Cormack Thread

31 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Fair enough. 

Club have to be careful though, reputation wise, if they want to attract a manager of any substance.

We're in Hibs territory now and moving rapidly towards Watford levels of bampottery. 

Any change in the manager this time has to coincide with a restructuring of the overall leadership of the football side of the business. 

Aye of course min.

Wonder if Glass and Goodwin had remained in charge would have taken us down.

The trajectory seemed that way.

6 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Aye of course min.

Glass I feel we could have survived, but just... the players actually seemed to like Glass, even though he only had half a plan. Keep the ball. 

Goodwin I think we'd have been down. The players were in full on "We're DESPERATE to win games for the gaffer... which is why we're making no fucking effort to win games for the gaffer" mode. 

Robson, well, we're on joint relegation play-off points as it stands, and we're not improving. 

People can say "We'll NEVER get relegated! NEVER!" but that's rarely backed up with any evidence to support said stated immunity from relegation. 

If you're bad enough you can get relegated, and by fuck we've been bad in recent years.  

15 minutes ago, NEM said:

Where did you conduct that survey?  Cornhill hospital?

Plenty of posts on social media backing him. 😭 I do get the sacking 4 managers in 3 seasons or whatever looks bad, but it's not all down to the manager the whole snr side of the football club looks a bit of a shambles, the youth set up is the only thing that seems good about the club at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Aye of course min.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I'm pretty sure Goodwin only won 2 games in the remaining fixtures when he was appointed and we ended up 6 points clear of the play off spot with a much better goal difference. Not saying we shouldn't have sacked Glass but we wouldn't have been relegated under him. 

Cormack should really have ensured Glass had more experience within his team especially with Gunn being in the DOF role and it would have been interesting to see what he would have done with the same recruitment team in place that Goodwin was able to utilise.

13 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Aye of course min.

I think Glass would have kept us up. Just. Goodwin didn't have a great run after taking over, pretty similar to the record Glass had. 

The Goodwin situation was so toxic there's a good chance we would have been in trouble. 

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Thing is, will he be stupid enough to repeat the same mistake time and time again?

It was clear Glass had to go, and getting rid of him before the Motherwell Scottish Cup game would at least have given us a better chance of progressing.

Then it was also beyond clear that Goodwin should have been gone before we had played Darvel, yet no, he lets him lead us down the abyss to another Cup exit. Fair to say though I suppose, that few expected us to lose there.

Point stands though, in that he waited too long and we suffered for it.

Now we have Hibs in a semi. Tims are out. Huns are ordinary.

Huge chance to lift some silverware.

Will he act and learn from his previous fuck ups.

Of course not.

Even if we somehow manage to scrape past Hibs, we will then witness the delights of this ginger mong displaying the wonder of hoofball in a Cup Final at Hampden.

Of course, if he wins it, I'd happily rim his ginger forested farting crack.

Seems unlikely tho.

Whereas if we had a competent man in charge we'd be looking forward to next Saturday and the subsequent possibility of lifting a Cup with relish.

Ho hum.

Absolutely this. Cormack didn’t sack Goodwin after Darvel. He’s not going to sack Robson or Agnew this season

30 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I'm pretty sure Goodwin only won 2 games in the remaining fixtures when he was appointed and we ended up 6 points clear of the play off spot with a much better goal difference. Not saying we shouldn't have sacked Glass but we wouldn't have been relegated under him. 

Cormack should really have ensured Glass had more experience within his team especially with Gunn being in the DOF role and it would have been interesting to see what he would have done with the same recruitment team in place that Goodwin was able to utilise.

Glass’s vision of how to play football was for us to play the ball numerous times along our back line then a full back would hit it somewhere in the vicinity of our lone striker. Our defence was a shambles that would fold like a cheap deckchair at the first sign of pressure. 

Away from home we were an absolute abomination (still are). A different recruitment team would not have made much difference imo. We were heading for a relegation battle and only Dundee’s fecklessness gave me any hope we were staying up. 

We were a team that were perennial European qualifiers and involved at the business end of domestic cups. He dismantled it all in under a year. 

35 minutes ago, RUL said:

Absolutely this. Cormack didn’t sack Goodwin after Darvel. He’s not going to sack Robson or Agnew this season

Cormacks a cunt plain & simple' a rich wannabe yank! His interview today in front of his big burning fire talking shit about the American business model for fitba teams in uk.

He's a fucking arsehole, how on earth does he think he'll go down in history as a great chairman fot afc is beyond me.

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Thing is, will he be stupid enough to repeat the same mistake time and time again?

It was clear Glass had to go, and getting rid of him before the Motherwell Scottish Cup game would at least have given us a better chance of progressing.

Then it was also beyond clear that Goodwin should have been gone before we had played Darvel, yet no, he lets him lead us down the abyss to another Cup exit. Fair to say though I suppose, that few expected us to lose there.

Point stands though, in that he waited too long and we suffered for it.

Now we have Hibs in a semi. Tims are out. Huns are ordinary.

Huge chance to lift some silverware.

Will he act and learn from his previous fuck ups.

Of course not.

Even if we somehow manage to scrape past Hibs, we will then witness the delights of this ginger mong displaying the wonder of hoofball in a Cup Final at Hampden.

Of course, if he wins it, I'd happily rim his ginger forested farting crack.

Seems unlikely tho.

Whereas if we had a competent man in charge we'd be looking forward to next Saturday and the subsequent possibility of lifting a Cup with relish.

Ho hum.

Sounds like an M&S product, or possibly from Sainsbury's taste the difference range 🤔

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Glass I feel we could have survived, but just... the players actually seemed to like Glass, even though he only had half a plan. Keep the ball. 

Goodwin I think we'd have been down. The players were in full on "We're DESPERATE to win games for the gaffer... which is why we're making no fucking effort to win games for the gaffer" mode. 

Both got sacked on 29 points. Glass after 25 games Goodwin 23 games.

11th place finished on 35 and 34 points. Even if we continued to get humped in every damn away game Goodwin would have had 8 or so home games which he had a very good record in, indeed winning the last one before sacking. Zero chance we were in danger of relegation. Glass probably would have had no danger either. 

13 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Glass’s vision of how to play football was for us to play the ball numerous times along our back line then a full back would hit it somewhere in the vicinity of our lone striker. Our defence was a shambles that would fold like a cheap deckchair at the first sign of pressure. 

Away from home we were an absolute abomination (still are). A different recruitment team would not have made much difference imo. We were heading for a relegation battle and only Dundee’s fecklessness gave me any hope we were staying up. 

We were a team that were perennial European qualifiers and involved at the business end of domestic cups. He dismantled it all in under a year. 

I wasn't in any way trying to suggest we should have kept Glass on just that factually we wouldn't have been relegated that season based on the points picked up after Goodwin came in and how far clear we ended up from the play off position. If Glass had remained and we hadn't picked up another single point we would have still finished 10th due to a far superior goal difference.

I disagree that a different recruitment team wouldn't have made a difference though as that summer transfer window we were recruiting the likes of JET as  a striking option as opposed to Miovski 12 months later. I think what was more the issue was the inexperience/competency of the coaching team allied to that of the then newly appointed DOF, some additional nous in either of those areas would have been beneficial.

Sacking Glass and Goodwin were absolutely the correct decisions IMO, as is getting rid of Robson now.

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Was hopeful of waking up In morning to find Cormack has acted with his head & not his sentimental soft head but that’s just fantasy.

Bin the bam & let Agnew take team until suitable candidates present themselves. Nothing good can come from persisting with Robson.

Agnew is as much to blame as robson

Simmie will no doubt get the interim job. Cormack will then make a complete arse of lining up a experienced permanent manager. Simmie will steady the ship and get us back into top six, Cormack will then offer him the job permanently.

10-12 months time Simmie will be found out and we'll be back to this pish.

As long as Cormack is in charge we'll continue to be a joke outfit. 

• Upvote 1