Cormack Thread

Keep hearing this "matchday expreience" pish.  What exactly are you expecting?  What is a "matchday experience"?

Few pints before and after the game which you can do perfectly well in town.  There's no decent bars in Westhill.

Maybe the club should bring in a couple of face painters for the fannies that bang on about "matchday experiences" 

I guess they are referring to anything over and above a Bovril and a pie.

Is it really that much of a sare chav to leave the pub half an hour earlier and get a bus to the new stadium and the do same at the end of the game.  Anyone who can't handle that has bigger issues than stadium locations. 

• Downvote 2

I think it’s that simple

Rather have a ‘shithole’ stadium in town than a soulless, slightly bigger Tony Macaroni Lego stadium in the middle of nowhere

Need to extend the pitch?

Move the Merkland back a tad

who has ever said it would be a bigger Tony Macaroni? You seen the plans? The application was just covering heights and dimensions nothing said it will look like that.

I think it’s that simple

Rather have a ‘shithole’ stadium in town than a soulless, slightly bigger Tony Macaroni Lego stadium in the middle of nowhere

Need to extend the pitch?

Move the Merkland back a tad

That would have been fine if we hadn't missed the boat in buying the land behind the Paddock, there's flats there now.

Keep hearing this "matchday expreience" pish. What exactly are you expecting? What is a "matchday experience"?

Few pints before and after the game which you can do perfectly well in town. There's no decent bars in Westhill.

Maybe the club should bring in a couple of face painters for the fannies that bang on about "matchday experiences"

fanzone with 1000s of fans and a well organised bar pre and post match. Club restaurant that turns over 100s of fans a hour. Surely you are able to think outside the box a little.

Keep hearing this "matchday expreience" pish.  What exactly are you expecting?  What is a "matchday experience"?

Id say its aimed at providing something that would attract more than just your die hard or casual fan. I’ve been to a few grounds down here and don’t have any great affinity to the teams playing but always enjoy the experience, even if the fitba isn’t the best. Granted, the premier league clubs are on a different level to ourselves financially but I frequent the DW stadium often and its much in line with what id expect our eventual stadium to be like in terms of capacity. There’s always things going on outside the ground pre-match, a restaurant, bars, stalls and obviously you can get a pint in the stadium which encourages you to spend your money there rather than at he pub down the street.

Id like to think this an area the MLS link will prove to have some benefit as US sports are way ahead in this regard.

Even those who dont drink from the likes of peterhead,fraserburgh and ellon do you think they would drive all the way into town to be shuttled out to westhill then shuttled back

Would add at least an hour to their night on midweek games

Why would we drive into town and then get a shuttle out.

Take the AWPR at Blackdog and come off at Westhill.

Potentially it could be easier to get to / from than Pittodrie, for out of town supporters

I guess they are referring to anything over and above a Bovril and a pie.

Is it really that much of a sare chav to leave the pub half an hour earlier and get a bus to the new stadium and the do same at the end of the game.  Anyone who can't handle that has bigger issues than stadium locations. 

Drove to McDairmid on Sunday.  got to Perth back of 2 and missed first 5 mins cause the traffic and parking was a shambles.  multiply that by 4 or 5 for Kingsford.

Fuck that

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Few pints before and after the game which you can do perfectly well in town.  There's no decent bars in Westhill.

Violence

It's just the same at the moment for people that live outside the city centre, of which there are a great deal. 

When I used to live in Kingswells, I'd have to drive in. Few pints before the match. Sober up during the game. Pint after the match whilst the traffic dies down. Drive home. 

Easy

I think you might need to recalibrate your Alcohol metabolism app tbh. 

It's just the same at the moment for people that live outside the city centre, of which there are a great deal. 

When I used to live in Kingswells, I'd have to drive in. Few pints before the match. Sober up during the game. Pint after the match whilst the traffic dies down. Drive home. 

Easy

I think you might need to recalibrate your Alcohol metabolism app tbh. 

Oocha hoor hit a nerve with the toonsers.

Christ your being asked to travel less than 10 miles from Scotlands 3rd biggest city.

Nae that big a chav surely to fuck

It's not really the point, traffic and roads mean it'll be a shambles, if you want you can take the bus that goes a similar route just now around that area and see what it's like at a busy time, looking at closer to 2 hours.

I’m a toonser. Get the new cunt built, Pittodries a fucking embarrassment.

It's a dilapidated Frankenstein's monster of mismatched stands. There's fungus on the roofs, and fuck all to do but watch mediocre fitba once you get inside. Unless you call dodging aggressive seagulls an 'activity'. Against that European mob we beat 5-0, a wee lassie a couple of rows in front of me almost got a seagull clean aff the coupon. She screamed, her father had to intervene, and I've no doubt that wee quine will have to be dragged shrieking in terror back to Pittodrie as she has Johnny Rambo style flashbacks of this incoming cunt of a flying rat trying to eat her face. 

I'm not the sentimental sort... but I'd happily knock the fucking place down myself if it meant modern facilities. 

If the club goes down the route of building a stadium where there's fuck all to do but watch mediocre fitba and dodge predatory birds, only in a slightly less convenient location with no amenities within 5 miles, then they're going to regret that decision very quickly, and they may as well stay where they are. 

• Upvote 1

It's a dilapidated Frankenstein's monster of mismatched stands. There's fungus on the roofs, and fuck all to do but watch mediocre fitba once you get inside. Unless you call dodging aggressive seagulls an 'activity'. Against that European mob we beat 5-0, a wee lassie a couple of rows in front of me almost got a seagull clean aff the coupon. She screamed, her father had to intervene, and I've no doubt that wee quine will have to be dragged shrieking in terror back to Pittodrie as she has Johnny Rambo style flashbacks of this incoming cunt of a flying rat trying to eat her face. 

I'm not the sentimental sort... but I'd happily knock the fucking place down myself if it meant modern facilities. 

If the club goes down the route of building a stadium where there's fuck all to do but watch mediocre fitba and dodge predatory birds, only in a slightly less convenient location with no amenities within 5 miles, then they're going to regret that decision very quickly, and they may as well stay where they are. 

You think they would at least take time to remove the moss growing on the Main Stand roof..really embarrassing on TV...if it were my hoose roof i would be affronted to let it get that bad.

You think they would at least take time to remove the moss growing on the Main Stand roof..really embarrassing on TV...if it were my hoose roof i would be affronted to let it get that bad.

It's not moss and fungus its Milnes old wigs used for filling in the holes. Tight fisted git. His comments about hard decisions kept aberdeen afloat. The decision to keep Mcinnes as manager will keep them submerged and well behind the old firm------- unless there's a cormack miracle coming out of the USA.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The matchday experience has already begun.

Dougie Lampkiin of Kickstart fame is supposed to be putting on a display outside the RDS on Saturday.