Cormack Thread

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Agreed.

Take the £300k we paid for Morris for example. That fee is the equivalent of almost £2k a week for 3 years. I dunno what wage Morris is on, but if we paid that much of a fee for him I’d guess he’s up around £2.5-3k a week minimum. Instead of shite like him we could be forking out that £5k a week on a free transfer who we can be more confident will come in and perform.

There needs to be a change made to the overall recruitment strategy needs this summer.

We could have just kept Ojo

5 hours ago, minijc said:

When you are going with this recruitment approach you still need to good characters in, build a good spine which allows the more talented players to flourish, we've completely failed at that.

100%

This has been one of the biggest failings. We don't have a core of a squad. We're buying/signing players like it's a football game.

5 minutes ago, starryfish said:

If we had any kind of functioning media they’d be hounding Cormack for answers 

What would be the point of that?  If he had any answers, we wouldn't be in the shit to the extent we are.

I have some answers for him though, hire a competent director of football, and a competent manager and stay well the fuck out of the way other than to open your chequebook when required.

10 minutes ago, starryfish said:

If we had any kind of functioning media they’d be hounding Cormack for answers 

The smugness from the Weegie media 'careful what you wish for' brigade is keeping them at bay for now.

5 hours ago, minijc said:

Real lack of leadership throughout the club, too many players who are only out for themselves and don't want to take responsibility. 

When you are going with this recruitment approach you still need to good characters in, build a good spine which allows the more talented players to flourish, we've completely failed at that.

Solid keeper & couple of solid CH’s is the basics to start from as well as a couple of solid central mids.

We currently have not a single ONE of them in our squad & it shows in every game.

Mcinnes doing a good job at killie,  Stephen Glass doing a great Elvis impression act in Memphis 901 FC , Jim Goodwin doing a good job with Dundee United ,  Barry Robson relaxing in Hotel Paradiso.   
Something is very very very wrong within the walls of Pittodrie.  
Warnock delivering his Joe Biden impressions and getting paid for it. 
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? 

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

But we will beat Ross County. No matter what else happens this season that is assured. So 3 points off them before and then after the split is almost half way to the 13 points already. 

Nothing is assured in football and that includes our results v Ross County.

3 hours ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Tyrone and his direct and inquisitive questioning.

“So, Neil, will it be good if we get three points on Saturday?” 

Jane Lewis levels of interrogation.

To Rodgers after a 7-1 win over Dundee "will this win give more confidence do you think"

10 hours ago, G31DON said:

Derek doesn't seem to be playing Kennedy as a right wing back for Killie, like he did for us.

Did he?Thought that was Goodwin?Wasn't always impressed with Kennedy but we took in Vinnie and Morris to replace him .

I'll repeat what I have said on another thread.

If we get pumped by St Mirren and then go out of the cup to Killie then Cormack will have to act, if Warnock doesn't walk first.

At this point I do not have any confidence in Cormack's decision making prawcess and can only hope that the reported review is actually meaningful and that the resultant proposed actions are implemented in full.

If that review is only a smokescreen, and Cormack continues his ways unchecked, we will get relegated one day and he will have to go too.

His tenure, barring improvements in the financial side, has been a complete disaster on the pitch.

His ego must be super inflated if he is oblivious to that.

Ultimately he has to sell up and go before we end up in the Championship this year or next.

In the meantime not a penny of my hard-earned will be going towards the club until significant changes are made to the management structure, whether involving Cormack or not.

• Upvote 6
On 2/29/2024 at 3:27 PM, Stoneybloke said:

Although Aberdeen may have almost been technically relegated on one occasion but stayed up because of another team's ground limitations.

I can't believe even Aberdeen fans are spouting this post-truth pish now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

McInnes had a few blind spots.

Full backs being one of them.

Considine and Logan were fine for most of his time here….though he was maybe too loyal to Logan when his performance levels dropped.