If this was the shortlist...

If this was the shortlist   

141 members have voted

1. 1. If this was the shortlist who would you prefer?

• Michael O'Neill
    • Neil Lennon
    • Stephen Robinson
    • Ronny Deila
    • Michael Beale
    • Derek McInnes
    • Tony Docherty
    • Rhys McCabe
    • Mark Fotheringham
    • Stephen Kenny
    • None of them

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2024 at 06:03 PM

I would like a foreign Manager but have his assistant someone who has experience of Scottish Football .

The assistant could then eventually take over in a few years after we hopefully have been challenging for title's and cups

• Like 1

Just now, The Gee Man said:

I assume you went none! So who’s your suggestion??

None of those but if we are talking about having to absolutely take one from that list it would be Deila. He wouldn’t come here so it’s a moot point but he is the best of that lot.

If you want a suggestion for an out of work manager right now then I would say Steve Cooper would be a good fit for us but again I doubt he would come here.

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

None of those but if we are talking about having to absolutely take one from that list it would be Deila. He wouldn’t come here so it’s a moot point but he is the best of that lot.

If you want a suggestion for an out of work manager right now then I would say Steve Cooper would be a good fit for us but again I doubt he would come here.

Don’t have to pick off list , cooper is a very unlikely option as he did reasonably well at Forest and will get another top job soon. Is there someone off the list we could get you’d pick

I'd go for the Aris Limassol manager Aleksey Shilevsky 

They do well in Europe they also beat Rangers at home and drew with them at Ibrox .

I'd also like their 2 strikers who are extremely quick on the break and can find the net.

But what do I know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dick Schreuder

Dutch coach known for his attacking/pressing play. Achieved promotion for Zwolle before leaving for Castellon and looking like promotion again. A good coach with decent experience in Netherlands, States and now Spain.

It won’t be him but shows you who’s out there other than the Scottish dross.

23 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

Dick Schreuder

Dutch coach known for his attacking/pressing play. Achieved promotion for Zwolle before leaving for Castellon and looking like promotion again. A good coach with decent experience in Netherlands, States and now Spain.

It won’t be him but shows you who’s out there other than the Scottish dross.

Surely a joke name! 

3 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Voted for Beale purely to see the vote standings. 

You don't need to vote for anyone to see the standings, you just pick view results 🤷‍♂️

It's okay to admit you want Beale. Considering Minijc has said he wants Mark Warburton the title of biggest maniac on the forum has already been claimed.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

What's folks thoughts on John Kennedy? Always seems to be get talked up, but not sure if its more out of sympathy for his career ending so soon or if he has a lot of potential. 

Have we not learned our lesson with inexperienced managers/coaches?

17 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

What's folks thoughts on John Kennedy? Always seems to be get talked up, but not sure if its more out of sympathy for his career ending so soon or if he has a lot of potential. 

As long as we become the club with a budget off the scale compared to our rivals then he’d be ideal as assistant to the main manager.

Other than that though he’s got fuck all on his CV

2 minutes ago, Max_AFC said:

Neil Lennon for me, logic being his stats while at Hibernian where he achieved a 47.5% win rate across all competitions 

With one of those seasons being in the Championship. Although to be fair, he at least did get them promoted

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

With one of those seasons being in the Championship. Although to be fair, he at least did get them promoted

Granted some time in the championship but he only lost 27 games in 122 with some very decent results against the cheeks. 

He knows the league and managing, living in a one club city I feel would be advantageous as he would be settled outside the Glasgow goldfish bowl. 

Available and interested and more importantly appears to want to be here. May be open to retaining Leve???? 

is this all too logical…..

6 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

McInnes for me.

Every shambolic season since he left highlights what an error it was to ditch him.

Can understand the argument however do management returns work out second time round? What is McInnes current attitude and appetite for a return to AFC