Dearie me... I've been a supporter of some of his opinions in the past but his take on the next Aberdeen manager on Sportsound this afternoon suggests he needs some help. I get that it's all about the clicks and social media engagement but why would anyone think that we should be giving the job to Neil Lennon, Malky Macky or Jack Ross... and argue the point so passionately. The man is clearly in need of some help. I get that we're a shit show right now, but clearly nowhere near enough of a shitshow to hire these utter bellends...

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, At The Border Guy said:

My only theory is he's giving a shout out to his mates.

BBC Radio Scotland in a nutshell.

Maurice Ross was sacked for making racist comments down south. Later that day Kenny McIntyre was introducing him to the audience as a friend of the show.

• Haha 1

Ultimately he's doing what others within the Scottish game want and that's for clubs like Aberdeen to not try and push to the next level

I'm sure if Naismith was to leave Hearts he'd be pushing for those names to join them too

Each of them have a multitude of reasons they should only ever be at Pittodrie if they're the away manager

Every single one of them is exponentially better than any of our last 3 choices.

Now I'd prefer that we got a new manager from abroad but we have to be realistic. We just aren't viewed as being a particularly attractive option to managers outwith Scotland. Even more so if we don't have European football to look forward to next season. Supposedly we've been rejected by a few prospective managers already.

Sadly the names Stewart has mentioned might well be the best of what we are left with.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 3
8 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Thomson rinsing Stewart again, as is the fans on the text lol, Stewart sounding rather sheepish repeating his utter shite narrative.

What did Thomson say? I heard Stewart on the radio on the way home during the first half mention Lennon and Ross but not the rest. It’s so hilariously predictable and depressing. Why do these constant failures get linked with every job going.

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Stewart is a fucking moron

He thinks he is infinitely more intelligent than he actually is (not at all) and seems to exist in a perpetual state of anger and delusion.

Nah he’s usually not that bad, not afraid to speak about about the diabolical refereeing and the old firm getting away with murder while the rest are just client media for them.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, At The Border Guy said:

My only theory is he's giving a shout out to his mates. All of those three have proven themselves to be shite at football management and/or throwing their toys out of the pram and/or being cunts on a human level. Their time in football should be over, full stop.

Or he’s looking after himself. Only so many pundit jobs in Scotland especially if you’re not an ex arse cheek player & arse kisser & maybe he thinks it’s better they get another management job so they’re less likely to get jobs as a pundit & leave him jobless 

7 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

What did Thomson say? I heard Stewart on the radio on the way home during the first half mention Lennon and Ross but not the rest. It’s so hilariously predictable and depressing. Why do these constant failures get linked with every job going.

Pretty much doubled down on his choices, everybody else disagreed, stubborn arsehole, should just stick to talking about Edinburgh and Glasgow clubs, he knows fuck all about us as fans, and club

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Or he’s looking after himself. Only so many pundit jobs in Scotland especially if you’re not an ex arse cheek player & arse kisser & maybe he thinks it’s better they get another management job so they’re less likely to get jobs as a pundit & leave him jobless 

No chance any of them are taking his place, the BBC need Stewart for the controversy 

26 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Every single one of them is exponentially better than any of our last 3 choices.

Now I'd prefer that we got a new manager from abroad but we have to be realistic. We just aren't viewed as being a particularly attractive option to managers outwith Scotland. Even more so if we don't have European football to look forward to next season. Supposedly we've been rejected by a few prospective managers already.

Sadly the names Stewart has mentioned might well be the best of what we are left with.

Correct, he’s not being a cunt for the sake of it which still puts him ahead of some of the channels contributors.

I get it.  He’s telling us not to cut off our nose to spite our face full in the knowledge our last three appointments have already made us look like thon Charlie puffin bint off eastenders.  What he’s saying is just appoint another yes man to tell us we’re beautiful and just laugh along as people make fun of us at the Ball safe in the knowledge that whilst we’re not the bonniest there, we’re still not the ugliest hag in the corner (livvy and Hamilton on rotation).

• Like 1
Just now, Geoff_Tipps said:

Fair play to Thomson, took Stewart to the cleaners and made a complete of arse of him on live radio. 

Use to have a lot of time for Stewart but he really has lost his way of late. 

He did and Thomson also done a lot more at selling the job here than anyone at our club.

• Upvote 4
14 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Nah he’s usually not that bad, not afraid to speak about about the diabolical refereeing and the old firm getting away with murder while the rest are just client media for them.

I agree, To me, normally seems fine. Like you say, with those issues.

Seems like he's been brain farting his way through today's programme.

Very strange angle for him to take. Unexpected.

For someone that has been so good against the arse cheeks & West coast bias & BS so much in past. Hes completely bought into all their views of Aberdeens ‘place’ in Scotland & is now adding his opinions on our ridiculous state of affairs.

He’s 100% wrong at moment but give this cunt Cormack enough fkn time & this is indeed the level of managers we will only dream of in future 

42 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

Dearie me... I've been a supporter of some of his opinions in the past but his take on the next Aberdeen manager on Sportsound this afternoon suggests he needs some help. I get that it's all about the clicks and social media engagement but why would anyone think that we should be giving the job to Neil Lennon, Malky Macky or Jack Ross... and argue the point so passionately. The man is clearly in need of some help. I get that we're a shit show right now, but clearly nowhere near enough of a shitshow to hire these utter bellends...

I think they truly believe substandard SPFL managers is the level Aberdeen should be looking for.

That's our place, and they cannot comprehend that we want, and expect, better than that.

• Upvote 1

Tbf to Stewart, that was a bit of an off night for him tonight but I think he usually articulates himself quite well and for me he's one of the only pundits who seems to accurately portray McInnes' time at Aberdeen - good for a period, went downhill and it was time for a change etc, whereas others persist with the 'be careful what you wish for' rubbish. His shouts for the job were awful though. 

Fair play to Thomson for going back to basics and reminding people that the Aberdeen job is one that will interest a lot of people and we should be aiming for a high caliber of candidate. I did think he deviated slightly when he suggested something along the lines of taking someone from the top of League 1 or the Championship but other than that made some decent points. 

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Thomson rinsing Stewart again, as is the fans on the text lol, Stewart sounding rather sheepish repeating his utter shite narrative.

Was surprised how well Thomson came across. I’d not be against him getting sacked as Dons boss the middle of next season.

• Haha 2