1 hour ago, Proud Dandy said:

Allan Preston is another one that’s embarrassing to listen to. Nearly every single week Shankland scores he asks Willie “Iz Doook still better than Shankland?” Hearing him crestfallen if we won the Scottish cup would be superb, however unlikely it is 

Safe to say we shall not be rubbing that semi literate shit heels face in shite this year. 

Rio Ferdinand recalls the time Roy Keane furiously berated ex-Man Utd midfielder Michael Stewart in training:

🗣️ "Michael Stewart, he was a young lad, Scottish international. I don’t know what triggered Roy, but I could hear him saying, 'You’ll never make it, you. You’ll be playing for a pub team in a couple years’ time if you carry on the way you are!'"

Keane's response: 🗣️ "I was right! He ended up playing for Hibernian and Hearts."

Savage 🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
25 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Rio Ferdinand recalls the time Roy Keane furiously berated ex-Man Utd midfielder Michael Stewart in training:

🗣️ "Michael Stewart, he was a young lad, Scottish international. I don’t know what triggered Roy, but I could hear him saying, 'You’ll never make it, you. You’ll be playing for a pub team in a couple years’ time if you carry on the way you are!'"

Keane's response: 🗣️ "I was right! He ended up playing for Hibernian and Hearts."

Savage 🤣

#bantz but it’s the English media talking down on our game like this that’s the entire problem here. 

• Upvote 3
7 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

#bantz but it’s the English media talking down on our game like this that’s the entire problem here. 

English media can do what they like. It's the moronic Scots who lap it up that are the problem IMO. 

Also, as pointed out elsewhere in this thread, Roy Keane has a cheek given he was absolutely shit up here and got ripped apart by the part-timers of Clyde. 

• Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

English media can do what they like. It's the moronic Scots who lap it up that are the problem IMO. 

Also, as pointed out elsewhere in this thread, Roy Keane has a cheek given he was absolutely shit up here and got ripped apart by the part-timers of Clyde. 

Jeez get a life 

Just now, Parklife said:

You're the one lapping up a wanker English media guy slagging off our game. 

You know he'd slag off our club the exact same way he did the Edinburgh two, right? 

No I was quoting something about Michael Stewart in the Michael Stewart thread. 

There are a lot of pundits in football nowadays who criticise top players when they themselves didn't exactly set the world on fire as players.

Michael Stewart was an average player in very average Hearts and Hibs teams and Stephen Thomson was a decent goalscorer for a few seasons but hardly a world beater. 

It's worse in England with the likes of Troy Deeney, Gabby Agbonlahor, Robbie Savage, Jermaine Jenas etc.

33 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

There are a lot of pundits in football nowadays who criticise top players when they themselves didn't exactly set the world on fire as players.

Michael Stewart was an average player in very average Hearts and Hibs teams and Stephen Thomson was a decent goalscorer for a few seasons but hardly a world beater. 

It's worse in England with the likes of Troy Deeney, Gabby Agbonlahor, Robbie Savage, Jermaine Jenas etc.

Just as well there's pundit's like Eni Aluko and Lucy Ward

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Michael Stewart played for Man Utd when they were good?

Michael Stewart was on the books at United as a youth but as far as I recall didn't play a first team game before returning to Scotland to play for the Edinburgh clubs.

This brings up the question of when is a player a player, of that makes any sense.  Just because a player is signed by a club can he be considered a player at that level if he's never kicked a ball for the first team?  Plenty clubs down south, particularly the EPL, can have 50+ players on their books but loads are U23s who have never had a sniff at the first team and never will, but they'll still tell all their mates and family they're an EPL player even though they end up at Morecombe, Mansfield, or some other shite the next season when they've been released. 

1 hour ago, sigh said:

Just as well there's pundit's like Eni Aluko and Lucy Ward

Eni Aluko is an atrocious person. Talks absolute bollocks as a pundit, gets really basic stuff wrong that would take 10 seconds to fact check but doesn't, then immediately plays the race / sexism card when she's called out for it and claims she has to flee the country to be safe.

She doesn't deserve to be anywhere near punditry at any level of the men's or woman's game

Roy Keane, an Irishman, slagging off Scottish footy to get some laughs from his English mates. Pathetic. How's Cork City getting on?

Ferdinand laughing like a hyena... Big man you cheated on your cancer-stricken wife, and now that whore is acting as a 'mother' to your kids! And you made a documentary crying about your dead wife! Almost the lowest of the low.

(Huns and weegies are automatically worse)

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, JumboJET said:

Roy Keane, an Irishman, slagging off Scottish footy to get some laughs from his English mates. Pathetic. How's Cork City getting on?

Ferdinand laughing like a hyena... Big man you cheated on your cancer-stricken wife, and now that whore is acting as a 'mother' to your kids! And you made a documentary crying about your dead wife! Almost the lowest of the low.

(Huns and weegies are automatically worse)

You know Scottish football is shite though, aye?

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
6 hours ago, JumboJET said:

Exactly what I said before; it gets on my fucking nerves listening to those Uncle Paddy types, slagging off Scottish football to gain favour with their former colonisers. They're as bad as the Plastic Paddies who sing their "Chucky songs" while living and working in England and taking the Queen's coin for a living.

On 4/10/2024 at 10:16 AM, RabidGiraffe said:

Michael Stewart was on the books at United as a youth but as far as I recall didn't play a first team game before returning to Scotland to play for the Edinburgh clubs.

You recall quite a lot incorrectly. 

• Haha 2