rollicking. It’s been brilliant to see what Pete can do in this short space of time, starting from today I’d say. It’s just important for us to use that and kick on."

I think this tells you everything you need to know about what's been going on and what they need right now. 

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

i certainly wouldn't be.

I'll stick by it. 

We can appoint an spfl manager at any point.

It is very dangerous to introduce brand news ideas before we are closer to being safe.

I'm interested as I'm gonna throw the towel in on the club if we go spfl manager

So our choices are some mong currently managing here or ask a foreign manager with a decent pedigree if he fancies hanging off until we’re safe from relegation? Perfect. 

35 minutes ago, huncunts said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/video/connor-we-needed-the-win/

"We know what we can do now. We’re all on the same page. Today shows that if we get the ball down and play, how good we can be.

Peter Leven’s been brilliant. He’s obviously been here a while and we all know what he’s like and the way he wants to play. I think Wednesday night at Dundee, we got a bit stuck in between different managers telling us different things and we just weren’t all on the same page. It’s been tough dealing with the upheaval here, but that’s football, isn’t it? Sometimes it’s like that.

We had a good meeting together as a team and we realised the quality we’ve got on the ball and that we need to start using that. We’ve got players in that team to play nice football and today we showed what we can do. It’s important we continue that.

Every player sees things differently and takes things differently. Some like a wee arm around them and some do better for a wee rollicking. It’s been brilliant to see what Pete can do in this short space of time, starting from today I’d say. It’s just important for us to use that and kick on."

I think this tells you everything you need to know about what's been going on and what they need right now. 

He needs a bozey and a nap. 

35 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

So our choices are some mong currently managing here or ask a foreign manager with a decent pedigree if he fancies hanging off until we’re safe from relegation? Perfect. 

If you don't really believe we could be relegated then it doesnt matter.

Thats where I assume 90% of us are.

Warnock managed to come in for six league games and not win a single one. If next gaffer tries that we'll be getting relegated

• 4 weeks later...

I've never really bought into the idea that Leven has been hung out to dry by the board during this interim period. At the end of the day he's a paid employee of a decent sized club and probably enjoys his job. 

That said, there's no doubt he's done us a turn by picking up some players very low in confidence at a pretty worrying time for the club and getting some crucial points on the board. 

Combine that with his coaching background, as well as the murmurings that he never quite agreed with Robson on his style of play (which makes sense given his change to a more possession-based game), I would be quite keen to see him kept on as part of the new management team.

If it's Thelin, it would make sense to have someone with experience in Scottish football.  

4 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Hopefully out on his arse with most of the squad and rest of the backroom staff when the new boy comes in.

Away and coach somewhere else

To me he at least seems to be the best of a really bad bunch we've had this season.

Tries to play a better style of football rather than lumping it up the park all the time, the defence seems a bit tighter and he talks quite honestly in the press conferences without throwing boring cliches and phrases around at every opportunity.

Averaging 1.50 points per match in charge so easily the best manager we've had all season.