He can blame the club as much / often as he likes, but he's highly culpable in this, too

He thought it would be an easy gig, tick off a box, and laugh / joke his way through it - With zero homework applied

Might be best we pay him up, thank him, tell him to go, and let a couple of the current coaches / and senior players take it from here on in

Rightly or wrongly, he's just been a bit too honest in his public analysis, and we really need those petted lipped fuckers onside right now

• Upvote 5
3 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

He can blame the club as much / often as he likes, but he's highly culpable in this, too

He thought it would be an easy gig, tick off a box, and laugh / joke his way through it - With zero homework applied

Might be best we pay him up, thank him, tell him to go, and let a couple of the current coaches / and senior players take it from here on in

Rightly or wrongly, he's just been a bit too honest in his public analysis, and we really need those petted lipped fuckers onside right now

That second paragraph is utter conjecture and ignorant in the extreme

Managers have had a mare but they have a squad thats been given to them by the Director of Football. That's been a monumental cluster on a few different levels.

There is no core to the team. None. Swapping out players like it's a game of Football Manager never ends well. We've been an on the job training programme for a couple of young managers who should never have been in the role and a Director of Football who made a PowerPoint pack that impressed the chairman. It's a total and utter clown show. The sort of stuff you'd see in the lower leagues.

The only sliver of light is that this review is acted upon and changes are made.

• Upvote 1

I didn't want him before he was appointed and I'm actually hoping he might think "fuck this for a game of soldiers" and head off home voluntarily after tonight's shitshow.

This is all on Colgate. It was clear Robson needed replacing 3-4 months back but he just can't make a decision, just lets things fester and instead of giving a permanent manager the January window to bring in much needed new players, we end up bulleting him with no time to bring in fresh recruits. And then appoints a temporary guy who qualifies comfortably for a geriatric bed if he takes unwell and needs hospitalised.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, minijc said:

I hope he does, then he goes on Sky, talksport and all that and lets everyone know what a shambles it is up here., maybe the only thing that will make Cormack wake up and fuck off.

When he took the job he presumably knew exactly what he was walking into. He knew the league position, he knew the squad he was going to have and he knew he wasn't going to be able to change the personnel. 

Whether or not he knew about Cormack and the state of the recruitment, dof and the general mismanagement behind the scenes etc is kind of irrelevant in my opinion as none of that has any bearing on what his temporary job was when he took it. That was simply to take over till the end of the season and get these players fighting until the end of the season for at least league respectability. 

Cormack doesn't take training, pick teams and formations and tactics, he doesn't motivate and lift the team. 3 defeats and 2 draws in his 5 league games are on Warnock, not Cormack, as he's the one that backed himself to somehow succeed here. He's not and I don't think anyone can see how the teams he's putting out are going to get anything out of games.

3 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

The jolly/payday/shits & giggles/anecdotes theories are nonsense. If folk think Warnock's over the hill or simply not cutting it, that's fair enough. There's no need to embellish events with fiction.

Either way, he's somehow made us worse. 

1 minute ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Neil Lennon currently staring at his phone waiting on the call. 

What would he do that Warnock can’t. I see no point in getting rid, any new manager coming in will still have the same spineless, useless embarrassment of a squad. 

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, ahead on alphabet said:

When he took the job he presumably knew exactly what he was walking into. He knew the league position, he knew the squad he was going to have and he knew he wasn't going to be able to change the personnel. 

Whether or not he knew about Cormack and the state of the recruitment, dof and the general mismanagement behind the scenes etc is kind of irrelevant in my opinion as none of that has any bearing on what his temporary job was when he took it. That was simply to take over till the end of the season and get these players fighting until the end of the season for at least league respectability. 

Cormack doesn't take training, pick teams and formations and tactics, he doesn't motivate and lift the team. 3 defeats and 2 draws in his 5 league games are on Warnock, not Cormack, as he's the one that backed himself to somehow succeed here. He's not and I don't think anyone can see how the teams he's putting out are going to get anything out of games.

There's only so much a manager can do and if the players don't bother their arses, what chance does he have?  It looks as if he was sold the "a good squad but underperforming" line.

yeah he's fucked up with a couple of line ups but sometimes players have to take the responsibility and that starts with the senior players but here's the other issue, majority of players know they are gone in the summer, so they aren't interested, what makes that a bigger issue is that there isn't a good pool of players to pick from to demote these cunts to the bench.