Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Aberdeen

btw I still think that we've got a kernel of good players here. They are obviously not able to find the grit when shit is going against them so if they're staying they need those around him who can but at this stage if we were to lose the entire team and start again I wouldn't complain. Don't think (m)any of them are showing enough in adversity to suggest they have the heart for playing at this level.

1 hour ago, a don in oz said:

btw I still think that we've got a kernel of good players here. They are obviously not able to find the grit when shit is going against them so if they're staying they need those around him who can but at this stage if we were to lose the entire team and start again I wouldn't complain. Don't think (m)any of them are showing enough in adversity to suggest they have the heart for playing at this level.

You are contradicting yourself here. 

That was pathetic today and there was very little evidence of anything approaching a reasonable level. 

We have been honking for the last 3 months of Mcinnes’s reign and apart from a 2 month spell under Robson every month since. 

Since our non dom die hard fan thought he could run a football club. 

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

That was pathetic today and there was very little evidence of anything approaching a reasonable level. 

We have been honking for the last 3 months of Mcinnes’s reign and apart from a 2 month spell under Robson every month since. 

This is ultimately it. Well intentioned I don’t doubt but Cormack invariably gets the big decisions wrong.

1 hour ago, elephantstone78 said:

Not really. Just being realistic. We're not going to get a new team as much as I wouldn't complain if we did. We do have a few players who can play but it appears they don't have heart for when the chips are down, so we need people in who do who can hopefully supplement them. Maybe over the next 1-3 years we can get them all replaced with players with that but realistically I don't know if it's doable. 

It's going to take someone with more money than Cormack and more willingness to throw money into a pit where it vanishes forever to fix this team more quickly and do we want to be a club like that? Dependent on the whim and bank balance of a rich type? 

48 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

It's going to take someone with more money than Cormack and more willingness to throw money into a pit where it vanishes forever to fix this team more quickly and do we want to be a club like that? Dependent on the whim and bank balance of a rich type? 

Yes

2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

There's something rotten in the state of pittodrie.

I was against Warnock staying beyond end of the season. Still am. But honestly, why the fuck would he want to stay? Being outplayed by Kilmarnock. Kilfuckingmarnock. Gimme strength 

Sounds far too close to 'kill fucking Warnock'.

🙄

What pisses me off is we have to go through months of pointless football games to get this season over with.

With zero to look forward to.

We won't get past Killie in the cup I suspect.

To see the likes of Watson and Kennedy play better than any of our team is sickening!!!

Hopefully these months pass quickly and let's get replacements in and a new defence.

Spend some decent cash. Take gambles..go into some debt..i dont care but for the love of fuck make us a decent side again who can compete in all competitions instead of this utter shite we have become in the last few years.

The amount of fans who seem content with mediocre signings is incredible.

Our whole team other than Miovski is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

We have been & will be a lot of teams easiest three points of the season this season. A Killie supporting work pal said the same last night. Teams put the bare minimum of effort & fight against us and that’s pretty much the game won.

Shinnie’s badge thumping only carries him so far when he’s not got Ramadani doing most of his work for him. I want to like Polvara but it’s been said previously, for a guy of his height he should be dominating games but he’s absolutely powder puff. Connor “build the team around him” Barron is not the messiah many think he is. Screams volumes that we’ve spent a decent wedge on the defence and Jack Mackenzie has arguably been our best defender over the piece. Devlins fallen off a cliff since the winter break.

Apart from David Watson there isn’t one Killie player who I’d want us to sign, yet all they have to do is get the basics right & show a bit of desire & the coast a 2-0 win. Embarrassing stuff. 

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Apart from David Watson there isn’t one Killie player who I’d want us to sign, yet all they have to do is get the basics right & show a bit of desire & the coast a 2-0 win. Embarrassing stuff. 

And he’s not even a starter for Killie. I’d take Findlay and Armstrong.

It's strange that a team that has been capable of some decent results this season can be so bad.If you take Gartenmann as an example many wanted him signed up permanent after his first few games.And now?And now beaten 3 times this season by a manager and a few players deemed not good enough for us.The 3 top positions at afc are held by people with no previous experience in playing coaching or managing football.That wouldn't matter too much if we appointed a  good manager who was allowed to manage.

1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

It's strange that a team that has been capable of some decent results this season can be so bad.If you take Gartenmann as an example many wanted him signed up permanent after his first few games.And now?And now beaten 3 times this season by a manager and a few players deemed not good enough for us.The 3 top positions at afc are held by people with no previous experience in playing coaching or managing football.That wouldn't matter too much if we appointed a  good manager who was allowed to manage.

No manager of any quality will commit to coming to Pittodrie until our position in the league for next season is secure. That looks more in doubt every week. 
l suspect Gartenmann knows he does not want to be here next season and is looking to his next move and that doesn’t involve fighting a relegation battle. Performances remind me of the games towards the end of Goodwin's first season when he was asking players to ensure the club stayed in the league when they knew they were moving on. I would not fancy our chances in a relegation play off.

2 hours ago, ERNIE said:

It's strange that a team that has been capable of some decent results this season can be so bad.If you take Gartenmann as an example many wanted him signed up permanent after his first few games

It's the same every time. Someone has a half decent game on their loan debut and folk want him signed up for years. This place is littered with comments like that. 

It would be better for folk to hold their powder for a couple of months and see if players are going to consistently contribute before going all in after 90 minutes. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's the same every time. Someone has a half decent game on their loan debut and folk want him signed up for years. This place is littered with comments like that. 

It would be better for folk to hold their powder for a couple of months and see if players are going to consistently contribute before going all in after 90 minutes. 

I think there's nothing wrong with saying a player looked decent in his first few games. I thought he did as well. 

I did wonder why he was (not) playing in the Danish 2nd division though if he was the player he looked like he might be after the first few matches. The answer is now clear.

Just now, Dandyesque said:

I think there's nothing wrong with saying a player looked decent in his first fee games. I thought he did as well. 

Aye but folk were saying we needed to tie him down to a permanent deal straight away when he was just in the door. 

Imagine if we'd done that, now he'd be getting included in the waste of money lists. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye, remember Jerel Ifil down at Hull City - “Sign him up, sign him up” etc etc

19 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think he has. We were getting beaten by Killie, Hibs and St Mirren before he came through the door.

He's trying to play a different tune with the same broken instruments.  But broken instruments are broken instruments regardless who is playing them. 

It's like asking Paul McCartney to write you a bass line on a Hofner with only one string. 

Love Status Quo 

Totally outclassed by a Kilmarnock team with average players set up well and hungry for the game. Warnock should be kicking some arses, but will he bother seeing he is only here till the end of the season ? Remit now will be to keep us out of the relegation places which he should easily do due to the shittieness of Livi and Rossco who have their own problems. 

There was no class in that Killie team. The most worrying thing yesterday was how pish we were. I already knew Killie were shite.  Folk speaking like Killie were Brazil 70 they were far from it.  Two utter dog shit teams in a rank rotten league. 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Findlay would walk into our team. Not sure why we didn't go for him, should have been on the radar 

Our player trading model has given us Myovski Duk Clarkson Ruby  whereas I suppose the Killie method is to get the best players you can on their budget and to fit them into a team that gets points in the Spl.

11 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Our player trading model has given us Myovski Duk Clarkson Ruby  whereas I suppose the Killie method is to get the best players you can on their budget and to fit them into a team that gets points in the Spl.

Our player trading model should also include players known to us that would improve our first team.