Aberdeen 0 - 2 St Johnstone

1 minute ago, Daisy1903 said:

What he say?

Along the lines of should we get rid of Warnock. Not happy with comments stating Kilmarnock and St mirren favourites against us. Negativity maybe rubbing off. Miller saying he is a bit of a dinosaur wanting players to get booked etc.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Along the lines of should we get rid of Warnock. Not happy with comments stating Kilmarnock and St mirren favourites against us. Negativity maybe rubbing off. Miller saying he is a bit of a dinosaur wanting players to get booked etc.

What he's saying is absolutely correct though.

But I'm not convinced he is coaching them well.

I mean first touches going awry every game. Basic skills.

Teaching Roos to catch a ball from a cross.

Teaching Gartenmann to attack the ball and make a decisive clearance when tracking back and to score from 5 yards when having a clear header.

Teaching Jensen to head a ball to a player.

Teaching Clarkson to keep the ball low and drive it at the goals rather than sky it over.

Teaching Duk to believe in himself and try inject some pace back into him.(sprinting sessions) and to sometimes make a pass instead of taking on 2 opppsition players down the line.

Teaching Shinnie (who played some nice football last night) to control the ball better and pass when under pressure.

Teaching Barron to control the midfield more and run at defences.

• Upvote 2

Dropping Nicky Devlin who is consistently between a 6/7 in terms of performance and has even chipped in with a goal now is bizarre. The guy is a solid SPFL player and ok he made a mistake in the last game, and has maybe had a couple this season but compared to some of the bombscares we have he's like Maldini in comparison!

At this point i'd go with:

Doohan

Devlin                                          Milne                          MacDonald                     Shinnie

Barron                Clarkson           Polvara

McGrath

Sokler                                      Miovski

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Warnock is not the problem, the players are 

Regardless of feelings towards Warnock. You are right. Warnock has merely inherited this shambles. 

His job to get a tune out of them, absolutely. But this is a culmination of the last 4+ years.

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

^^^ that's a belting formation 😳🤣

Clarkson and Barron can't play together it's shows when we play them together we get overwhelmed, plenty stats show this, I don't know what they do at Cormack park, shame as probably our 2 most talented players. 

I made it work in FM24, i'll make it work in reality ;)

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Regardless of feelings towards Warnock. You are right. Warnock has merely inherited this shambles. 

His job to get a tune out of them, absolutely. But this is a culmination of the last 4+ years.

This. 

Warnock is culpable to a certain extent, but you can only pish with the cock you've got. He inherited a poorly balanced squad with weak defenders, a keeper who wants to leave, a powderpuff midfield, and no width at all. 

On top of that, most of these players know they won't be here next season and all of them lack any kind of confidence or drive. 

Saying that, it's extremely worrying that we're capitulating to the likes of St Johnstone. We're starting to look like a team in freefall. 

If Warnock can't halt this slide.....and I mean by Saturday..... then better he just step aside and allow Peter Leven to take control again. 

I don't think this is the time to throw a youngster into a toxic environment. Thought Milne was as poor as everyone else. I also agree that the writing was on the wall when we dropped Devlin and McKenzie. They will have more good games than not. We need a settled team to get enough time to gel. Too much reactionary dropping players doesn't help.

5 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

I’d start games with 5 at the back never mind 3 or 4. Park our bus and draw our way out of trouble. Then again we lose goals with a’body back at corners so maybe that’s not an option either. Fuck knows how to stop the rot. 

Could do the 4 at the back but play 5 in midfield where the 2 wide players become full backs without the ball and the 4 become like 4 CB's - 6 in a line across the box, 3 CM's to chase about and cover spaces outside the box and Miovski standing up top waiting for a hoof! Bar a worldy we get 10 0-0's and stay up - easy!

8 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

I’d start games with 5 at the back never mind 3 or 4. Park our bus and draw our way out of trouble. Then again we lose goals with a’body back at corners so maybe that’s not an option either. Fuck knows how to stop the rot. 

We should get this guy “Fuck” in as the new temporary manager then

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Miovski deserves slack for previous games but he was shocking last night, right up there with our worst players. Lazy.

Don't disagree. He's been really poor the last few games. Chalk and cheese from the player who was pretty much single handedly keeping us in games for most of the season. Could definitely tell he was frustrated yesterday, while most of the other players showed no emotion at all.

56 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

What he's saying is absolutely correct though.

But I'm not convinced he is coaching them well.

I mean first touches going awry every game. Basic skills.

Teaching Roos to catch a ball from a cross.

Teaching Gartenmann to attack the ball and make a decisive clearance when tracking back and to score from 5 yards when having a clear header.

Teaching Jensen to head a ball to a player.

Teaching Clarkson to keep the ball low and drive it at the goals rather than sky it over.

Teaching Duk to believe in himself and try inject some pace back into him.(sprinting sessions) and to sometimes make a pass instead of taking on 2 opppsition players down the line.

Teaching Shinnie (who played some nice football last night) to control the ball better and pass when under pressure.

Teaching Barron to control the midfield more and run at defences.

Think it's gone beyond coaching now.

Just spend the week getting the players ready for a scrap. Your minimum requirement for the rest of the season is to close down the opposition, put a tackle in, challenge in the air and make sure you're first to the 2nd balls.

You can guarantee the teams round about us will be trying that. If we do it too, then the little bit extra quality and points we have should see us fine.

This job will be much easier if Roos, Gart and Jensen aren't seen again for the rest of the season. It's unbelievable that they're at fault for almost every goal, yet they seem undroppable. They are 3 of the 4 weakest (Polvara) players we have and they make up the spine of this team. They're also technically not very good, so I've no idea why they play.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Don't disagree. He's been really poor the last few games. Chalk and cheese from the player who was pretty much single handedly keeping us in games for most of the season. Could definitely tell he was frustrated yesterday, while most of the other players showed no emotion at all.

I agree. Major red flags now.

A change is required. I'd probably recommend a sales valuation of between £1.5m - £2.25m based on recent showings.

Extremely disappointing and the data backs it up.

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

I agree. Major red flags now.

A change is required. I'd probably recommend a sales valuation of between £1.5m - £2.25m based on recent showings.

Extremely disappointing and the data backs it up.

I think this is the problem now. He thinks he’s leaving in summer, if we don’t sell it’ll be duk all over again next season. We’re not going to get the fee we were expecting if he doesn’t get back on form.

1 hour ago, DoonTheLine said:

Dropping Nicky Devlin who is consistently between a 6/7 in terms of performance and has even chipped in with a goal now is bizarre. The guy is a solid SPFL player and ok he made a mistake in the last game, and has maybe had a couple this season but compared to some of the bombscares we have he's like Maldini in comparison!

At this point i'd go with:

Doohan

Devlin                                          Milne                          MacDonald                     Shinnie

Barron                Clarkson           Polvara

McGrath

Sokler                                      Miovski

This team probably takes a doing as well. 

the collection of shite defenders at our disposal is one thing but the complete imbalance in midfield is a huge issue. 

I hope we get decent compensation for Barron and I’d look to sell McGrath too. Keep Shinnie, polvara & Clarkson for next season and sign some players who can actually play with them. 

Is Barry Robson still fit enough to play?

1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

Warnock is the manager he has to take most of the blame. And some of the players picked and formations he’s played are mental. 

3 hours ago, a don in oz said:

Thought after the last game, think after this one, we need Milne and McDonald as centre backs. Dump Gartenmann in the bin and leave Jensen for the next manager to deal with.

Has to be a back four of MacKenzie, MacDonald, Milne, Devlin. 

Until Ruby is back...

MacDonald was having to do a fuckton of covering in that game for Jensen and Gartenmann which was outrageous. Yes he's good at that deeper lying read-the-game semi-sweeper but jesus christ you need at least a half competent partner or partners in the middle there with you. 

I think having a defence that can't defend and keeps conceding fucking ridiculous goals has more than anything else (well... Robsonball maybe...) poisoned the team and sapped the confidence out of everyone in front of them. It's a nightmare.

Amazing that until a couple of months ago or even a month ago there was a hope to challenge for a 4th or 5th maybe. It's going to take something I can't see coming for this to be anything other than a squeaky bum relegation playoff spot battle for us. (I still can't see us getting the auto spot... is that foolish?)

That big lump up front would have annihilated Milne and his pace would've destroyed MacDonald. That said nothing could be worse than Gartenmann. 

15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

This team probably takes a doing as well. 

the collection of shite defenders at our disposal is one thing but the complete imbalance in midfield is a huge issue. 

I hope we get decent compensation for Barron and I’d look to sell McGrath too. Keep Shinnie, polvara & Clarkson for next season and sign some players who can actually play with them. 

Is Barry Robson still fit enough to play?

Probably haha! 

It's a shambles, the lack of width at the club is disgraceful, nobody to play as wide players/inside forwards bar shoehorning Duk, Sokler or McGrath in those positions (not even going to consider Morris). 

Clarkson sadly has gone the Dylan Levitt route of having a great loan deal, signed for good money and then doing next to nothing the following season and if we go down he will likely end up at Hibs or Hearts!

12 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Said on another thread as a joke to put Polvara in central defence, could it work putting him in as extra defender in front of a back 4? Clutching at straws here. 

Gets bullied in midfield, heaven help him coming up against any Livi/St Mirren striker

Just get so fed up with Robson and now Warnock ignoring the obvious in front of them. Both constantly put square pegs in round holes and refuse to see whats happening in front of them. Relegation teams need to maximise what they have and become difficult to beat. Warnock has taken a team that drew rather than win and now we cant stop losing. Inept.

1 hour ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Said on another thread as a joke to put Polvara in central defence, could it work putting him in as extra defender in front of a back 4? Clutching at straws here. 

Wouldn't think so. He's the biggest wimp in an entire squad of wimps. 

• Upvote 2