1 minute ago, Hoofball said:

What would he do that Warnock can’t. I see no point in getting rid, any new manager coming in will still have the same spineless, useless embarrassment of a squad. 

And that's it in a nutshell. with the same useless board pulling the strings. A shit show at the top and a shit show on the pitch why would anyone want to come to that. any idea that we're an attractive proposition has gone well and truly out the window now.

Warnock ain’t it.

On paper I thought it seemed a decent decision. Experienced hand to man manage these players into a few wins to get top 6.

He’s got us playing worse football than we did under Robson. I knew the quality would still be poor but I thought at least he’d be able to draw a bit of fight out of this team to grind out a few wins. The players look less interested than ever. Whatever he’s putting down, they’re not picking it up. 

1 minute ago, dj_bollocks said:

And that's it in a nutshell. with the same useless board pulling the strings. A shit show at the top and a shit show on the pitch why would anyone want to come to that. any idea that we're an attractive proposition has gone well and truly out the window now.

Agree, sacking Warnock then creates even more problems. No manager would want the job as they can see how shite and embarrassing weak the squad is both in ability and mindset. 

17 minutes ago, Millertime said:

That second paragraph is utter conjecture and ignorant in the extreme

Possibly, although I do believe it to be within the truthful ball park

You, as a liar, will struggle with that

I thought you said you were 'done' with me, would respond (in your own time 🙄) if I reminded you, and 'evidence' just what a financial and visible supporter you are?

Still waiting chum....

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Kind of hoping he resigns tbh. The attention that would get UK wide would really bring the spotlight on how badly Cormack is running the club

So then what, Cormack isn’t going anywhere and any manager who could at least bring some hope of success to Aberdeen then run a mile. Aberdeen then either end up with another inexperienced manager or a complete nut job like Adams, Lennon or Jack Ross

I'll hold my hands up and admit i was a huge cheerleader of the Warnock appointment. Looking at it now i don't think it's working and i'm not sure it will.

I don't blame Warnock however. He's working with players who weren't performing and whose confidence was shot, before he arrived.

Where his appointment may be a problem is that he'll be gone come the summer. The man's reputation is built on man management, but that requires buy in. How much buy in is he getting when the players know he's just keeping the seat warm?

Add to which a decent number of the players know for one reason or another they'll be moving on in the summer. That's got to influence what we're seeing from them right now.

Looking at things as they stand, for me our problems stem from (and this is just the last year):

Appointing a manager who wasn't ready/good enough, then waiting too long to sack him.

Inadequately scouting players, with recruitment largely based on data, primarily with a view to subsequent sales & profit.

Tactically sacking the manager by waiting till the January transfer window was as good as closed. Appointing his short-term replacement thereafter.

Bit of a cliche, but some players simply aren't good enough and frankly don't deserve to wear the shirt.

And it all tracks back to Dave Cormack.

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, davierobb said:

On paper our 11 is ahead of theirs, so it falls on the manger. The mangers job is to get the best out of what you have. Warnock is not doing his job.

Is it?

Any team with a defence containing 2 of the biggest pansies ever to play the game (Gartenmann and Jensen) straight away have a huge disadvantage.

On 2/24/2024 at 7:02 PM, Millertime said:

Well, you say that, but you've cast it up, so you must be?

You're a complete non-entity on here so nobody would have remembered anyway

Nae bother pal 😂 " non-entity" been on here longer than you and unfortunately had to read your nonsense for years, you're an absolute chocolate. 

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Is it?

Any team with a defence containing 2 of the biggest pansies ever to play the game (Gartenmann and Jensen) straight away have a huge disadvantage.

Aye. Our squad is dogshit. Just because we've spent money on them doesn't make them better on 'paper'. We've just squandered the money, that's all. 

3 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

I'll hold my hands up and admit i was a huge cheerleader of the Warnock appointment. Looking at it now i don't think it's working and i'm not sure it will.

I don't blame Warnock however. He's working with players who weren't performing and whose confidence was shot, before he arrived.

Where his appointment may be a problem is that he'll be gone come the summer. The man's reputation is built on man management, but that requires buy in. How much buy in is he getting when the players know he's just keeping the seat warm?

Add to which a decent number of the players know for one reason or another they'll be moving on in the summer. That's got to influence what we're seeing from them right now.

Looking at things as they stand, for me our problems stem from (and this is just the last year):

Appointing a manager who wasn't ready/good enough, then waiting too long to sack him.

Inadequately scouting players, with recruitment largely based on data, primarily with a view to subsequent sales & profit.

Tactically sacking the manager by waiting till the January transfer window was as good as closed. Appointing his short-term replacement thereafter.

Bit of a cliche, but some players simply aren't good enough and frankly don't deserve to wear the shirt.

And it all tracks back to Dave Cormack.

The guy is a disaster. Constantly on about lack of leaders, crazy line ups, zero style of football, belittling the players. He’s drained the players of confidence and I very much blame him because he’s fucking useless. Yeah it’s on Cormack for appointing him but it’s on warnock that we’re so bad because he’s the manager.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

When it comes to the Don's, everything decision Cormack makes seems to turn to shit.

I thought Warnock's experience would help turn things around but instead we are getting worse with every game we play. 

The Motherwell line up was a joke, back 4 against Killie was terrible, back 5 tonight was the worst performance yet. He needs to get the team playing for him but has publicly said the next manager will have a huge rebuild to do.

This is a really grim time to be a Don's fan.