Cormack Thread

8 hours ago, VinegarStrokes said:

With all due respect that's nonsense though, for a start he's not the CEO, secondly the transfers you refer to in your own reply are the ones I mentioned keep getting thrown up, they are all from over 2 years ago and add to that the naming of the training facilities was even further back.

I didn't see the need for him to be on the pitch in Gothenburg but even that has grown arms and legs, people just don't like his personality and ego at the end of the day. In the footage I saw he was simply applauding the fans and even pointed over towards the players and management staff at one point as a gesture of making sure they were being acknowledged. He's a bit cringey and Americanised for me but I guess that level of transparency is welcomed by others, most notably on social media, personally I don't think it does him or Burrows any favours at all. 

My point was more the ongoing unfounded accusations that he somehow is some mad dictator interfering in every aspect of the club from transfer targets to first team selection, it's ridiculous. By all means criticise him for the things he gets wrong but to call him a snake oil, 2nd hand car salesman without anything to back it up is just pish. 

I think when folk call out cormack for interfering, it’s not in the literal sense you appear to think.

However, it’s obvious the manager is not dictating a signing policy which sees us line up with a Dane, Finnish and Serbian in defence. 

There are numerous examples of the manager being given players he clearly doesn’t want and indeed doesn’t play.

Cormack is the one encouraging the sign a player from every nation policy. He thinks he can “flip” players and make millions. He’s spoken about it himself. 

This has been ongoing for years, started with Hernandez, reached Polvara most recently, Gallagher and probably others. 

I don’t expect club to be run with manager dictating everything but clubs running set ups like ours normally have an experienced director of football, dictating policies, with a clear strategy. 

we don’t. We’ve got Dave Cormack. 

A large part of the problem is that we are severely lacking in football knowledge/experience on our board.  The only one with a real background on the playing side is Willie Garner, which is a pretty sorry state of affairs.

I think most people agree that Steven Gunn is out of his depth.  For all the praise Alan Burrows gets his main skillset seems to be things like fan engagement rather than matters on the pitch.  When he left Motherwell in Jan 23 they had already sacked one manager that season and were just weeks away from sacking a second, with relegation looking a real possibility at that point.

• Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

A large part of the problem is that we are severely lacking in football knowledge/experience on our board.  The only one with a real background on the playing side is Willie Garner, which is a pretty sorry state of affairs.

I think most people agree that Steven Gunn is out of his depth.  For all the praise Alan Burrows gets his main skillset seems to be things like fan engagement rather than matters on the pitch.  When he left Motherwell in Jan 23 they had already sacked one manager that season and were just weeks away from sacking a second, with relegation looking a real possibility at that point.

But who wanted Garner ? Cormack likes to surround himself with folk he gets on with and can control. Bit like simmy bizarre role at the club.

Chairman that doesn’t know what he’s doing.

DoF that’s previous experience was booking travel.

Manager that’s managerial pinnacle was being a mediocre U18’s manager.

Cormack (who FWIW is backing the club financially well) needs to sort this with experience (and get rid of Gunn and Robson), we are sorely lacking across the board and we keep stumbling from shit show to shit show because of that.

At the moment we are the blind leading the stupid.

• Thanks 2

Not a “gotcha” question in any way, but a common argument is that Cormack has pumped “his own money” into Aberdeen. How much has he actually done?

Genuinely curious as Cormack Park is commonly attributed for that but he had investment partners for that including Crotty etc as well as significant contributions from others. In fact the majority of the compliments was his ability to market and generate investment. I’m wondering how much was his cash…

Add in player sales, DNA etc and over his tenure how much of his own money (not the group, not the Atlanta money laundering, not anyone else who helped clear the debt and also not what Dave says he’s done ) but his own pounds and pence have went into us that is confirmed accountancy wise?

Im always on the negative side of Dave to be honest as never liked the guy (if it appears fake it usually is) and feel his “honest and transparent” Is a pile of pish but if grand numbers can be shown and proven I’ll happily give him his due 👍

9 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Some would say that we can trace the current shambles back ro the day that Cormack took over from Milne and made it clear that McInnes....a man who wouldn't stand for Cormack's shit....wouldn't be supported and had no future at the club. 

Was mchun not on a record breaking run of games without a goal before he was punted? He became shit at his job, there’s no evidence it was because of his boss. More likely to do with going to speak to the Huns (and resigning Ash Taylor) 

on that note, hate to say it But we actually miss Ash fuckin Taylor. The Ogre is worse than Ash 

13 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Let's not forget he was on the pitch celebrating a draw v Hacken, and commenting how the plane home was 'rocking'. Fucking tinpot cunt. 

This is what seriously concerns me.

Does he not see that he is overseeing an absolute shit show with his apparent style of management at the club.

I can visualise Frankfurt being our AZ moment, Robson getting sacked post a poor double header against County, or after an absolute pumping by the Huns, and absolutely nobody of a decent standing and experience in the game wanting to manage our club because of Cormack's too hands on reputation. 

Burrows needs to step up and really tell Cormack a few home truths otherwise I really, really worry where we will end up.

It's cool. Barry Robson can have a chat with our DoF who'll use his expansive experience in the game to guide him in the right direction.

Also, the people sucking off Burrows and Cormack on twitter during the transfer window need to have a word with themselves. Signing players means sod all until they're proven themselves on the pitch.

On 1/1/2023 at 1:27 PM, Rico1903 said:

A big year for Dave. His top 3 objectives surely have to be:

1. CEO to run the club day to day
2. DoF with the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience (particularly football experience) 
3. To seriously invest in a management team that can develop individuals and the team collectively- coach, motivate, man manage well and have tactical nous 

I set Dave some objectives at the start of the year.

He needs to up his game, otherwise when we sit down to carry out his annual appraisal at the end of the year it’s going to be a very difficult conversation for him. 

I’ll be adding one around this rank rotten FMB too. 

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Was mchun not on a record breaking run of games without a goal before he was punted? He became shit at his job, there’s no evidence it was because of his boss. More likely to do with going to speak to the Huns (and resigning Ash Taylor) 

on that note, hate to say it But we actually miss Ash fuckin Taylor. The Ogre is worse than Ash 

'McHun'...fuxsake min, that's tedious shite. 

Yes, McInnes's run of poor results correctly saw him booted, but from the second Cormack took charge it was pretty clear that he wanted McInnes out, and his own wee poodle as manager. 

maybe he couldn't afford to keep him on the inflated wages . Every time there was hint of him leaving Milne gave a pay increase.

but I think he just could see what we all could , his time was up

His cup record v length of time here was worst of any other cup winners during the time spell , teams who won sottish cup league cup with managers on shorter stays.

not to mention bottled semis etc

& missed opportunities

he became stale due in no small part to Milne's fawning over him

we all need change

subconsciously McInnes wanted out too

3 hours ago, RUL said:

I think when folk call out cormack for interfering, it’s not in the literal sense you appear to think.

However, it’s obvious the manager is not dictating a signing policy which sees us line up with a Dane, Finnish and Serbian in defence. 

There are numerous examples of the manager being given players he clearly doesn’t want and indeed doesn’t play.

Cormack is the one encouraging the sign a player from every nation policy. He thinks he can “flip” players and make millions. He’s spoken about it himself. 

This has been ongoing for years, started with Hernandez, reached Polvara most recently, Gallagher and probably others. 

I don’t expect club to be run with manager dictating everything but clubs running set ups like ours normally have an experienced director of football, dictating policies, with a clear strategy. 

we don’t. We’ve got Dave Cormack. 

I don't disagree with much of what you have written but in terms of your initial point and what I was arguing against was the fact there are people repeatedly claiming he IS interfering literally, you just need to skim back through this thread to see it. It's clearly nonsense.

Of course there's a strategy in place at the club that has seen us make signings with the intention of developing them and selling them on for profit. I'd also assume that strategy is driven by Dave Cormack but hardly anyone seems to have an issue with that judging by the reaction when we sell players as we have recently. 

I completely agree he should be criticised for the appointments of Gunn and Robson, that's fair and merited, but since Burrows was appointed DC clearly isn't as hands on as he was. I think when the FMB came to Cormack and said Robson was the outstanding candidate he should have veto'ed that and laid out the need for an experienced man at the helm. That's easy to say now obviously as after the 7 match run it was clearly a tougher decision but whatever folk think of him he's a successful businessman, I can't believe he would appoint rank novices in to key positions in his software business so find it strange how he's allowed that to happen repeatedly at the Club.

1 hour ago, Rubin said:

maybe he couldn't afford to keep him on the inflated wages . Every time there was hint of him leaving Milne gave a pay increase.

His cup record v length of time here was worst of any other cup winners during the time spell , teams who won sottish cup league cup with managers on shorter stays.

& missed opportunities

we all need change

I'm bored of repeating this but I will as often as I need to to avoid a history re-write

Mcinnes was great for us

It started to go south almost as soon as cormack came back in, that's an absolute fact

THAT January, losing Wright Hedges and Cosgrove and replacing with Hornby,  kamberi and another idiot, Hendry was it? 

That was the death knell

And it sums cormack up, as the one thing that didn't need changed, was the manager

I would LOVE, LOVE him back 

With this backing he would be superb

Only thing is, mcinnes would need to accept the new scouting network, albeit still have final say over who comes and goes

• Upvote 3
31 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'm bored of repeating this but I will as often as I need to to avoid a history re-write

Mcinnes was great for us

It started to go south almost as soon as cormack came back in, that's an absolute fact

THAT January, losing Wright Hedges and Cosgrove and replacing with Hornby,  kamberi and another idiot, Hendry was it? 

That was the death knell

And it sums cormack up, as the one thing that didn't need changed, was the manager

Only thing is, mcinnes would need to accept the new scouting network, albeit still have final say over who comes and goes

Lets not forget that McInnes had said he would be leaving that summer anyway, it got brought forward due to the horrific run we were on, so I can see why we didn't sign players in the Jan window as why would you let the guy who is leaving add permanent players, especially when Cormack's opinion is that he doesn't use his budget well enough?

30 minutes ago, minijc said:

Lets not forget that McInnes had said he would be leaving that summer anyway, it got brought forward due to the horrific run we were on, so I can see why we didn't sign players in the Jan window as why would you let the guy who is leaving add permanent players, especially when Cormack's opinion is that he doesn't use his budget well enough?

The reason mcinnes was leaving was, I am sure, because he and cormack didn't get along 

They were a year or two in together at that point were they not?

That makes sense as to why he wanted to leave

Hernandez would be case in point

It's clear cormack meddled when mcinnes was there and he wasn't having it, so everything turned sour 

4 hours ago, Rubin said:

& missed opportunities

we all need change

His cup record v length of time here was better than most managers in our entire history. The fact it only took one win to achieve that speaks volumes about how shite we actually are most of the time.

It’s a sad state of affairs but I would take him back, however, does he need the doc beside him?  can’t be tossing out compo cheques like water bottles at a marathon. 

8 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

His cup record v length of time here was better than most managers in our entire history. The fact it only took one win to achieve that speaks volumes about how shite we actually are most of the time.

It’s a sad state of affairs but I would take him back, however, does he need the doc beside him?  can’t be tossing out compo cheques like water bottles at a marathon. 

McInnes and the rest of us should look back on horror on the 3 Scottish Cup years of 2014, 2015 and 2016. 

We were clearly the 2nd best team in the country...in patches, the best...but we fucked up enormously I'm these years. The Cup was ours to throw away in 2014, and we did. 

We never turned up at Dens in 2015 and lost. Then we drew Hearts away and we all know how that works out. 

And shite like the Dabs, ICT and Hibs won the trophy. 

That was disastrous, and if we'd performed like we should/could have, we'd have won at least 2 of these cups and McInnes would be a legend. 

He'd never come back to Pittodrie though under Cormack, and I doubt anyway if the majority of fans would accept him back, sadly. 

Del is not the answer! Someone with experience and ideas is. A manager who can assess the team he is playing and adapt his tactics to win games! Go into games against bigger units and not lose! We have investment but is it in the right places, time will tell.

we have made one mistake again in not replacing Ramadani, but that is not an excuse for current poor coaching. It’s simple really buck up or move on is the words Robson needs to hear! Leadership is telling the truth not massaging your own ego 

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Mcinnes was great for us

That was the death knell

Unfortunately we need to let this go. His time was up almost becoming stale, your right making the point about having a bigger budget he might have done well but we need to move on now. I think that any there are managers out there who would do extremely well with our budget when you consider the rest of the league all have smaller budgets barring 2/3 other clubs. I'd like to see Robson have a little more time to turn the corner but if Cormack does pull the trigger then he must look at an experienced manager 

1 minute ago, englishred said:

Unfortunately we need to let this go. His time was up almost becoming stale, your right making the point about having a bigger budget he might have done well but we need to move on now. I think that any there are managers out there who would do extremely well with our budget when you consider the rest of the league all have smaller budgets barring 2/3 other clubs. I'd like to see Robson have a little more time to turn the corner but if Cormack does pull the trigger then he must look at an experienced manager 

I dont need to let anything go, cheers

• Haha 1

Hun DMC, spent money on 

Stevie May,

Forrester.

Gleeson, 

Cosgrove.

And massive wages on James Wilson so don't tell me that he would recruit quality with a bigger budget.

Look his time was up long before he left 12- 18montgs overstayed, he should have left after the late cup final defeat to Celtic, 

Id not have the sleekiit cunt back,  never having a go against those two , accepting our place as 3rd best , and taking over 17 grand a week wages, to not bother turning up for training most of the time, to resign players again and again, cos he couldn't be fucked putting effort into sign new players.

The cunt has found his level, and I doubt his missus would trust him to be far from home again himself anyway 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Hun DMC, spent money on 

Stevie May,

Forrester.

Gleeson, 

Cosgrove.

And massive wages on James Wilson so don't tell me that he would recruit quality with a bigger budget.

Look his time was up long before he left 12- 18montgs overstayed, he should have left after the late cup final defeat to Celtic, 

Id not have the sleekiit cunt back,  never having a go against those two , accepting our place as 3rd best , and taking over 17 grand a week wages, to not bother turning up for training most of the time, to resign players again and again, cos he couldn't be fucked putting effort into sign new players.

The cunt has found his level, and I doubt his missus would trust him to be far from home again himself anyway 

He never used to turn up for training? Can you elaborate on that one? 

20 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Hun DMC, spent money on 

Stevie May,

Forrester.

Gleeson, 

Cosgrove.

Most of that is just drivel tbh. 

• Upvote 3