Cormack Thread

49 minutes ago, mainstandmoan said:

There will be a fan pleaser at some point, similar to the Shinnie signing, similar to the trick he tried to pull with Pollock on deadline day. All for the wrong reasons to take the flak off him.

Would have to be fairly box office to make me even crack a smile at the Club at the moment. 

I would guess it will be a well kent face as new DOF?

11 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

It’d be interesting to see just how many, if any, of his ideas he’s actually implemented. Lots of buzzwords. All his Q&A and fan zone shite has disappeared as well, granted there’s bigger things for him to concentrate on, but he doesn’t seem to be concentrating on the bigger things either. 

Aye. Beach Ballroom fanzones. Gazebos erected on the cricket pitch by the Broad Hill, selling booze - which never happened. 

What’s happening, Dave?

11 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

It wasn't so long ago Cormack beat his chest exclaiming "no Dons team under my stewardship is getting relegated" then the icing on the cake, " it is our desire to take this club to being in the top 100 in Europe". Firstly, I admire optimism but if your shit ain't right you can be a Hibs, Hearts and Dundee utd and definitely go down. We escaped relegation finishing 3rd botton under Glass before he was sacked. That was the warning bell. Unfortunately, he gambled on quantity rather than quality and now we are seeing the repercussions. Another season hoping other teams are more shit than us to stay up.

The incredibly weird thing is we'll be closer to being a top 100 european club by the end of the season than we were at the start of it

58 minutes ago, mainstandmoan said:

Burrows was the one who was allover Chris Wilder, thought he had him until CW spoke with Software Dave, suddenly it wasn't for him. Burrows continued to try and persuade him otherwise, but the damage was done.

Its fair to assume that the job that Burrows thought he was coming into, hasn't materialised with constant interfering from across the pond. whether he jumps or not is another question, given the attractive package he has. The fact he hasn't relocated his family tells a story, and still spends 3/4 nights a week in the central belt.

Don't be surprised if Burrows falls by the way side as part of the consultants findings, but in real terms, Software Dave removes a frustrated and reluctant puppet.

There will be a fan pleaser at some point, similar to the Shinnie signing, similar to the trick he tried to pull with Pollock on deadline day. All for the wrong reasons to take the flak off him.

I would have thought  it would be best for Dave also if he took a stepback and allowed a good manager to manage especially with his health condition.Also at some point he is going to have to step back anyway so this idea of a hands on chairman isn't going to survive into the future anyway.Is there a succession plan? .

Many of the posts on various topics are focusing on who should be blamed for the current fiasco. Doing that now is counter productive because it wastes energy on finding a solution.

I'm no great football expert but what I do know is that we are in a critical situation with relegation being a distinct possibility. I can offer no solutions, and it maybe that the situation has gone too far for anyone else to fix.

One thing is sure to me is that Warnock doesnt seem to have a clue and is probably doing more harm than good. To say it's a disaster of monumental proportions is an understatement.

Cormack has backed himself into a corner with limited room for maneuver, probably thought that he was being clever bringing in an interim manager. Exactly the opposite.

Although Aberdeen may have almost been technically relegated on one occasion but stayed up because of another team's ground limitations. I fear the worst this time and relegation might finally be a reality. It would be disastrous.

• Dildo 1
40 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye. Beach Ballroom fanzones. Gazebos erected on the cricket pitch by the Broad Hill, selling booze - which never happened. 

What’s happening, Dave?

We got the flags along the outside of the main stand, a la Yank baseball stadium style. 

That's as good as a European trophy. 

The reason Robson got a bounce from the team as interim manager was that he had a good knowledge of the squad at the start. Warnock had no idea and has gambled with formations. Resulting in points dropped against M'well. Poor subs v Hibs and criminal starting line up last night. Leven knew our strengths and that played out against Celtic. This gamble has backfired. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

The reason Robson got a bounce from the team as interim manager was that he had a good knowledge of the squad at the start. Warnock had no idea and has gambled with formations. Resulting in points dropped against M'well. Poor subs v Hibs and criminal starting line up last night. Leven knew our strengths and that played out against Celtic. This gamble has backfired. 

At the end of the day i think its safe to say Robson had no knowledge.  He was utter tripe and under qualified

4 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Agreed, but he had the prior knowledge to get initial results before his shit hit the buffers.

I think he was lucky.  Because we were not playing great to even get those results.  He's gone, that's the main thing

43 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

Many of the posts on various topics are focusing on who should be blamed for the current fiasco. Doing that now is counter productive because it wastes energy on finding a solution.

I'm no great football expert but what I do know is that we are in a critical situation with relegation being a distinct possibility. I can offer no solutions, and it maybe that the situation has gone too far for anyone else to fix.

One thing is sure to me is that Warnock doesnt seem to have a clue and is probably doing more harm than good. To say it's a disaster of monumental proportions is an understatement.

Cormack has backed himself into a corner with limited room for maneuver, probably thought that he was being clever bringing in an interim manager. Exactly the opposite.

Although Aberdeen may have almost been technically relegated on one occasion but stayed up because of another team's ground limitations. I fear the worst this time and relegation might finally be a reality. It would be disastrous.

Instead of hiring Dead Ken Dodd until the end of the season Cormack should have dug up Pop Eye even dead he’s got more punch than Ken Dodds look alike. 

46 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

Although Aberdeen may have almost been technically relegated on one occasion but stayed up because of another team's ground limitations.

We weren't technically relegated and stayed up because of another team's ground limitations. Its bad enough when fans of other teams bring up this myth without our own fans doing the same.

The season we finished bottom (99/00) there was always going to be a 3 team round robin playoff between the team bottom of the Premier and the teams finishing 2nd and 3rd in Division 1 with the top 2 teams in that playoff playing in the Premier League the next season. The ground criteria meant that Falkirk were denied entry into the playoff (they had been denied promotion the year before on the same basis). The only thing Falkirks ground limitations saved us from was a play off we'd have had a 66% chance of coming out of with a place in the Premier the next season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A thought for the Snake Oil Salesman tonight.

The average points total for 10th in the SPL over the last 3 seasons is 40 points.

That means, if previous seasons is anything to go by, we will require to earn 13 points from our remaining 11 games.

Given that we have secured 3 points from the last 6 games I have no faith that Warnock will guide us to safety.

He has to go and Peter Leven should run affairs until a permanent manager is appointed. 

The second half against Celtic is the last time we looked like a team (Leven's one game in charge).

• Upvote 1