Aberdeen 0 - 2 St Johnstone

16 minutes ago, thurso said:

Why exactly did you think it would be better under Warnock. Lot of people were delighted saying it would be entertaining he would shake up Scottish football but he’s like any other pish manager coming up from the south 

Considering Robson had no idea what he was doing I thought anyone would have done a better job. Thought he would shore up the defence for 1. And we still have Bojan to win us games. 

In fairness to Robson although he made alot of stupid decisions the players did seem to play for him. You would almost think they had downed tools for Warnock. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, slippers said:

Considering Robson had no idea what he was doing I thought anyone would have done a better job. Thought he would shore up the defence for 1. And we still have Bojan to win us games. 

In fairness to Robson although he made alot of stupid decisions the players did seem to play for him. You would almost think they had downed tools for Warnock. 

It very much looks this way, easy life under Robson who just made excuses for them week after week.

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

We need more than Livi.... 11th and you think these spineless cunts are winning a play off? I wouldn't bet on it.

I never said they would win anything, just saying Lucky livi can't get points 👍 

It's pretty obvious Warnocks never had the players behind him since he joined, I honestly think he will just say fuck this. 

We can blame managers all we want but the players need to give a lot more than they have been. 

You can handle players being off form if they're still grafting but there's really no effort from them at all. That's on them. 

They don't compete for high balls or second balls. They are weak in the tackle. They stand off and let players cross. They are slow to react. There's barely any movement. They're a disgrace. 

• Upvote 5
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We can blame managers all we want but the players need to give a lot more than they have been. 

You can handle players being off form if they're still grafting but there's really no effort from them at all. That's on them. 

They don't compete for high balls or second balls. They are weak in the tackle. They stand off and let players cross. They are slow to react. There's barely any movement. They're a disgrace. 

Excellent post.

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I completely agree, min. However, they’re snowflakes too. You’re spot on in your player assessment, but NW lacked emotional intelligence on Saturday when he criticised the snowflakes publicly. I don’t think, with this bunch of players that was going to have the right effect. Tonight they jusy retreated further into their shell. Admittedly, I left at half time 

i use the term snowflakes to try and sound down with the young loons 

6 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I completely agree, min. However, they’re snowflakes too. You’re spot on in your player assessment, but NW lacked emotional intelligence on Saturday when he criticised the snowflakes publicly. I don’t think, with this bunch of players that was going to have the right effect. Tonight they jusy retreated further into their shell. Admittedly, I left at half time 

i use the term snowflakes to try and sound down with the young loons 

Aye.  He's had a reaction from players in the past using these tactics but our lot are so weak they are beyond hope.  Defend them and they get complacent, criticise them and they crumble. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye.  He's had a reaction from players in the past using these tactics but our lot are so weak they are beyond hope.  Defend then and they get complacent, criticise them and they crumble. 

Bang on. Think he said last week, ‘Shinnie is the only one that talks’…

Nae leaders..

Lineup for St Mirren is anyone's guess. He made changes for tonight and we were even worse than Saturday. Not sure there's many others he can throw in unless he wants to give Ryan Duncan a game. I honestly don't know who I'd pick any more myself, every single one of them have been rotten for weeks now. I don't know what formation would work, or what lineup. We're so soft at the back, powderpuff in midfield, no width, and possibly the worst keeper in the league. 

Warnock might have 100 years of experience but I can't see how he's going to fix this and he doesn't seem to know either.

• Like 1

Cormack has made millions in his business life. I cannot imagine for one moment he surround himself with shit management and shit workers during those times 

What the fuck has changed 

If your people cannot cut in your business you get rid of them and bring in people who can even if it costs a little more 

You cannot just get rid one, you need to get rid of all the coaches and operational staff including Gunn . The club wont change direction until he boots them all out.  To many people have conformable extremely well paid positions at the club for doing fuck all. 

A job at Aberdeen FC is seen as easy work where there is no ambition to make a diffidence its a case of pick up a very nice wage and go home and put your slippers on watch a few players on You Tube with a view to recruiting them   

Easy life for some and thats how Aberdeen FC roles on and on 

19 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Cormack has made millions in his business life. I cannot imagine for one moment he surround himself with shit management and shit workers during those times 

What the fuck has changed 

If your people cannot cut in your business you get rid of them and bring in people who can even if it costs a little more 

You cannot just get rid one, you need to get rid of all the coaches and operational staff including Gunn . The club wont change direction until he boots them all out.  To many people have conformable extremely well paid positions at the club for doing fuck all. 

A job at Aberdeen FC is seen as easy work where there is no ambition to make a diffidence its a case of pick up a very nice wage and go home and put your slippers on watch a few players on You Tube with a view to recruiting them   

Easy life for some and thats how Aberdeen FC roles on and on 

I would imagine he had a technical understanding to some depth in his business ventures as well as acumen. I think the problem here is he thinks he has a technical understanding of how to run the football club, but he doesn’t. As soon as he accepts that, gets out his ego, sacks like minded yes men and employs people with the right technical skills the better. 
getting out his ego, being the biggest challenge for him.

That first 30 mins was the worst i've seen in years which is pretty damning.

We couldnt do anything and St Johnstone were almost as bad.

2 players on Clark when he shouldve scored as the ball hit his chest.

Roos dont goalkeepers practice catching balls from crosses.

At least twice he punched the ball when he couldve caught it.

Fucking amateur.

Gartenmann needs to hand his wages back. Utter shite player.What a 6 yard miss that was!!!

Jensen cannot direct a header.

Barron and Shinnie tried but wrong decision making again.

Duk no confidence or skill anymore.

Clarkson...like a little boy chasing a balloon in a storm.

Hayes passed it.

McDonald was safe I guess.

Warnock is definitely not the man for the job but he's working with players who simply haven't got much skill.

First touches by us tonight were embarrassing.

It's going to take a long time to sort all this shit out and we have a manager's curse hanging over us as usual.

Sad fucking times. 

We have, unfortunately, completely stifled Miovski since Warnock arrived. I think objectively Warnock is a good manager; or at the very least, he’s mastered his niche. That being, he comes in, does a short term rally, and off he pops into the sunset, much revered. He’s tried to enforce the same niche here but it isn’t working, primarily because the players are all, bar a couple, shrinking violets. The problem Warnock has now is that he’s alienated at least half of them (I’m thinking the likes of Devlin, Clarkson, Sokler, and yes, even Morris). We may all think these players are shite/not good enough, but that toxicity will rot through the club and affect their locker room mates. The majority of the other half want away anyway (Roos, Duk, Miovski, Barron). What are you left with? Shinnie trying to do everything. A couple of complete wasters like Jensen and Gartenmann. And really, not much else. 

Warnock has got to try and galvanise them. Tell a few lies. In my eyes, the way he’s gone about things is very similar to when Goodwin just blurted out to half the players that he didn’t want them and they all gave up (understandably). Warnock hasn’t quite said those words, but his actions are effectively the same thing. 

TLDR: we’re shite. 

Just now, Poodler said:

The post match reaction video on redtv isn’t working - wonder if dodgy dave has pulled it 

The footage on redtv was fucked all game, consistently cutting out to a ‘uplynk - we’ll be back soon’ message. Rob McLean actually said ‘it might not have been a bad one to not be able to watch’ or words to that effect 😃