7 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Tbf to Stewart, that was a bit of an off night for him tonight but I think he usually articulates himself quite well and for me he's one of the only pundits who seems to accurately portray McInnes' time at Aberdeen - good for a period, went downhill and it was time for a change etc, whereas others persist with the 'be careful what you wish for' rubbish. His shouts for the job were awful though. 

Fair play to Thomson for going back to basics and reminding people that the Aberdeen job is one that will interest a lot of people and we should be aiming for a high caliber of candidate. I did think he deviated slightly when he suggested something along the lines of taking someone from the top of League 1 or the Championship but other than that made some decent points. 

Jim Goodwin?

12 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I think they truly believe substandard SPFL managers is the level Aberdeen should be looking for.

That's our place, and they cannot comprehend that we want, and expect, better than that.

What was the phrase he kept using earlier - was it golden sweeties or shiny baubles or something?

(to be fair his accusation was that’s what Cormack was dangling which came across as way too tea baggy for my liking)

But are we wrong to want nice things?  With respect I’m waaaay too long in the tooth to expect them, although apparently that’s a club specific thing, 10 out of 12 to be exact.

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Stewart is a fucking moron

He thinks he is infinitely more intelligent than he actually is (not at all) and seems to exist in a perpetual state of anger and delusion.

Love that video of him in the tunnel at Hamilton, I think

Was sent off, went to boot a water bottle and fell on his derriere 

28 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Love that video of him in the tunnel at Hamilton, I think

Was sent off, went to boot a water bottle and fell on his derriere 

That is a classic.

The video of him missing the bottle sort of sums him up when hes speaking. Loads of anger but when he tries to articulate/direct it, he ends up looking a daft cunt

1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Fair play to Thomson, took Stewart to the cleaners and made a complete of arse of him on live radio. 

Use to have a lot of time for Stewart but he really has lost his way of late. 

Didnt hear what he said but always thought Stewart was one of the more intelligent snd objective pundits but if Thompson is putting him straight I was obviously wrong

2 hours ago, brownie said:

BBC Radio Scotland in a nutshell.

Maurice Ross was sacked for making racist comments down south. Later that day Kenny McIntyre was introducing him to the audience as a friend of the show.

Well they’ve had Hugh Dallas a guest a couple of times I think.

I man so disgraced he had to travel across Europe to work as a referee.

But just another pundit on Radio Scotland.

I like Michael Stewart as he has opinions which often rub against the status quo up here. However he suffers from his reputation, in so much as he's seen as being a controversial figure and he tries desperately to live up to that.

Had he said our rumoured targets are poorer than some on our doorstep, staring us in the face and then named three superior candidates, fair play. But he didn't.

Had (like @Ten Caat) he said Lennon, MacKay & Ross are better than our previous three appointees, he'd have a point. But he didn't.

Instead he rattled off a handful of lazy, usual suspects who have an individual & collective history of failure.

Kevin Thomson may have been promoting himself as an out of work manager (nothing wrong with that), but he was 100% correct in saying these guys have had multiple chances and repeatedly come up short.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

He called out the hun penalty today as a joke. The one that Tavernier scored to break the UK goalscoring record for a defender. One hundred and thirty fucking one.

He missed the penalty but did score later in the game. 

FTH 

3 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

Dearie me... I've been a supporter of some of his opinions in the past but his take on the next Aberdeen manager on Sportsound this afternoon suggests he needs some help. I get that it's all about the clicks and social media engagement but why would anyone think that we should be giving the job to Neil Lennon, Malky Macky or Jack Ross... and argue the point so passionately. The man is clearly in need of some help. I get that we're a shit show right now, but clearly nowhere near enough of a shitshow to hire these utter bellends...

Heard him in the car, a bellend. 

10 minutes ago, AllyDon said:

He missed the penalty but did score later in the game. 

FTH 

It’s the thought that counts. They tried.

See Hibs put up a post on their official site at time.

”penalty to Rangers, who had 20mins?”  🤣

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

Dearie me... I've been a supporter of some of his opinions in the past but his take on the next Aberdeen manager on Sportsound this afternoon suggests he needs some help. I get that it's all about the clicks and social media engagement but why would anyone think that we should be giving the job to Neil Lennon, Malky Macky or Jack Ross... and argue the point so passionately. The man is clearly in need of some help. I get that we're a shit show right now, but clearly nowhere near enough of a shitshow to hire these utter bellends...

If there was a vacany at one of the Glasgow clubs would he be pushing to get the likes of Lennon, Malky Macky or Jack Ross into one of those jobs

I doubt it

1 minute ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

If there was a vacany at one of the Glasgow clubs would he be pushing to get the likes of Lennon, Malky Macky or Jack Ross into one of those jobs

I doubt it

To be honest, that’s a daft argument.

That’s like saying Motherwell & St Johnstone would be going for the same managers as us, which they wouldn’t. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

I doubt it

He’s touting these mugs about as that’s the level he sees us at. Like the majority of these media clowns, they think we are delusional in not accepting the usual merry go round of shit, failed Scottish managers. 

2 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

He’s touting these mugs about as that’s the level he sees us at. Like the majority of these media clowns, they think we are delusional in not accepting the usual merry go round of shit, failed Scottish managers. 

Probably.

Only other explanation I can think is he has looked at our last three managers and decided these guys would be an upgrade.

Which to be fair they probably would.

Thats the problem with appointing such utterly dogshit managers in succession.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's possible to disagree with Stewart without going full on and deciding to hate him.

Its the ability to reason (and opposable thumbs) that separates us from Huns. 

Agreed and as much as i disagree with the thinking of appointing the same merry go round managers, Stewart isn't wrong is he? We have appointed Glass (probably the only outside the box) Jim Goodwin another who does the rounds in the scottish game, Robson an easy appointment based on form and also been around the scottish game.  unless we are willing to offer a decent salary then most foreign managers wouldn't come here outside Celtic or Rangers, the only chance of "success" at a "big" club outside those two is winning a cup or finishing 3rd and maybe a run in europe at best.  

Michael Stewart is a reasonable pundit. Isnt scared of speaking his mind and will often speak out against the majority view. He also has a healthy disdain for authority and the ugly sisters. 
Who gives a fuck what his opinion is on who our next manager should be. Mental folk are getting upset about it.

• Upvote 6
16 hours ago, Dynamo said:

Michael Stewart's problem is that he has a complete inability to realise that other people don't always share his world view.

He also approaches any topic as if it is an argument that has to be won.

In this instance, he was outmanoeuvred by Kevin Thomson and still couldn't make any concessions. Then he had a hissy fit on national radio.

10 hours ago, JumboJET said:

He also approaches any topic as if it is an argument that has to be won.

In this instance, he was outmanoeuvred by Kevin Thomson and still couldn't make any concessions. Then he had a hissy fit on national radio.

It was actually an embarrassing piece of broadcasting. Mildly amusing to start with, but quickly it just became pathetic. 

Thomson did get right under his ginger helmet, right enough.