Cormack Thread

22 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Haha aye. Some folk too far either side of the spectrum there, someone called the woman a "snivelling wretch" hahaha. She's just in the door, min!

But the biggest question absolutely is this, why did Graham Hunter say he had the job, then retract that knowledge? Why did Glass let it slip that he'd been watching and eyeing up the squad since late last year? Either Cormack thinks the fans are total idiots, or he's so incompetent he got a list of applicants to take the club forward, and decided the best candidate was a guy who'd only coached on an interim basis and youth sides. 

It's clear there was no recruitment process. It was all smoke so the fans didn't jump on his back at appointing SG. Did DC ever think what would happen when it started going wrong? 

Shying away from a Q and A in a difficult moment, as he did last year, doesn't really match the persona he's trying to give us. 

Yeah, it was clear glass was chosen. I think in Cormack mind he will come good as he really believes in him. 

I think Cormack is genuinely just a good guy, loving owning his club and surrounding himself with people he likes. But I don't doubt he thinks they will be successful. 

Glass is a good speaker, I imagine Cormack was as bored of mcinnes as the rest of us were and I can see why he was taken in by glass approach. 

I guess I'm saying there's no conspiracy here, it's just not going well at the moment. Hopefully that changes Saturday. 

21 minutes ago, RUL said:

She's a red. Her husband is a hun. It happens in the real world. 

Not to anyone i know

Could tolerate a tim. Couldn't go near a hun supporting woman. Rotten

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Some of those questions in that Twitter thing... fuck sake.

Fan zones and playing towards a certain stand in the first half are the biggies. Real big issues.

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“d” asking some idiotic questions.

Asking about flags & why do we shoot towards the RDS 2nd half 

?

He/she deserves to be ignored 

What's idiotic about it? They directly liased with Cormack and were told that's what would happen. I know who they are. 

Maybe you should be ignored. In fact, yes, you definitely should be. 

5 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Fan zones and playing towards a certain stand in the first half are the biggies. Real big issues.

Hardly the biggest issues no, but definitely things that make sense to implement. Shooting towards the goal is maybe a bit daft, as you can't guarantee every game. Fan zones would make the match day experience much better. 

Guest milne_afc
Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Fan zones would make the match day experience much better.

I think your Scotch footy punters, especially those who have experienced the real deal in Germany etc, are in for a letdown when they see what the local clubs consider a ‘fan zone’.

2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I think your Scotch footy punters, especially those who have experienced the real deal in Germany etc, are in for a letdown when they see what the local clubs consider a ‘fan zone’.

What gets me is Cormack talking about how he's been schooled in the American Market of cheap food and drink, then you see the prices at Pittodrie?  any fan zone will be a rip off as well no doubt. 

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Probably. Which is why they'd do well to listen intently to those calling for it. 

20 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Why? 

Thats quite discriminatory of you and doesnt generally comply with your normal postings on here. 

My postings, in general, also indicate that I hate huns. 

I reserve my contempt for huns. 

I don't imagine you'd have an issue with that. Unless, of course, you're trying to trip me up or something. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

My postings, in general, also indicate that I hate huns. 

I reserve my contempt for huns. 

I don't imagine you'd have an issue with that. Unless, of course, you're trying to trip me up or something. 

Just seems odd you are so against discrimination, except against groups that suit you. If I said i hate blacks youd be all over it with the mock outrage. 

My wife is a hun, and I've never ever hidden that fact. I am quite offended by your discriminatory attitude. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Just seems odd you are so against discrimination, except against groups that suit you. If I said i hate blacks youd be all over it with the mock outrage. 

My wife is a hun, and I've never ever hidden that fact. I am quite offended by your discriminatory attitude. 

Surely depends why you hate huns? 

I also maybe wouldn't try equate being black to being a Rangers supporter. You know, cause that's an incredibly stupid comparison. 

Edit to add; 

I have hun mates etc so not exactly intolerant. I wouldn't take everything said on this website serious, as you'll know yourself, being a veteran.

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I also maybe wouldn't try equate being black to being a Rangers supporter. You know, cause that's an incredibly stupid comparison. 

So whats your reason for hating huns to the extent you wouldnt go with a hun or associate with them? I have no issue with that belief by the way, just find it very hypocritical that you're so vocal about discrimination against all other groups. 

I dont like the huns as a football club, but some of my best mates are huns as are all my in laws. Wouldnt let it dictate my life to that extreme. Seems very bizarre if you would - yet share some of the most extreme beliefs on the site of anyone. 

Do yous remember that time in history where Rangers fans weren't allowed to use the same toilets etc as other people? 

Good thing Graeme Souness King came along and helped that out. 

1 minute ago, dazzy_deff said:

So whats your reason for hating huns to the extent you wouldnt go with a hun or associate with them? I have no issue with that belief by the way, just find it very hypocritical that you're so vocal about discrimination against all other groups. 

I dont like the huns as a football club, but some of my best mates are huns as are all my in laws. Wouldnt let it dictate my life to that extreme. Seems very bizarre if you would - yet share some of the most extreme beliefs on the site of anyone. 

See above^

12 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Edit to add; 

I have hun mates etc so not exactly intolerant. I wouldn't take everything said on this website serious, as you'll know yourself, being a veteran.

A veteran? Im mid 30's you beaut. 

15 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

You're waffling shite. Nothing unusual there i suppose. 

Wasn't me who just tried to say hating black people is akin to hating huns. 

That is a huge and stinking pile of fecal matter 

The angle you were trying to work didn't come to fruition anyway, better luck next time. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Haha aye. Some folk too far either side of the spectrum there, someone called the woman a "snivelling wretch" hahaha. She's just in the door, min!

But the biggest question absolutely is this, why did Graham Hunter say he had the job, then retract that knowledge? Why did Glass let it slip that he'd been watching and eyeing up the squad since late last year? Either Cormack thinks the fans are total idiots, or he's so incompetent he got a list of applicants to take the club forward, and decided the best candidate was a guy who'd only coached on an interim basis and youth sides. 

It's clear there was no recruitment process. It was all smoke so the fans didn't jump on his back at appointing SG. Did DC ever think what would happen when it started going wrong? 

Shying away from a Q and A in a difficult moment, as he did last year, doesn't really match the persona he's trying to give us. 

DC is a rich, egotistic, full of shit prick who thinks that all Dons fans believe everything he says.

The SG appointment is going to backfire on him big style and it will be very interesting how he digs himself out of that hole.

Would expect a detailed Tom English article on the BBC website during the course of the next few weeks, which is likely to be typically brutal.

I feel sorry for SG but have a great deal of contempt for DC now unless he learns to swallow some pride at some stage.

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Wasn't me who just tried to say hating black people is akin to hating huns. 

That is a huge and stinking pile of fecal matter 

The angle you were trying to work didn't come to fruition anyway, better luck next time. 

I was putting a hypothetical spin on things. As I'm sure you are aware. But for somebody so anti discrimination of any form (or so you say on here) i find it bizarre you are so discriminatory against an entire group of people based on the football team they support. You still have provided no reason for discriminating against an entire group of people. 

I can’t do with any sectarian bullshit.

The general perception is that the Huns are vile. That’s what comes from their fans at games and from seeing the clips in the media.

I can stand Celtic either for that matter when they come out with their push like that song they were singing the last game, something about “This is the day” and whatever bulllshit that followed about supporting the IRA.

I once in my youth told my girlfriend to get out of my car for repeatedly singing “simply the best” cause it annoyed me. She wasn’t a Hun, but couldn’t be done with that crap.

5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

I was putting a hypothetical spin on things. As I'm sure you are aware. But for somebody so anti discrimination of any form (or so you say on here) i find it bizarre you are so discriminatory against an entire group of people based on the football team they support. You still have provided no reason for discriminating against an entire group of people. 

My thing with them is this. 

You get your ordinary folk who are huns, that's their team. OK. That's fine. I know people like this, they are normal, good people who just support a team, like I'm sure your wife is. 

However, there is a huge element of nonsense nationalism, bigotry etc amongst the rangers support. We hear it in the stands, we see it in the orange goalie tops, etc etc. You know what I'm on about. I hate the institution because of what they stand for, it's more than a football club. It's something that sets Scottish society back by hundreds of years. They pander to it as well. 

I hate their hatred. 

To put it simply. 

Just now, afc1903mad said:

I can’t do with any sectarian bullshit.

The general perception is that the Huns are vile. That’s what comes from their fans at games and from seeing the clips in the media.

I can stand Celtic either for that matter when they come out with their push like that song they were singing the last game, something about “This is the day” and whatever bulllshit that followed about supporting the IRA.

I once in my youth told my girlfriend to get out of my car for repeatedly singing “simply the best” cause it annoyed me. She wasn’t a Hun, but couldn’t be done with that crap.

Either can I. But theres a large percentage of huns who dont partake in any of that nonsense. As I say, i wouldnt allow my dislike for a football club impact my life choices in such a manner that it dictated who i could be mates with and what birds i could ride. Seems utterly bizarre to live life that way. 

1 minute ago, dazzy_deff said:

Either can I. But theres a large percentage of huns who dont partake in any of that nonsense. As I say, i wouldnt allow my dislike for a football club impact my life choices in such a manner that it dictated who i could be mates with and what birds i could ride. Seems utterly bizarre to live life that way. 

And I clarified that I don't actually, and I told you I was surprised you're taking everything I had to say as matter of fact. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

My thing with them is this. 

You get your ordinary folk who are huns, that's their team. OK. That's fine. I know people like this, they are normal, good people who just support a team, like I'm sure your wife is. 

However, there is a huge element of nonsense nationalism, bigotry etc amongst the rangers support. We hear it in the stands, we see it in the orange goalie tops, etc etc. You know what I'm on about. I hate the institution because of what they stand for, it's more than a football club. It's something that sets Scottish society back by hundreds of years. They pander to it as well. 

I hate their hatred. 

To put it simply. 

And i totally agree with hating that element of the support. But as you say, there are many who have no time for it. And an even bigger chunk who dont go to games and dont understand the whole thing. To rule out any relationship with any hun based on the actions of a few is no different to discrimination against any group of people. As i've said, some of my best mates are huns (2 of them are season ticket holders) and they dont give a fuck about the religious side. Likewise, my wife has never been to a game in her life - but my father in law went regularly and detests all the bigotry stuff. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

And I clarified that I don't actually, and I told you I was surprised you're taking everything I had to say as matter of fact. 

Seems an odd thing to lie about on a football forum. What you're effectively saying is you are full of hot air and your beliefs posted on here aren't actually genuine beliefs. Cool.