Aberdeen 0 - 2 St Johnstone

1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

There's an article in The Herald this morning about Aberdeen sleepwalking towards relegation. 

It's behind a paywall so I can't read it all, but it's the first mention that I've noticed in the written media about how much trouble we could shortly find ourselves in. 

Talk about a sense of déjà vu. 

Having watched Kilmarnock demolish Aberdeen in the easiest of manners last October I did not think it was possible to play that badly again. How wrong I was.

On Saturday at Rugby Park Neil Warnock’s lacklustre side somehow managed to mirror that awful performance from last year. Kilmarnock are now three wins out of three against Aberdeen this season without conceding.

Aberdeen Football Club is fast becoming a complete shambles from top to bottom and if they are not careful a relegation battle could well and truly become a reality. There’s no point sugar coating this, the club is sleepwalking towards an abyss.

The 800 brave souls who made the long trip to Ayrshire deserved so much better for their efforts to cheer on their heroes, it's a shame that same effort was not matched on the pitch. Aberdeen mustered only one effort on target all game and even that was a half-hearted effort from Dante Polvara.

Ahead of the game you'd have expected the players to match Killie’s physicality but they were nowhere near it, constantly getting bullied off the ball and looking more for a white towel than taking the battle to Derek McInnes’ side.

Make no mistake, Aberdeen is now in a street fight and if they are to survive a huge amount of bravery will be required. That fills me with nothing but a sense of dread.

Neil Warnock in his post-match interview with Aberdeen’s club media said his lads are “too nice” and that he would liked to have seen “one or two yellow cards”. He also went on to say that ‘it’s not my type of team really” which raised an eyebrow or two.

Is he throwing the players under the bus, playing to a gallery or is he lambasting the fact that he does not have the type of physical player that he’s worked with before? I would like to think it’s the latter!

Whatever the case Warnock has got to sort this mess out and remedy these issues starting with a hugely improved performance against St Johnstone on Wednesday. Just a thought, if you can help it Neil, please don’t make the Perth side favourites in your pre-match press conference ahead of the game, it’s not a good look!

In fear of repeating myself for the hundredth time in the past few weeks this is a must win game for Aberdeen, a loss is almost unthinkable given our current League position. I have no doubt St Johnstone will head to Pittodrie without any fear knowing they could pull level with the Dons on 27 points.

It's not just the boss who needs to work hard, the players need to stand up and be counted. Too many many passengers are being carried at the moment. Defensive displays in recent weeks have been nothing short of comical particularly in central defence.

One more than one occasion at the weekend you could see heated debates between members of the back four which you could interpret as a serious lack of understanding between them all. Their lack of concentration and awareness of what is going on around them has proven on more than one occasion to be our downfall.

It’s just another aspect of the general play that must improve if the team is to be clear of trouble. As for set pieces, you can only despair. There are simply too many flaws currently and those very same flaws are being exposed time and time again by teams who have sussed the team out.

A season which promised so much is fast becoming a campaign to forget. In truth, this squad is miles away from where everyone associated with the club wants it to be and that’s a sad state of affairs. 

47 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Having watched Kilmarnock demolish Aberdeen in the easiest of manners last October I did not think it was possible to play that badly again. How wrong I was.

On Saturday at Rugby Park Neil Warnock’s lacklustre side somehow managed to mirror that awful performance from last year. Kilmarnock are now three wins out of three against Aberdeen this season without conceding.

Aberdeen Football Club is fast becoming a complete shambles from top to bottom and if they are not careful a relegation battle could well and truly become a reality. There’s no point sugar coating this, the club is sleepwalking towards an abyss.

The 800 brave souls who made the long trip to Ayrshire deserved so much better for their efforts to cheer on their heroes, it's a shame that same effort was not matched on the pitch. Aberdeen mustered only one effort on target all game and even that was a half-hearted effort from Dante Polvara.

Ahead of the game you'd have expected the players to match Killie’s physicality but they were nowhere near it, constantly getting bullied off the ball and looking more for a white towel than taking the battle to Derek McInnes’ side.

Make no mistake, Aberdeen is now in a street fight and if they are to survive a huge amount of bravery will be required. That fills me with nothing but a sense of dread.

Neil Warnock in his post-match interview with Aberdeen’s club media said his lads are “too nice” and that he would liked to have seen “one or two yellow cards”. He also went on to say that ‘it’s not my type of team really” which raised an eyebrow or two.

Is he throwing the players under the bus, playing to a gallery or is he lambasting the fact that he does not have the type of physical player that he’s worked with before? I would like to think it’s the latter!

Whatever the case Warnock has got to sort this mess out and remedy these issues starting with a hugely improved performance against St Johnstone on Wednesday. Just a thought, if you can help it Neil, please don’t make the Perth side favourites in your pre-match press conference ahead of the game, it’s not a good look!

In fear of repeating myself for the hundredth time in the past few weeks this is a must win game for Aberdeen, a loss is almost unthinkable given our current League position. I have no doubt St Johnstone will head to Pittodrie without any fear knowing they could pull level with the Dons on 27 points.

It's not just the boss who needs to work hard, the players need to stand up and be counted. Too many many passengers are being carried at the moment. Defensive displays in recent weeks have been nothing short of comical particularly in central defence.

One more than one occasion at the weekend you could see heated debates between members of the back four which you could interpret as a serious lack of understanding between them all. Their lack of concentration and awareness of what is going on around them has proven on more than one occasion to be our downfall.

It’s just another aspect of the general play that must improve if the team is to be clear of trouble. As for set pieces, you can only despair. There are simply too many flaws currently and those very same flaws are being exposed time and time again by teams who have sussed the team out.

A season which promised so much is fast becoming a campaign to forget. In truth, this squad is miles away from where everyone associated with the club wants it to be and that’s a sad state of affairs. 

From Ally Begg

interestingly, in his YouTube channel, interviewed Michael Grant. The latter reckons Warnock is part of the ongoing process, as he never refers to AFC as “us”, always “them”.

20 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

From Ally Begg

interestingly, in his YouTube channel, interviewed Michael Grant. The latter reckons Warnock is part of the ongoing process, as he never refers to AFC as “us”, always “them”.

Ally Begg is a complete fud.

Nothing else to add

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

I'm not sure about this being ' a season to forget'. 

It could turn out to be a season to remember. For all the wrong reasons. 

9 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Do you disagree with anything he has written?

Seems pretty accurate to me apart albeit there were just over 900 away fans there last Saturday not 800. 

Couldn't give a shite what the attention seeking, tim clown has written tbh.  

• Upvote 2
52 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yeah thats what I mean though

The beauty of football is the past doesn't matter

Just go out now and do what you should and there's a good chance we will finish 4th

Simple 

You say “do what you should”.

Taking the scum & Hearts out of it, this squad have won 4 out of 17 against the rest.

Not an earthly they’re capable of 7 in a row. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Taking the scum & Hearts out of it, this squad have won 4 out of 17 against the rest.

I posted somewhere else on this thread that our league form shows that we're on track for around 38 points....probably enough to finish 10th, maybe 9th given the dross around us. 

There's absolutely nothing at all to suggest that we'll win more than 3 out of our last 12 games. 

That's not to say that we won't win 5 or 6 for instance, but that will take an upturn in form that we simply havent seen for about 10 months now. 

Looking at the fixtures we have left (and presuming we'll be bottom 6), we have the Fermers and Ross County to play twice. My highly unscientific prognosis is that any wins we do get will come from these fixtures. 

We'll also pick up enough draws from games against Dundee, Motherwell and Livi to be OK. I hope. 

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That's what we want them to think.

Just when they think we're utter pish, and incapable of buying a point... that's when we strike!

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They absolutely are capable

And they have the chance to prove it

That's the beauty of football

Just win games and all will be slowly forgotten

24 minutes ago, Millertime said:

They absolutely are capable

And they have the chance to prove it

That's the beauty of football

Just win games and all will be slowly forgotten

You need to stop this on game days. You get yourself all positive and gung go before the game until the inevitable meltdown where everybody is shit and a charlatan. 

It's not good for you.

1 hour ago, Russell said:

You need to stop this on game days. You get yourself all positive and gung go before the game until the inevitable meltdown where everybody is shit and a charlatan. 

It's not good for you.

Was just about to offer the lad the exact same advice.

If it all goes the usual way he will be providing the half time entertainment 🤣

• Haha 1