Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Aberdeen

is there some disgruntled hun out there that would like to get even with sevco?
fergies bitterness as we all know against the dead club was the very thing that elevated us  and perhaps could work again. 
any suggestions?
warburton,didnt he leave feeling bitter about the hun?

12 minutes ago, red kelly said:

is there some disgruntled hun out there that would like to get even with sevco?
fergies bitterness as we all know against the dead club was the very thing that elevated us  and perhaps could work again. 
any suggestions?
warburton,didnt he leave feeling bitter about the hun?

What about one who played for rangers but turned their back on them when they went out of business. And is now doing a brilliant job with a small team from Edinburgh and has them well ahead of the pack. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Lol

You mean, because mcinnes had done so well to get us to that stage,  you mean?

No. 

In 2012 Rangers played in the 3rd division. 

Hearts went into administration during McInnes’ spell. 

It was the easiest it’s been to be Aberdeen manager and a great chance to win trophies. I like McInnes but it’s facts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
33 minutes ago, redone said:

No , that’s your opinion. 

It could be argued that the quality of the players available to and partly acquired by Fergie made him the manager with the best opportunity to collect trophies.

Fergie’s team was ranked best in Europe at one point.  And in the early 80s beat Bayern , Real Madrid and the European Cup holders to win trophies .  And knocked the team who had won the UEFA Cup a few months earlier out of that cup. 
And the financial gulf between us and the Arse cheeks (and even the top English clubs) was nothing then like it is now , and has been for the last 20 years.  Meaning Fergie could , for instance, buy a player for a Scottish record transfer fee.
And crucially was able to keep the majority of the players for a fair length of time.

He won the trophies cause he’s the best manager in football history. Not because he was given a great team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

No. 

It was the easiest it’s been to be Aberdeen manager and a great chance to win trophies. I like McInnes but it’s facts.

Who are this Rangers you speak of?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
23 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

He won the trophies cause he’s the best manager in football history. Not because he was given a great team.

Yes he's a great manager but most of the team were already there .He only had to sign Weir and Mcghee to replace Archibald. Incredible really.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Our player trading model has given us Myovski Duk Clarkson Ruby  whereas I suppose the Killie method is to get the best players you can on their budget and to fit them into a team that gets points in the Spl.

And with a decent manager who has a good proven record of ensuring his teams are hard to beat it's a combination that's far superior to anything that a Cormack appointment has managed.

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

No. 

Lol

If that's seriously the way you look at it, you're beyond saving

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Lol

If that's seriously the way you look at it, you're beyond saving

Can’t form an argument so you reply with that. 

McInnes done a great job but how can you even argue that it was an easier time to succeed and achieve things such as 2nd than it is now?

Genuinely, you’re twisting yourself in knots and making a cunt of yourself (again). 

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Can’t form an argument so you reply with that. 

McInnes done a great job but how can you even argue that it was an easier time to succeed and achieve things such as 2nd than it is now?

Genuinely, you’re twisting yourself in knots and making a cunt of yourself (again). 

It wasn't an easier time

What, because historically big clubs weren't there?

That makes no sense

Can you not laud anyone in the EPL then since Nottingham Forest had been out the league for ages?

Its a silly argument 

Just now, Millertime said:

It wasn't an easier time

That makes no sense

Can you not laud anyone in the EPL then since Nottingham Forest had been out the league for ages?

Its a silly argument 

You're very confrontational the last couple days MT.

I like it.

11 hours ago, DelMonte said:

No. 

Hearts were shit the season they went down and were relegated due to the 15 points deduction, but they would still have ended up in the playoff as they were so far behind 10th placed Partick Thistle. I'll say it again - they were so shit they were 15 points behind Partick Thistle. 

Sometimes Hibs not being in the top division counts against McInnes as well. They were 11 points behind Thistle without any points deduction and were even worse than Hearts, losing a playoff. 

I find it hard to accept that the 2 worst teams in the league being relegated make the league appreciably easier.

As for the Huns, they were still spunking thousands a week on players in the 3rd division,  so we probably still only had the 3rd highest budget in the cup competitions, although they'd have been less far ahead than before. I'd suggest that's more than countered by finishing above them when they got back up. Twice.

All in, love him or hate him, the "McInnes had it easy" argument is utter pish.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Dandyesque said:

Hearts were shit the season they went down and were relegated due to the 15 points deduction, but they would still have ended up in the playoff as they were so far behind 10th placed Partick Thistle. I'll say it again - they were so shit they were 15 points behind Partick Thistle. 

Sometimes Hibs not being in the top division counts against McInnes as well. They were 11 points behind Thistle without any points deduction and were even worse than Hearts, losing a playoff. 

I find it hard to accept that the 2 worst teams in the league being relegated make the league appreciably easier.

As for the Huns, they were still spunking thousands a week on players in the 3rd division,  so we probably still only had the 3rd highest budget in the cup competitions, although they'd have been less far ahead than before. I'd suggest that's more than countered by finishing above them when they got back up. Twice.

All in, love him or hate him, the "McInnes had it easy" argument is utter pish.

I think you misunderstand the point.

Hearts were shite and so were hibs. At the time rangers were also weaker. Nobody is saying they weren’t shite and didn’t deserve to go down.

but in a normal season you wouldn’t have expected that to be the case. Mcinnes got lucky in that regard and took advantage of it.

its like hearts this season. League’s absolutely shite and they’ve taken advantage. 

12 minutes ago, RUL said:

Hearts were shite and so were hibs. At the time rangers were also weaker. Nobody is saying they weren’t shite and didn’t deserve to go down.

but in a normal season you wouldn’t have expected that to be the case. Mcinnes got lucky in that regard and took advantage of it.

its like hearts this season. League’s absolutely shite and they’ve taken advantage. 

When are Hibs ever not shit?

I don’t see the relevance of even mentioning them. They got themselves relegated cause they were so bad. Then took THREE seasons to get back up. Losing a play off to Falkirk in the process. Then when they came up the only season they finished above mcinnes, when they were a few points ahead in 3rd, we sacked him cause it was that embarrassing. 

ironically the Hibs team that eventually won the championship would probably finish 3rd in the premiership this and the last 2 seasons 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

When are Hibs ever not shit?

I don’t see the relevance of even mentioning them. They got themselves relegated cause they were so bad. Then took THREE seasons to get back up. Losing a play off to Falkirk in the process. Then when they came up the only season they finished above mcinnes, when they were a few points ahead in 3rd, we sacked him cause it was that embarrassing. 

ironically the Hibs team that eventually won the championship would probably finish 3rd in the premiership this and the last 2 seasons 

Yeah I was just explaining that nobody was disagreeing hibs were shite. As you say they were probably irrelevant but the Huns and hearts imploding at the time definitely wasn’t. 

6 hours ago, Millertime said:

It wasn't an easier time

That makes no sense

Its a silly argument 

Haha, you know you’re speaking shite now. 

Just now, Millertime said:

In all seriousness,  the quicker you get out that mindset the better for you

Aye, you’re right, McInnes competing with Motherwell and Caley Thistle for 2nd in his first few years was a lot harder than competing for it now. Amazing insight, brilliant 👍

• Haha 1
Just now, DelMonte said:

Aye, you’re right, McInnes competing with Motherwell and Caley Thistle for 2nd in his first few years was a lot harder than competing for it now. Amazing insight, brilliant 👍

Thats a genuine cringe, right there

You're wrong, but you refuse to see it

Nothing else I can do for you

Bye

35 minutes ago, RUL said:

Yeah I was just explaining that nobody was disagreeing hibs were shite. As you say they were probably irrelevant but the Huns and hearts imploding at the time definitely wasn’t. 

Mostly agree with you. 

but hearts were only gone for a season. When they came back up they finished 3rd and pushed us a decent bit.

Embarrassingly i think they took 7 points out of 9 from us the season they went down as well.   

the fact some teams inferior to us won trophies and we got knocked out the cup by some shite outfits in that time certainly points towards the fact we should have won more trophies though 

1 hour ago, RUL said:

It's been that way for quite a few seasons really - I've said it many a time, you only need to be slightly better than crap to finish 3rd in the SPL. It's not much of an achievement - I mean look at last season, we gave the teams above us a half-season head starts, and somehow managed to end up 3rd basically due to a purple patch where we found some consistency. 

Hearts have managed to be slightly better than crap this season generally so they'll be 3rd. Kilmarnock are crap and they will likely finish 4th because they have a manager who knows how to build and set up a team to scrape results in this crappy league.

After that everyone is crap without managers who can do the above. 

The quality of football is so bad it's hard to believe what you're watching sometimes. We must be off our heads putting ourselves through it every week.

9 hours ago, DelMonte said:

ultimately do agree cause easier to get 2nd when rangers weren’t there. But think a lot is being made of hearts hibs not being around  

I think this is a bit of an arrogance that you see from Glasgow. 

motherwell, caley thistle & Dundee United had very good teams around them. Their teams around 2013-15 would likely coast the current league. 

but it’s not a hearts or Hibs badge so you don’t care. 

its like Aberdeen pushed Celtic up to April in 2015 & 16. We finished 9 points behind them in 18. But that wasn’t competitive or a title challenge to the media. No, but rangers finishing 20-25 points behind Celtic in 2nd and “Scottish football is back” !!

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

ultimately do agree cause easier to get 2nd when rangers weren’t there. But think a lot is being made of hearts hibs not being around  

I think this is a bit of an arrogance that you see from Glasgow. 

motherwell, caley thistle & Dundee United had very good teams around them. Their teams around 2013-15 would likely coast the current league. 

but it’s not a hearts or Hibs badge so you don’t care. 

its like Aberdeen pushed Celtic up to April in 2015 & 16. We finished 9 points behind them in 18. But that wasn’t competitive or a title challenge to the media. No, but rangers finishing 20-25 points behind Celtic in 2nd and “Scottish football is back” !!

Hibs and Hearts were weak but agree with that part. They both deserved to go down.

Coast the league as in finish 3rd you mean? 

There quite simply was never a title challenge. 

It was an easier time to win a trophy however than now. It’s just a fact.

9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Hibs and Hearts were weak but agree with that part. They both deserved to go down.

I'm not sure about easier, but looking back it was certainly a weird time in our game. For instance, in the year Hibs won the cup they didn't get promoted....they were beaten in the Championship plays-offs by Falkirk. 

The Rangers were certainly a weaker team, but other teams such as St Johnstone, ICT, Falkirk, the Dabs and a few others were stronger than they are now. 

Not strong enough over a season to stop us being 3rd in the league, but certainly good enough to beat us in one-off games and in the cup (as often happened).

However, the bottom line is that the period from 2014 to 2016....3 seasons....was a golden opportunity missed to win at least one Scottish cup. I'm still haunted by that 2nd half at Ibrox against the Fermers. 

26 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Aye, sorry, I meant coast 3rd. 

we were right in the mix going into the last 3rd of the season a couple times. Media would be wetting their pants with excitement if it was rangers. 

agree on trophies though. The fact so many teams picked one up confirms it. Sevco were weak and Celtic were complacent. 

On 2/24/2024 at 4:28 PM, minijc said:

Lol

Look at the shitshow that unfolds in front of him which forces him to try do something, he has still contributed more good than bad for the team.

The oracle, alas, is somehow incorrect.