1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Exactly this

Jensen/Gartenmann and even Devlin have each directly lost us more goals with mistakes than Rubezic had all season since Rubezic injury.

Rubezic for his faults is the only defender (Macdonald included) who can win a fucking tackle or a header 

Ah the age old trope of talking up players after they’ve left or are unavailable. Ruby was bombscare of a defender and cost us numerous goals by diving in unnecessarily. How many pens has he given away? Remember when he played fans said he needed a steady hand like Gartenmann talking him through the games. If he’s the saviour then we really are fucked. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I agree with that, but I think he’s become a better player in the eyes of the support after being out the team.

As you say, that’s more down to the Laurel & Hardy tribute we have at the back. 

Definitely a case of the longer he’s out the better he gets, similar with Vinnie and to an extent MacDonald. 

Just can’t understand the sheer drop in Gartennman - when he came in I thought he looked decent. At the very least a competent defender. Now it’s clear teams target him & Jensen and get a lot of joy from it. 

I've no doubt Warnocks persona in front of the media and behind closed doors with the players are very different, but I'm already getting tired of hearing shite like "I've got to get more out of the squad, are you with me?", then continuing to get less out of it with every passing game.

Not all his fault of course. A quite ridiculous decision from Cormack to sack Robson 1 day before the transfer window closes and give the new guy no opportunity to address the obvious deficiencies in the squad. Tom English was going on about sacking Warnock last night - I'm pretty sure he's been sold a bum deal by Cormack to come here. Probably told we've a good squad that are just low on confidence, not an unbalanced squad of shitebags with the worst back line in the division.

I'm just praying we can somehow get a win or 2 from somewhere to stay above County. We play them soon too, that's going to be quite a game

There not a very lot managers can say to fill in the post match as it's inevitable repetitive

I'd rather hear some honesty than some two faced waffle

what does it matter if he gives them the hard facts in public or in private , they go into a huff regardless

15 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

I think he’s come in expecting a good squad who are underperforming. He’s quickly found out it’s a team of shitebags, underperforming definitely but I’m not sure by how much. Just how we can go from winning at Ibrox, drawing away at PAOK (let’s not mention Frankfurt as it was a glorified friendly for them) to the current showing is mind boggling. 

I’m sure he’s criticised them in training so he maybe thought doing it publicly might trigger a reaction. That said, I agree that he perhaps should’ve thought it might not be the best course of action considering he’d already said they were too nice with not many leaders. 

Again, reactive and not proactive from the board. They should always have a list of potential managers for the day we sack the current one (or he’s poached by another team lol). We clearly didn’t. The next thing to do was to get someone in who was gonna be able to work with the current squad as is, as they didn’t bother their arse getting someone in early to make changes. They didn’t, and they looked at this team of powder puff fannies and thought “you know who’ll get a reaction from these low on confidence players? Neil Warnock. He’s done it in England so he’ll do it again”. They definitely thought he’d come in, pick up wins here and there and let them coast to at very worst 7th while they dick about with a review. We’re now looking at the very real possibility that we could be relegated and the whole review is rendered useless. “Well this review was for a top flight side with ambitions of European football. The list of managers we’ve found will now need to be downgraded to someone who’ll drop down to the championship. What about Malky Mackay?”

On paper we have some very good footballers. Shame Warnock is only interested in the Warnock show and is more than happy to throw them under the bus to deflect from his dire management. Back 3 again last night! Wow beggars belief.

12 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Definitely a case of the longer he’s out the better he gets, similar with Vinnie and to an extent MacDonald. 

Just can’t understand the sheer drop in Gartennman - when he came in I thought he looked decent. At the very least a competent defender. Now it’s clear teams target him & Jensen and get a lot of joy from it. 

100% 

1 minute ago, Rubin said:

There not a very lot managers can say to fill in the post match as it's inevitable repetitive

I'd rather hear some honesty than some two faced waffle

what does it matter if he gives them the hard facts in public or in private , they go into a huff regardless

Agree with this. They play for the public and get paid by the public, so they can surely face the criticism when it is rightly due.

It says a lot about players character when they cant take criticism. For some people in all walks of life, it is either fight or flight and they can either try and prove him wrong (which was his hope in all of this) or put in a show like most players did last night and again against Killie. Even Miovski looked like he had downed tools last night and Shinnie was the only one running himself into the ground that I could see. 

They need to pick themselves up, dust themselves off and start fighting for their future careers, because right now they aren't showing they have any quality that they showed earlier in the season. 

Cormack needs to give himself a shake though. I will never blame Warnock for this situation we are in and to me the biggest issue here is the interim appointment in the first place. It shows how utterly arrogant Cormack is that he thought he could by himself time and we would just quietly chip away until the end of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

On paper we have some very good footballers. Shame Warnock is only interested in the Warnock show and is more than happy to throw them under the bus to deflect from his dire management. Back 3 again last night! Wow beggars belief.

On the other hand, Robson continued defending the cunts in his post match interviews and that didn’t get a reaction from them either. I don’t think the way he’s handled things are right, but I don’t think he’s deflecting. He’s wrongly thought that trying that would initiate a positive reaction.

Just now, pittodriepie83 said:

On the other hand, Robson continued defending the cunts in his post match interviews and that didn’t get a reaction from them either. I don’t think the way he’s handled things are right, but I don’t think he’s deflecting. He’s wrongly thought that trying that would initiate a positive reaction.

We'll agree to disagree. For me it's a perfect combination with Cormack and Warnock - both love themselves and believe their own hype.

Just now, sooth_stander said:

Apparently, according to Gary Scott, if you don't think Malky is a racist, that makes you a racist.

Bearded Brewdog prick

It’s that he thinks we should give a fuck? Nobody cares about Malky or your pointless updates about the women’s team. I liked the podcast but just think it’s gone stale with the same folk on it and when they review games they weren’t even at or even bothered to watch it gets on my wick 

8 minutes ago, RUL said:

It’s that he thinks we should give a fuck? Nobody cares about Malky or your pointless updates about the women’s team. I liked the podcast but just think it’s gone stale with the same folk on it and when they review games they weren’t even at or even bothered to watch it gets on my wick 

Used to be a good show but shit now.

whether you think Malky is a racist or not, to be told by someone that if you don’t agree, that makes you complicit, is arrogant and frankly idiotic 

The Here We Go podcast is the go to one, in my opinion 

We have to get a decent manager in and it needs to be done now. All this pussying about with Warnock as interim manager is costing us. 

He was a journeyman manager from the south (and a bang average one at that) with a bit of patter. That’s not what we need, we need someone who can come in and get the best out of this squad that’s been generally underperforming all season 

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

We have to get a decent manager in and it needs to be done now. All this pussying about with Warnock as interim manager is costing us. 

He was a journeyman manager from the south (and a bang average one at that) with a bit of patter. That’s not what we need, we need someone who can come in and get the best out of this squad that’s been generally underperforming all season 

Sacking Warnock would make us a laughing stock and should be the final nail in the coffin of the Cormack era. Right or wrong decision, it would be a farce beyond anything I have ever seen at the club. 

Laughing stock or not, we need to arrest the slide into relegation, and Warnock isn't going to do that.

I'd rather we're a laughing stock today so we aren't a Championship side tomorrow.

Get him gone.

• Upvote 1

It would be the correct decision. There must be a manager we have in mind for the permanent position. Just get him in now and let him start the process of planning for next season. That could mean planning for a season in the fucking Championship, hopefully not but it's difficult to see the current side picking up many points between now and the end of the season. But at least the new boss could find out exactly who needs chasing out the club (difficult as it might prove to be if they've got years left on their contracts) and what positions (reality is every single one) need new players brought in.