Cormack Thread

14 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

? It proves the original posters point. Huge grants to rugby. Confusing loans to football. 

The SNP are anti football in general. A fact.

Why on earth should the people, ie you and me, give money to football clubs who fritter it away on shite like Curtis main et.al. earning 100k+ per year?! Clubs like DUFC have wages to turnover of over 100% and you think the government should give cash to them? The government asked all professional clubs in various sports to give them their accounts so that they could decide if grants or loans were suitable. Football in general had the most income via TV and sponsorship so they couldn’t justify giving us a grant when that money could go to smaller community sports.

The Scottish premiership carved out more than 80% of money from the TV deal. Lower divisions get grants because we give them peanuts from the TV deal.

Whether a grant or a loan it makes no odds to us. It’s pennies over a season.

We should be focussing on why we’ve been dishing out lucrative contracts to shite, cut the squad as much as possible and take pride in our youth.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

You literally commented on a post in which someone was criticising someone (correctly) for being 1 of the many SNP supporters who will lap up any and all shite they spout with "You'd rather the party in Government didn't have valid reasons for the decisions it makes? That kinda sums you up"

Now you either are not intelligent enough to realise your reply suggests you believe the SNP  do have "valid reasons for the decisions they make" or you missed the original posters point massively.

Either way . Dim.

No an SNP supporter then? .

I commented upon the fact that the governing party has, in their eyes, a valid reason for the decisions they make. Would it be more prudent to reach a decision for no apparent reason. The toss of a coin perhaps. 

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

You literally commented on a post in which someone was criticising someone (correctly) for being 1 of the many SNP supporters who will lap up any and all shite they spout with "You'd rather the party in Government didn't have valid reasons for the decisions it makes? That kinda sums you up"

Now you either are not intelligent enough to realise your reply suggests you believe the SNP  do have "valid reasons for the decisions they make" or you missed the original posters point massively.

Either way . Dim.

No an SNP supporter then? .

English is clearly not your strong point.

The quoted text shows that im suggesting the SNP believes it has valid reasons. Im not seeing where you could possibly garner the idea that I feel they do have valid reasons as, obviously, I don't know what is behind their thinking. 

12 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

I commented upon the fact that the governing party has, in their eyes, a valid reason for the decisions they make. Would it be more prudent to reach a decision for no apparent reason. The toss of a coin perhaps. 

Toss of a coin is certainly how they seem to make any decisions around healthcare / education and sod it most devolved matters.

• Dildo 1
10 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

This scottiah football disgraceful and shameful excuse of a "game" 

Tells the government to keep thier fucking beakd out of trying to rid society of sectarianism and bigotry, they themselves will address the issue, what do they do. 

Fuck all, 

Corona virus protocols, again Scottish football doesn't give two fucks. 

With an air of conceitedness and arrogance, and a superiority complex, 

Is it any wonder the game is treated the way it is. 

You reap what you sow, 

Fans can make a stand, can force change but we are as bad as the clubs, just accepting the game without pushing for change. 

You stupid fuckers think football values fans, it does not, 

Fans are an necessary evil that are paid lip service to. 

Only in the last 10 months have we heard clubs show any concern for fans. 

THEY DONT GIVE TWO FUCKS 

The update next month will be very interesting. 

He was estimating a loss of around 5m. 

If Cosgrove leaves for 2m we'll have brought in around 4.5m in player sales this season. 

Plus the pandemic insurance money appears to have been resolved. 

Next season another matter of course but the wage bill will be drastically reduced by summer time.  Would be good to know where things are at now. 

I think it will mainly be an early plea to renew season tickets. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The update next month will be very interesting. 

He was estimating a loss of around 5m. 

If Cosgrove leaves for 2m we'll have brought in around 4.5m in player sales this season. 

Plus the pandemic insurance money appears to have been resolved. 

Next season another matter of course but the wage bill will be drastically reduced by summer time.  Would be good to know where things are at now. 

I think it will mainly be an early plea to renew season tickets. 

I think your right. If every season ticket holder agreed to renew they'd probably be unconcerned but they obviously suspect it'll drop significantly and how do you cover those losses? 

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

I think your right. If every season ticket holder agreed to renew they'd probably be unconcerned but they obviously suspect it'll drop significantly and how do you cover those losses? 

Aye, big season ticket renewal push on the cards. 

He's already dropped in the campaign slogan.  We need you more than ever 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Thank fuck for those in Australia that their elected officials ignored @BrianFaePerth 

Half full stadiums LOL Pathetic

eh will grant you that if everyone had done like Oz then the world would be in a much better situation than we are. But that was never going to happen. 

The reaction to this shit is still ludicrous.

there are 10s of thousands of Aussies stranded in diseased third world shitholes like the UK that have had their lives ruined as they can’t come home. Oz will be the last country to get back to “normal” because of the authoritarian measures.