If this was the shortlist...

If this was the shortlist   

141 members have voted

1. 1. If this was the shortlist who would you prefer?

• Michael O'Neill
    • Neil Lennon
    • Stephen Robinson
    • Ronny Deila
    • Michael Beale
    • Derek McInnes
    • Tony Docherty
    • Rhys McCabe
    • Mark Fotheringham
    • Stephen Kenny
    • None of them

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2024 at 06:03 PM

On 3/30/2024 at 1:41 PM, Mr John said:

Wonder Woman

Matt Goss

Idi Amin

The ginger guy from "Billions"

Anneka Rice

Your Uncle with the three failed marriages

Bez

A low fat yoghurt

Dr. Seuss

A tin of "Ronseal"

Melt Banana

We didn't start the fire, it was always burning....

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

With one of those seasons being in the Championship. Although to be fair, he at least did get them promoted

He got the reigning Scottish Cup holders who had a team with John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch, Kris Commons, Martin Boyle and Jason Cummings in it promoted.

Not quite the achievement some think it is.

On 3/31/2024 at 5:50 PM, Edwin Starr said:

I'd go for the Aris Limassol manager Aleksey Shilevsky 

They do well in Europe they also beat Rangers at home and drew with them at Ibrox .

I'd also like their 2 strikers who are extremely quick on the break and can find the net.

But what do I know.

Some shout that.

Just looked him up.

Took over at Kairat in 2018 when he was 30 years old.

Gave them their first league title for 16 years in 2020, only their 3rd in history.

Joined Aris, first season equalled their highest ever league placing, 4th.

Then won the title the next season. At 35 years of age.

I'm in.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Some shout that.

Just looked him up.

Gave them their first league title for 16 years in 2020, only their 3rd in history.

I'm in.

He's no Malky Mackay or Ross Jack. 

Surely we're getting ideas above our station to consider someone who's not a Scottish or Irish footballing dinosaur approved by the Weegie media?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Some shout that.

Just looked him up.

I'm in

Thank you muttomhumper.

• Thanks 1
On 3/30/2024 at 1:41 PM, Mr John said:

A low fat yoghurt

Dr. Seuss

A tin of "Ronseal"

Melt Banana

The Japanese psyche-punk band ? 🤣

A truly progressive option.

I'd be on board with that actually. Traditional choices like Warnock don't seem to work here.

メルトバナナ !!!

19 hours ago, Max_AFC said:

Can understand the argument however do management returns work out second time round? What is McInnes current attitude and appetite for a return to AFC

I am not sure if he would come back, even though we are obviously a big step up from Killie.

I would like to have seen him get more time - he was consistent in the league and I think he could have eventually won more cups and got us into euro groups stages consistently (regularly, even if not every year).

That's what would have represented progress for his Aberdeen side.  Now progress would be "top 6" (how embarrassing is that?).

3 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I am not sure if he would come back, even though we are obviously a big step up from Killie.

I would like to have seen him get more time - he was consistent in the league and I think he could have eventually won more cups and got us into euro groups stages consistently (regularly, even if not every year).

That's what would have represented progress for his Aberdeen side.  Now progress would be "top 6" (how embarrassing is that?).

You've got to say budget as well. He wasn't given anything near what we spend nowadays.

Selling Cosgrove and Wright and replacing them with Fraser Hornby, Kamberi and Callum Hendry in on last minute loans and then complaining about lack of goals is another example of shite ownership and backing from Cormack and co that ultimately lead to us parting ways with him.

51 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

You've got to say budget as well. He wasn't given anything near what we spend nowadays.

Selling Cosgrove and Wright and replacing them with Fraser Hornby, Kamberi and Callum Hendry in on last minute loans and then complaining about lack of goals is another example of shite ownership and backing from Cormack and co that ultimately lead to us parting ways with him.

Couldn't afford to cause of the bunse he was on

54 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Spending over £100k on Ojo and paying him 5k a week, Bryson and Gleeson wages, Forrester fee and then there are many others, yeah we spend more now but it wasn't like McInnes had fuck all and if he did the bulk of his time here the owner was Milne.