1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'm surprised how many people are falling for Warnock's post match interview. It's nothing that any fan with half an ounce of footballing knowledge didn't already know and can see plain as day!

It's what Warnock's response to it is which will get my attention. I also want to know why at this stage in the season people are rolling out an excuse that MacDonald isn't fit? Why isn't he fit? It's clear our central defensive pairing is powderpuff yet he's sticking with them - despite giving MacDonald a start in the cup. Something doesn't add up here for me. McKenna was "forced" into the starting 11 and look how he turned out. Lets do the same with Milne - he CANNOT be any worse than Jensen or Gartenmann.

Do people forget how elegant and silver tongued Goodwin was. Told us all what we wanted to hear......

I don't think people are 'falling' for it, more glad to see that the weaknesses that have been glaringly obvious for years are being acknowledged publicly by the manager. 

31 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I don't think people are 'falling' for it, more glad to see that the weaknesses that have been glaringly obvious for years are being acknowledged publicly by the manager. 

Will wait and see what team he starts on Wednesday. If he starts with Roos, Gartenmann and Jensen l will have major concerns regarding Warnock’s ability to get the most out of our very average squad of players.

1 hour ago, G man said:

Will wait and see what team he starts on Wednesday. If he starts with Roos, Gartenmann and Jensen l will have major concerns regarding Warnock’s ability to get the most out of our very average squad of players.

Who is he starting instead of those 3? 

as for the getting the most out the squad…what manager could? It’s an incredibly poor, imbalanced squad. Built by barry to play one way only. Which still didn’t work

2 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Who is he starting instead of those 3? 

as for the getting the most out the squad…what manager could? It’s an incredibly poor, imbalanced squad. Built by barry to play one way only. Which still didn’t work

If you are playing as badly as they are you play Doohan, McDonald and Milne.

Amazing how people keep referring to Robson but l do not believe the system of play or the players were decided by Robson. You also seem to have a short memory- Robson took over a far poorer squad when Goodwin got sacked and we finished third. At least try and give a balanced post to the discussion.

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

Yet on the flip side I'm confident that he wouldn't be so brazen if he were the newly appointed full time manager.

It's easy to be outspoken when you know you're getting paid for a short period of time and it matters not an iota what you deliver.

Just now, G man said:

If you are playing as badly as they are you play Doohan, McDonald and Milne.

Amazing how people keep referring to Robson but l do not believe the system of play or the players were decided by Robson. You also seem to have a short memory- Robson took over a far poorer squad when Goodwin got sacked and we finished third. At least try and give a balanced post to the discussion.

Doohan is pish poor. McDonald? I’d give a go. Milne…not sure yet.

I mention barry, because you mentioned the average squad of players. Barry built this squad (with the help of others). He decided the way they played, I have no doubt. Who do you think instilled the style, if not barry?  It’s his style of player, with players in to play the formation and ‘style’ of football. Warnock hasn’t had that luxury. He has, however, identified exactly where we’re lacking - he just doesn’t have a window to get players in

5 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Yet on the flip side I'm confident that he wouldn't be so brazen if he were the newly appointed full time manager.

It's easy to be outspoken when you know you're getting paid for a short period of time and it matters not an iota what you deliver.

You think? I think he would be as outspoken.

Teams are beating us as they win second balls through physical effort. We are not a physical team. 
If you look at other teams they have a physical side which our players are not stepping up to.

we all want stylish play but that starts with winning the ball and the defence doing their job, attacking the ball and starting the attack. 
At least Warnock calls the team out for the lack of physical play. I worried yesterday watching our team run on the pitch at that start of the game. Quite a few looked hesitant as Killie were raring to go

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Millertime said:

That's just unadulterated dung

Mcgrath gets stuck in

File "heart of a mouse " with "legs have gone" and "tinpot"

Cringe central

McGrath gives 110 percent and fights his corner. Can't agree with criticism that says he has the heart of a mouse. Ok he's a ball player but he grafts and closes down and competes well. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, TomballRed said:

Teams are beating us as they win second balls through physical effort. We are not a physical team. 
If you look at other teams they have a physical side which our players are not stepping up to.

we all want stylish play but that starts with winning the ball and the defence doing their job, attacking the ball and starting the attack. 
At least Warnock calls the team out for the lack of physical play. I worried yesterday watching our team run on the pitch at that start of the game. Quite a few looked hesitant as Killie were raring to go

Thing is, if you can see that, why can’t warnock? Because he’s got us playing a style of football that as you say relies on us being physical when we don’t have the players to do it? Just get the fucking ball on the deck 

Never saw the game and can’t bring myself to watch the highlights, having read back the comments on here. However, as much as I admire Warnock’s honesty, he’s basically said in his post match that both he and Dave know they need a clear out. 
while I dont disagree with the sentiment and respect his honesty, it’s dangerous to be that open publicly. Terry Butcher did that at Hibs and the players just stopped making an effort. They lost to Hamilton in the play offs and went down.

I’m assuming he hopes his comments have the opposite effect and motivate/galvanise them to do better. Based on what we’ve all seen this season, without publicly being told they’re shite until now, I have serious doubts his words will have the positive impact he’s looking for. 
We’re so bad and they strike as squad that need more of a carrot than a stick.

hope I’m wrong. 

• Upvote 2
19 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Warnock said something today which Jimmy Calderwood alluded to when he was in charge.., folk from Aberdeen city are just too nice and too soft. “Nice lads “ all that stuff. I agree with them 100% .

When I played amateur football and we got drawn against an Aberdeen city team in the cup ( not so much from outlying Aberdeenshire) we knew we were going to bully and dominate the soft cunts. Often wondered if it was due to the oil money and maybe having a ‘cushy’ lifestyle but it was always an easy game.

Now obviously the majority of the players are from overseas and outwith Aberdeen city but you just wonder if the lack of fight rubs off on the players. 

It's hard to put into words how wrong this is, so I won't bother. 

Suffice to say it's garbage and I hate you.

• Haha 14
  • Dildo 1

He blew in with all the media coverage and hype and he's speaking his mind and that's great and all. With the inability to win any game of note though and with the performances just as bad as before, you can imagine his slagging off of the players will likely worsen as he doesn't have another answer to it and these players don't seem the type to respond to that positively. It'll become just background noise as we spiral into a relegation play off. Where's the fun in that?

Just end the season now ffs. 

2 hours ago, RUL said:

Thing is, if you can see that, why can’t warnock? Because he’s got us playing a style of football that as you say relies on us being physical when we don’t have the players to do it? Just get the fucking ball on the deck 

Easier said than done. You have to win the ball first. We dont win the ball first.