Aberdeen 0 - 2 St Johnstone

3 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

This. 

Warnock is culpable to a certain extent, but you can only pish with the cock you've got. He inherited a poorly balanced squad with weak defenders, a keeper who wants to leave, a powderpuff midfield, and no width at all. 

On top of that, most of these players know they won't be here next season and all of them lack any kind of confidence or drive. 

Saying that, it's extremely worrying that we're capitulating to the likes of St Johnstone. We're starting to look like a team in freefall. 

If Warnock can't halt this slide.....and I mean by Saturday..... then better he just step aside and allow Peter Leven to take control again. 

True, but at least aim at the urinal and not down your own trouser leg. 

7 minutes ago, thurso said:

Of course he does have you seen the performances since he took over. They have gotten worse not better 

He's been here a few games ffs. How on earth can he take the blame for the whole season? That's just ridiculous thinking.

As I said earlier, this is the culmination of 4 years of pishness.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, RAZOR said:

He's been here a few games ffs. How on earth can he take the blame for the whole season? That's just ridiculous thinking.

As I said earlier, this is the culmination of 4 years of pishness.

I’m not giving him the blame for the whole season just the last 7 games where we have been worse than any point in the last 4 years 

28 minutes ago, thurso said:

Are they following Warnock instructions like we were told when it was Robson to blame. 

The players are evidently not good enough. They were signed by Managers who are not good enough. The Managers were appointed by board members who aren't good enough.

About the only thing that is good enough is them pie sleeves.

• Upvote 3
39 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’m not giving him the blame for the whole season just the last 7 games where we have been worse than any point in the last 4 years 

Only worse than any point in the last 4 years if you are willing to wipe the 10 days between 18th and 28th January last year from your memory (which i'm guessing most of us have tried our hardest to do).

4 hours ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

I’d start games with 5 at the back never mind 3 or 4. Park our bus and draw our way out of trouble. Then again we lose goals with a’body back at corners so maybe that’s not an option either. Fuck knows how to stop the rot. 

Getting rid of that pair of benders Jensen and Gartenmann would be a good start

54 minutes ago, thurso said:

Of course he does have you seen the performances since he took over. They have gotten worse not better 

Most of the blame should go on the board, the recruitment team and Robson for getting us into this situation in the first place. Had Robson not been such a shit manager we'd not have been struggling near the bottom of the league in the first place. Had the recruitment team not done such a shit job last Summer we'd not be stuck with a bunch of shit players, with no fight, no skill and unable to do the basics, who its embarrassing to even use the words 'professional footballer' to describe... and if the board hadn't been so incompetent and had sacked Robson earlier when everyone could see it wasn't working then we'd maybe have had time to allow any incoming manager (permanent or temporary) to assess the squad and bring in some decent replacements. Instead we sacked Robson a day before the window closed and appointed Warnock after the window closed and expected him to turn a bunch of losers into a team capable of performing at a higher standard.

1 hour ago, thurso said:

That's utter bollocks.  Last 2 games aye you'd have a point but we've not been that bad in the other 5 barring half an hour against motherwell.

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

That's utter bollocks.  Last 2 games aye you'd have a point but we've not been that bad in the other 5 barring half an hour against motherwell.

We have won 1 and it was a drab 2-0 at home against , what, 4th tier opposition? A game after which Warnock himself said we were poor and if we play like that we would likely lose in the next round  

We have taken 2 points from 3 home games against teams in and around us. 
We gave Kilmarnock their joint easiest afternoon of the season last Saturday, with us also providing the other last October. 

At a generous push we were good for about half an hour against Motherwell. 

I would genuinely like to see some grounds for optimism but it looks to me like our momentum is heading only one way. 

If Milne is the tallest player in the squad he should surely be the goalkeeper. Second tallest is Polvara so play him as a target man with Morris just off him to use his pace. Duk is quite good at tackling so lets try him in defence, alongside Roos who can use his height to header the ball as he is incapable of catching it anyway. Shinnie to left back because he's left footed with Hayes in front of him because he's also left footed. Devlin and Hoillet on the right as they're right footed. In midfield we'll go with Miovski and MacDonald because we've not tried them there and who knows they might be good.

Milne
Devlin Duk Roos Shinnie
Hoillet MacDonald Miovski Hayes
Morris Polvara

St Mirren will be bamboozled.

4 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

If Milne is the tallest player in the squad he should surely be the goalkeeper. Second tallest is Polvara so play him as a target man with Morris just off him to use his pace. Duk is quite good at tackling so lets try him in defence, alongside Roos who can use his height to header the ball as he is incapable of catching it anyway. Shinnie to left back because he's left footed with Hayes in front of him because he's also left footed. Devlin and Hoillet on the right as they're right footed. In midfield we'll go with Miovski and MacDonald because we've not tried them there and who knows they might be good.

Milne
Devlin Duk Roos Shinnie
Hoillet MacDonald Miovski Hayes
Morris Polvara

St Mirren will be bamboozled.

Think it’s another bunch of boozled  bums in red on Saturday with Ken Dodd and his tickling stick in the dug out. 

1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

The players are evidently not good enough. They were signed by Managers who are not good enough. The Managers were appointed by board members who aren't good enough.

About the only thing that is good enough is them pie sleeves.

Aye the pie sleeves are a good addition 

4 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Only worse than any point in the last 4 years if you are willing to wipe the 10 days between 18th and 28th January last year from your memory (which i'm guessing most of us have tried our hardest to do).

What I’m seeing from Warnock is as bad as that bad week. 

4 hours ago, NEM said:

It’s more than just the last 2 games. We were poor against bonnyrig hardly attacked against sevco Hibs was shit to 

As a dons fan for a very long time I like many am now stressing about the very real possibility of a relegation battle. One of the problems that I see is how many real “ Aberdeen diehards” are involved at the club today? How many players, coaching staff and even senior management could be seriously concerned at the possibility of our proud tradition of never having been relegated actually coming to pass? 

I don’t think the answer here is to slate the players since it’s only them who can prevent the unthinkable. Warnock looks like another bad choice, given that he is blaming everyone but himself. I can’t believe anyone in the local coaching staff would have agreed playing Hayes on wed night was a good move or leaving our devlin and Mackenzie. We can all see it’s madness but as manager where is he getting the notion that such selections are the way ahead?

No point in chanting “sack the board” only the shareholders can do that and the shares are controlled by a few board members so that’s a waste of time.

Bad as it might feel for some, we must get behind the team right now and encourage as much as possible because it’s only them who can avoid our disaster. Slating them, particularly them who are not playing for the badge won’t improve the situation.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Hairdrier said:

It was a good laugh, wasn't it? ©️Craig Levien

It's not unusual to get turned over by St Johnstone - happened many times over the years. 

Why has Miovski stopped scoring, what has Warnock said to him?

warnock's made a right cunt of a fucking shambles

8 minutes ago, Dons Daft said:

As a dons fan for a very long time I like many am now stressing about the very real possibility of a relegation battle. One of the problems that I see is how many real “ Aberdeen diehards” are involved at the club today? How many players, coaching staff and even senior management could be seriously concerned at the possibility of our proud tradition of never having been relegated actually coming to pass? 

I don’t think the answer here is to slate the players since it’s only them who can prevent the unthinkable. Warnock looks like another bad choice, given that he is blaming everyone but himself. I can’t believe anyone in the local coaching staff would have agreed playing Hayes on wed night was a good move or leaving our devlin and Mackenzie. We can all see it’s madness but as manager where is he getting the notion that such selections are the way ahead?

No point in chanting “sack the board” only the shareholders can do that and the shares are controlled by a few board members so that’s a waste of time.

Bad as it might feel for some, we must get behind the team right now and encourage as much as possible because it’s only them who can avoid our disaster. Slating them, particularly them who are not playing for the badge won’t improve the situation.

The sack the board chants are aimed at burrows/gunn etc. people who very much can be removed 

1 hour ago, Dons Daft said:

One good thing about relegation is we will get cheaper season tickets, not that I will be renewing mine. This club is going down faster than a hoors drawers....